Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - New addition to the stable - ACME 470 Installed
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New addition to the stable - ACME 470 Installed

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 4567>
Author
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2009 at 7:28am
No worries.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2009 at 2:52am
Great info Brian.

Thanks very much for doing that for me (and everyone else here )

Thanks again.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2009 at 1:09am
P.S. I told the owner I would not put his name or personal information on a website, and he gave me the ok to post the story here.   BKH
Livin' the Dream

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2009 at 1:05am
Chopper,

I spoke to the previous owner of your boat. Nice guy.

The boat was stolen in July. The previous owner took the money from his insurance company and has purchased a 95 SNOB.

The boat was originally a promo boat used at Bell Aqua in Sacramento California. The promo driver was guy named Gustafson, and his son was a comp skier. It was reported that the boat pulled jump at the Nationals in Bell Aqua. He believes that was in 91.

The previous owner bought the boat after 1 season with 120 hours on the boat. It had 875 hours on it when stolen. The previous owner reports he never had a single problem with the boat, and serviced it each season.

The boat has never seen salt water. After Bell Aqua it spent its life on the California Delta. Now that he has told me which boat it was, I can say I passed that boat on its lift many times. It was located about 15 minutes from my house by water.

The boat was hotwired, gutted, and left floating in a large slough about 25 minutes by water from the site it was stolen.

He said it was a carbureted engine with a breakerless ignition. I do not know if that means pro tech, and neither did he.

I invited the previous owner to check out the website and follow your progress on the restore. He said he was very happy to hear the boat had gone somewhere that it would be used.

That's all I got.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2009 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by Pgaboeing Pgaboeing wrote:

Andrew, I will be sending the tilt steering helm assembly.
Thanks Paul.

You better email me with some details then hey.
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2009 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by bkhallpass bkhallpass wrote:

Chopper. I got your email. I have not had time to pursue. Friday looks like my first opportunity. BKH

Thanks Brian. That's great. Much appreciated.
Pgaboeing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pgaboeing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2009 at 1:54pm
Andrew, I will be sending the tilt steering helm assembly.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2009 at 1:38pm
Chopper. I got your email. I have not had time to pursue. Friday looks like my first opportunity. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2009 at 6:35am
Hey guys,
can anyone tell me what the GVR / GVW weights for this trailer / boat setup will be.?

Also the width of the trailer.?
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2009 at 5:17am
Originally posted by bkhallpass bkhallpass wrote:

Chopper,

I live 30 miles from Pleasanton. I'm usually there a couple times per week. Send me a PM with what you have and I'll see if I can help you. BKH

Hi Brian,
How do I send you a PM on this site.? email through the site.?

I'll just try that

Cheers,
Andrew.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2009 at 5:03am
Chopper,

I live 30 miles from Pleasanton. I'm usually there a couple times per week. Send me a PM with what you have and I'll see if I can help you. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2009 at 3:05am
Would anyone be interested in helping me try to track down the previous owner so I can find out some more details.?

I do have some other details, but I don't want post them on the forum as their not my details to post.

I have the title, which indicates that the previous owner is from Pleasanton CA. Looks like it was a one owner boat too as the title was issued in 1991 & was only transfered to the insurance company.
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2009 at 6:45pm
gas tank looks new!! mine has turned into a yellowish colour...looks crappy against that one....
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2009 at 11:47pm
Originally posted by akabulla akabulla wrote:

Can't wait to see what you do with her. How do the stringers look?

They look good from here

I guess I will find out in a week or two.
akabulla View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akabulla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2009 at 11:43pm
Ahhhhh, gotcha. I thought he already got it since he had new pictures.
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2009 at 8:31pm
AKA,

He will not get it until maybe Dec 18th. These picture came from the boat dealer in California. I think.

Donald
akabulla View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akabulla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2009 at 8:18pm
I really like how the front seat does that. That might be my next project. It is wood now so it would be cool to see if I could make a fiberglass one and get it to flip up like that. But I am also planning on mounting my amps on the back so that would screw with that design.

Can't wait to see what you do with her. How do the stringers look?
phickman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phickman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2009 at 1:49am
Nice find, make her pretty again.
Paul Hickman
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2009 at 1:20am
Here's some more pics for those interested.

It's a bit of a mess, but should clean up ok.

Front 1

Front 2

Rear

Motor front

Motor rear

Hull / prop / rudder

Hull back
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2009 at 12:50am
Chopper,

SEMA = Speciality Equipment Market Association. They have a huge show in Vegas every year that shows all of the car modification or hop up parts. Chrome Wheels, etc. All After Market stuff for cars.

Donald
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2009 at 12:39am
Hey guys,
The 91 should arrive and be cleared by customs in approx 1.5 - 2 weeks.

Looks like I have secured most of the interior parts I need thanks to Paul (Pgaboeing)and hopefully most of the mechanical parts here in OZ thanks to Dan (91nautique).

I can't wait.!
akabulla View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akabulla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2009 at 1:31pm
So exicting!
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2009 at 1:43am
Quick update:

The boat was loaded into the container & delivered to Port on 2 Nov, and departed on 9 Nov. should arrive here on 18 Dec.

Sadly no pics of it being loaded as the shipping agent I used was away (SEMA show.?). I guess I'll just have to wait & get some when she arrives.
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2009 at 3:06am
Originally posted by akabulla akabulla wrote:

Andrew, that is a sweat deal! The engine is worth that! You know your boat inspired the look of my rebuild so don't make me go get a 91 just so I can follow your lead again . I can't afford another one!!

Good luck and I am sure after a good wet sanding that exterior will look like new again and you don't have to worry about stringer rot correct? Wasn't it 91 they started using composite stringers or was it 92?

Can't wait to see some pics of it completed!

Peace!

Hey AKA,
Thanks for the props.! Glad I could be of some assistance - even though you put in far more work & effort than I.! But don't worry, I'm not planning to do too much to the 91. Probably restore the gel & replace the decals. I do have a tower from a 1996 Ski Nautique that I picked up for the 1989 but never used in my garage. I will probably fit that, and maybe a bimni.

I'll see what it's like when it arrives. From all reports, it seems to have been looked after up until it was stolen. But I don't want to get ahead of myself just in case.

The main priority will be to get the missing parts & get it up & running again

No it will still have wood. Composite wasn't officially introduced until 1993. This may influence how long I keep it for.

The main reason I posted it here was to share the process with CCF members. (And to find the bits I need)

akabulla View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akabulla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2009 at 12:25am
I meant to say the engine is worth WELL more than that!
akabulla View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akabulla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2009 at 12:23am
Andrew, that is a sweat deal! The engine is worth that! You know your boat inspired the look of my rebuild so don't make me go get a 91 just so I can follow your lead again . I can't afford another one!!

Good luck and I am sure after a good wet sanding that exterior will look like new again and you don't have to worry about stringer rot correct? Wasn't it 91 they started using composite stringers or was it 92?

Can't wait to see some pics of it completed!

Peace!
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2009 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by boat dr boat dr wrote:

The helm shown in the pics is TILT, when it was offered is a mute point. I have told Chopper I have the parts to complete his tilt feature............

did you shoot all those pesky pheasents already.?
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2009 at 10:40pm
you didn't confuse me don't wory. I'm just looking at the pic, and there is no spline, just a 1/2 of a knuckle / uni joint of some kind.

Billy, you can email me at:

munstr2001 (at) yahoo (dot) com (dot) au

Cheers,
Andrew.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2009 at 6:28pm
Just checked the brochures... tilt didnt become standard until '93. It was listed as an option in '92. No mention of it in '91, but I know it wasnt offered in '90. Sorry for the confusion!
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2009 at 6:15pm
FYI my 1992 came with tilt...and from the date on the hull number it was an early 92 model as it was built somewhere around september 1991.
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 4567>
  Share Topic