NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fall Clinton Get together

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 345
Author
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2010 at 10:46am
Ok, I don't know how it happened, but I have been talked into camping... We have site A42
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2010 at 10:35am
Originally posted by ski247 ski247 wrote:

Alan,

Lisa and I are going to try and make it the 9th. We'll let you know. Sounds like a great time.

Paul

Sorry it's working out that way for you Paul but we'd still love to get you and Lisa out there and show around. Maybe we can work something out with getting your baot and camper there as well so be in touch.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
ski247 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ski247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2010 at 11:28pm
Alan,

Lisa and I are going to try and make it the 9th. We'll let you know. Sounds like a great time.

Paul
The point of life is not to arrive in the grave in a well preserved body, but to slide in totally worn out shouting "holy sh#@ what a ride"
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2010 at 10:36pm
Originally posted by skutsch skutsch wrote:

Gary - We stayed at the Holiday Inn in LeRoy, IL. Its very new and was very close. Nice place. We will probably stay there again.

thanks steve
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
RJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2010 at 10:07pm
We're in A43.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2010 at 8:16pm
In talking to the Clinton regulars off-line it seems that 9-18 would be the better weekend for most.

Unless there are other objections I think we should call it for Sept 17-19. We usually get in Thursday evening after work and plan to do that again this year. I'd also suggest the same camping loop as last year, I just reserved site A44 and sites 41 through 49 are all available. These sites are a short walk down the hill to the lake and docks and worked out pretty good last year. Here's the link to reserve your site. Grab your site now so were all together like last year.

I know there will be some who just can't make that weekend but if it's any consolation Dana and I will be there 9-11 as well so you'd still have the opportunity to check the place out.
Hawktique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawktique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2010 at 7:10pm
For sure!
"A Veteran is someone who at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to: 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life." Semper Fi
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2010 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by storm34 storm34 wrote:

Originally posted by mdvalant mdvalant wrote:

I may be able to make this one...

Iowa guys road trip?

You guys have to make the trip it is a BLAST! You'll never believe the water temps!
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2010 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by mdvalant mdvalant wrote:

Iowa guys road trip?
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2010 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by RJ RJ wrote:

We're good either date but prefer 9/18 - (love to get mojo to clinton w/us this time)

Yeah, I missed this gathering three years in a row now. I'd love to come down.. Clinton is great..

Does anyone know if there's a camper place around that would drop off a rig like they do up in Green Lake??

Anyway, hope the dates work out.... Again I'm in for the 18th..

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2010 at 2:07pm
We will try to make it again. It was a blast last year.

Gary - We stayed at the Holiday Inn in LeRoy, IL. Its very new and was very close. Nice place. We will probably stay there again.

RJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2010 at 6:02am
We're good either date but prefer 9/18 - (love to get mojo to clinton w/us this time)
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2010 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

Lots of talk last week an GL about the Clinton Fall weekend so thought I'd get the ball rolling.

We seem to have 2 weekends that could work so I'll throw out dates as Sept-11/12 or Sept-18/19.

Kick it around and we'll start a preference list next week.

Magic, 9/18 is our best shot... The 11th is completely out for us..

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

ski247 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ski247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2010 at 11:35pm
We can do the 11th. I have a bachelor party in Miami the 18th. Poor me. I won't be able to make it down until Friday evening after work. I have one other problem, if we are going to camp I will have to bring the 5th wheel. I can trade a bed in the 5th wheel for a spot in a boat unless someone is available to tow the boat from Chicago.    
The point of life is not to arrive in the grave in a well preserved body, but to slide in totally worn out shouting "holy sh#@ what a ride"
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2010 at 1:58pm
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
Mississippi River - Bellevue, IA
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2010 at 1:18pm
18/19 is good for us. 11th is questionable.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2010 at 10:44am
This is a super-duper trip. I may not have our boat back from the great northwoods by that time, or at all if I find storage up there. If that's the case I may be boatless.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2010 at 10:24am
Originally posted by ski247 ski247 wrote:

Looking at the website the lake looks awesome. Are there tons of houses on the lake or is most of it public land? Depending on which weekend Lisa and I will be there.    

Paul, There's no development on the lake at all, I believe all the land is owned by the power company. The campground is state run and has nice facilities, beach, boat ramp,general store and a lunch/breakfast joint.   There is a marina with gas as well but thats about it. This is always a great weekend for the CC gang, do try to make it out. Water temp in sept by the outlet is still in the 90's, after a day playing hard on the water we just tie up, float and relax until we run out of beer.

Gary, There is a new motel about 25 minutes from the campground, I'll look it up and post info on it tonight. Skutch and his gang stayed there last year and I didn't hear anything bad about it.

This is a great weekend everybody and for many the last one of the year so worth the trip.

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2010 at 12:30am
Are there any nice motels nearby?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Hawktique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawktique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2010 at 12:28am
Originally posted by storm34 storm34 wrote:

Originally posted by Hawktique Hawktique wrote:

Not a problem Chris.

Josh, see if you can get the truck again and we'll take the SNOB.   

I have a truck. Not sure if I can line up the camper. Depends on whats going on at the racetrack that weekend.
"A Veteran is someone who at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to: 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life." Semper Fi
ski247 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ski247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2010 at 11:19pm
Looking at the website the lake looks awesome. Are there tons of houses on the lake or is most of it public land? Depending on which weekend Lisa and I will be there.    
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2010 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by Hawktique Hawktique wrote:

Not a problem Chris.

Josh, see if you can get the truck again and we'll take the SNOB.   
tnplicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tnplicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2010 at 7:30pm
I checked the Illinois DNR Clinton Lake site

Reservations will be accepted using the Reserve America website starting July 7th, 2010.

Once a date in finalized, we should inquire as to whether a block of sites can be held.
tnplicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tnplicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2010 at 4:32pm
Alan, it's really too early to tell with the kids' sports activities, but I would have to vote for Sept-11/12 at this point. I also heard ALL Clinton Lake campsites are now reservable. I don't know if it true or not, as I have not looked into it. We've only been there once so far this summer.
Hawktique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawktique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2010 at 1:07pm
Not a problem Chris.
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2010 at 7:50pm
Josh, I may have to ride with you!
Hawktique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawktique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2010 at 2:48am
I may have to try this lake clinton thing out!
RJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2010 at 1:30am
YES!........ Thanks for getting this started. I wish I was there now.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2010 at 8:52pm
Lots of talk last week an GL about the Clinton Fall weekend so thought I'd get the ball rolling.

We seem to have 2 weekends that could work so I'll throw out dates as Sept-11/12 or Sept-18/19.

Kick it around and we'll start a preference list next week.

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 345
  Share Topic