NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Footin with the PLBC boys

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 45678 11>
Author
Feelgood M.D. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feelgood M.D. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2006 at 7:01pm
Boys, I feel like a proud father the day his sons graduate or bang their first skank, 5 footers any day. Come December, if the weather is above 32, we oughta fire it up for one last run in Texas before we officially close the season for the entire U.S. They say the weather down here ain't bad and there will be days in the 70s easy. Additionally, anyone thinking of challenging the PLBC in drinking or any watersport should seriously investigate their current life insurance policy as the PLBC does not claim any responsibility for the injury and/or death of any non-members attending sanctioned PLBC events. PLBC Pride Worldwide.
Hunting for a Early 2000s Super Air or Super Sport w/ a Python
Former Boats:
2001 SN 196
1986 BFN
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2006 at 4:35pm
I wish I knew these young ladies. Hmmm, chicks fighting in the sand...what's the problem here?

Ken
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2006 at 4:33pm
If you're seriously bringing girls like that you'll have to let me know, I don't want to bring my own and have a huge cat fight at the sandbar. Apparently when you're with one lady and bring a few others they don't get along...
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2006 at 4:30pm
hahaha Nice ahhhhh, young ladies there Ken.. I think I will need a darker pair of shades if they make the trip with ya !!! Doh'

Moj'
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2006 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

As long as you don't bring your queer-eye boat crew we'll be alright.

Hey, this guy says he likes the Hollywood type. We'll invite him to GL for you

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2006 at 4:11pm
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2006 at 4:10pm

I say bring all 10 of them!

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2006 at 4:07pm
I'll only come, Hollywood, if I can bring my friends with me.

Ken
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2006 at 4:03pm
Alright already. MOJO, I guess it's time to start a new GL07 thread and get this thing rolling.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2006 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by Nautique2001 Nautique2001 wrote:

We'll help offset the no-shows, if there are any next year. Regardless, we'll make a good time out of it.

As long as you don't bring your queer-eye boat crew we'll be alright.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2006 at 3:48pm
I'm guessing that after seeing our thorough documentation of every single outing we've had that people will start getting the point that missing any of these events is truly their loss! It's a great group of people and things just generally work out well when we get together.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2006 at 3:32pm
We'll help offset the no-shows, if there are any next year. Regardless, we'll make a good time out of it. I'll show Hollywood how to drink a six pack.

Ken
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2006 at 3:20pm
Hopefully everybody shows too, in 06 we had a handful of boats/people that never showed, or said they couldn't make it.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2006 at 2:47pm
You can count me in, Moj'. I'm anxious to see what's in store for '07. I'll start preparing for it, physically and mentally!

Can wait to see the registration page grow this time around.

Ken
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2006 at 1:05pm

I'd tear the cats out and run a straight pipe. This should give more kick, right?

Ken

Yeah, but that with straight prop fins there Ken.... yuck, yuck yuck,,,, I had to do it bro Let's look towards a great 07' season...

It would be great to have you guys from the N.E out at our "Sconnie fest" next summer.. Yep, between Quinner, Brownie and the PLBC crew, a lasting impression has already been left with the good folks of Green Lake.. More the merrier !!

Moj'
Gotwake View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gotwake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2006 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Judging by the latest issue of Waterski, the cats are built right into the exhaust manifolds, Ken.

Correct. The mufflers are built into the exhaust tips. Nice for changing an impeller on a V-drive, no more muffler in the way.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2006 at 12:28pm
Guess I don't need to worry much about it.

Ken
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2006 at 12:25pm
Judging by the latest issue of Waterski, the cats are built right into the exhaust manifolds, Ken.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2006 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Ken, theres not much you can do to a prop to improve holeshot, unless youre talking about repitching it (major rework). Youre better off going with a lower pitch prop like the 542 in that case. It sounds like you have some real nice numbers though- probably perfect for what we do. The holeshot should have been pretty impressive, right? I wouldnt change a thing.

You're right, Tim. The 540 is the best of both worlds. I'm going to verify the top end with a GPS in the spring. The wake is flatter too. Let me know who you end up shipping your prop to. I want a quality repair job.

Ken
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2006 at 12:19pm
I'd tear the cats out and run a straight pipe. This should give more kick, right?

Ken
todicus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote todicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2006 at 12:18pm
Cool reunion page............ if BKHallpa$$ can make it, so can I.
Living outside the wake
95GT-40SNOB
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2006 at 12:18pm
Ken, theres not much you can do to a prop to improve holeshot, unless youre talking about repitching it (major rework). Youre better off going with a lower pitch prop like the 542 in that case. It sounds like you have some real nice numbers though- probably perfect for what we do. The holeshot should have been pretty impressive, right? I wouldnt change a thing.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2006 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Originally posted by M3Fan M3Fan wrote:

The MC was a dog out of the hole. It has the 8,000.00 engine upgrade to the 350HP MCX, but it was hurtin' pulling out 3 deeps at the same time out of the hole.

During our previous outing Hollywood, Booby and I did 3 deeps behind the 206, it pulled us right up, IRC Hollywood compared it to single behind his boat.

You know we never did run em side by side w/o skiers to compare hole shot and top end.

I think the fact that the MC is running catlytic converters makes this less of an apples-to-apples comparison.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2006 at 12:08pm
Tim,

Should I get my 540 tweaked a little for a better hole shot? Do you think it's dialed in nicely, besides the recent bends, for what we're doing? FYI, Saturday, I hit 46MPH at 4,650-4,700 RPM's. It was just me in the boat, no gear and a quarter tank of gas. I think my engine began to starve for gas or air because it began to back-off RPM's by itself. That's a next year concern.

Ken
todicus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote todicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2006 at 12:05pm

Is this the spot ? I missed the reunion page......I'll have to check it out. I've got some relatives in Carol Beach......... don't know how close that is to Green Lake; I'll have to do some research.
Living outside the wake
95GT-40SNOB
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2006 at 12:04pm
Quinner, we tried my Acme 470 (12.5x15 3-blade) on my dads '03 196 (excalibur). It gave a slight improvement on top end (1/4 MPH according to PP). It showed no other significant gain unloaded- it ran pretty much dead even against our buddy's '02 196 with the stock 422. The 470 did turn almost 200 more RPM though, and subjectively it felt stronger when pulling a barefooter. I bet it would make a bigger difference the more skiers you were pulling.
Gotwake View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gotwake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2006 at 12:03pm
LOL! Ok! I'll get the X80 out - twin 350's and a place for quinner to squat!

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2006 at 12:03pm
Wisconsin will need to have the National Guard on alert with all of us together .
I'm really looking forward to '07, GL. We'll recruit more east coast folks. The sandbar will be packed tight like a blivit. Keep us all posted on the progress!

Ken
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2006 at 11:58am

For me, I need about 40MPH to step off long line or I'm toast. I can only imagine the drag on any boat with pulling 5-6 barefooters deepwater start, then establishing the correct speed for all footers. You're over-working the engine at that point, IMO. I imagine 375HP is the minimum. The Python has some serious torque too, which should overcome the drag. Problem is, the Python is no longer an option on CC boats.

Ken

Ken, the motor is already pushing 2500lbs of boat through the water- a few extra footers wont hurt it. Think of all the wakeboarders running 2500lbs of ballast on a hull that already weighs 3500+ lbs. I bet my boat could pull 6 footers, as could a newer Ski Nautique.

Brad, home brew? Now we're talking!

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2006 at 11:57am
Todicus,

Did you see the GL reunion page from this year? It has all the info you need. I don't think the 2007 info is ready to be posted. Us east coast folks will either buy plane tickets or drive. I recommend you do the same. It's the Disney World of Correctcraftfan.com!

Ken
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 45678 11>
  Share Topic