Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - New addition to the stable - ACME 470 Installed
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New addition to the stable - ACME 470 Installed

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 567
Author
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2009 at 4:39pm
The helm shown in the pics is TILT, when it was offered is a mute point. I have told Chopper I have the parts to complete his tilt feature............
WakeSlayer View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2009 at 2:21pm
I thought my 92BFN had a tilt wheel. Maybe a late model 92.
Mike N

1968 Mustang

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2009 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by Chopper Chopper wrote:

Question 2 - Steering

Do 91's have the tilt adjustable steering wheel.?

If so, where would be the best place to get these parts.?

This is what I have & more importantly, don't have

No- tilt wheel didnt become an option until '93. You may be able to retrofit, though.
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2009 at 12:35am
Billy,
Good man.! I'm keen to know what you may have, along with anything else missing from that pic.

Let me know.

Enjoy hunting pheasents.
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2009 at 9:40pm
Chopper, I think I got all the parts and pieces to repair your tilt helm. Give me a week or so , leaving Mon. nite for a pheasent hunt.... Will search after I return.........Billy
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2009 at 9:29pm
Question 2 - Steering

Do 91's have the tilt adjustable steering wheel.?

If so, where would be the best place to get these parts.?

This is what I have & more importantly, don't have

Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2009 at 7:05am

I am considering a custom dash as it is very unlikely that I will find genuine CC dash in Australia.

Well, the US CCFans know what to do for you...
Guys, start searching!
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2009 at 4:17am
Originally posted by kapla kapla wrote:

price is really tempting!! nice find..now you will have it hard finding some of the parts. The dash comes stripped at least or is a goner? plans on doing a custom one..
will enjoy the rebuilt..good luck..

Hey Seb,
unless the dash is up under the bow out of sight, it's a gonner.

I am considering a custom dash as it is very unlikely that I will find genuine CC dash in Australia.
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2009 at 3:29am
Originally posted by The Godfather The Godfather wrote:

Andrew,

Did you get help with your papers ?

Just making sure they helped you.

Dave

P.S. Nice looking ride

Thanks Dave,
Yes Larry is helping me out. It would help if I gave him the correct Hull number though

Might have to get an older classic nect time.
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2009 at 1:01am
price is really tempting!! nice find..now you will have it hard finding some of the parts. The dash comes stripped at least or is a goner? plans on doing a custom one..
will enjoy the rebuilt..good luck..
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2009 at 12:28am

Andrew,

Did you get help with your papers ?

Just making sure they helped you.

Dave

P.S. Nice looking ride
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2009 at 10:49pm

Excluding inland transport costs, a ballpark figure would be around $4k USD in a container and up around $8k for "roll on roll off" for a boat of this size.

Wow, we are so spoiled to have them in our backyards!
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2009 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by SNobsessed SNobsessed wrote:

Andrew - I know it is none of my business - but how much does it cost to transport a boat to Australia?     It has to be significant.

Chris there are lots of variables, mostly concerning shipping method.

Excluding inland transport costs, a ballpark figure would be around $4k USD in a container and up around $8k for "roll on roll off" for a boat of this size.
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2009 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Andrew, nice pick up! I love the cranberry/charcoal.

Do you have a link to the expired ebay auction? Its not coming up in my search... would love to check out more pics.

Here you go Tim.

91 link
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2009 at 12:53pm
Chopper, now I know who got that boat... I was following up on this one for a buddy of mine here who was also intrested.
Good to see it found a home in the CCFan family
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2009 at 12:35pm
Kevin, its not showing up. Ive had this problem before where I need a direct link... can you help me out?
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2009 at 12:30pm
Tim, it is there under Correct Craft in the completed listings.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2009 at 12:22pm
Andrew, nice pick up! I love the cranberry/charcoal.

Do you have a link to the expired ebay auction? Its not coming up in my search... would love to check out more pics.
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2009 at 10:46am
Andrew - I know it is none of my business - but how much does it cost to transport a boat to Australia?     It has to be significant.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2009 at 4:29am
no big deal to convert to ei and dizzy. At least you dont have the expense of buying a carb to replace the throttle body, like I did. Best of luck.
rubitlarman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rubitlarman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2009 at 3:18am
Chopper, we have a 93 sport with/had the Protech system on it over here in NZ. It was the coil packs that seemed to go on us. After a couple of years and some frustraing times we have just upgraded to a MSD dizzy. Best thing we have ever done.
regards

Rob
More power is needed till the fear of speed is overcome by the thrill of acceleration
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2009 at 2:09am
Question 1 - Engine

Engine is Protec ignition with carb induction. I was under the impression that it was the throttle body induction that gave problems.?

Is that correct or is it the ignition / dizzy / coil pacs that are the problem.?
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2009 at 2:02am
Nice pick up Andrew, congrats. If you get a chance sometime send me your email address to jhf6659 at yahoo I have gotten an email or two from you from the site but have never been able to reply.. Hope summer down under treats you boys well..
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2009 at 1:49am
Originally posted by SN206 SN206 wrote:

How long will it take to get there?

I don't have a load date, but once loaded it will take approx 5 weeks give or take. most likely give.!
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2009 at 1:44am
Originally posted by lewy2001 lewy2001 wrote:

Andrew is there any funny characters in the name of picture. Characters like _ / * are reserved characters and cannot be used in the uploaded files.

I'll rename it & try again

Looks like it was in pretty good condition from Ebay pics. The price was right anyway. Looking forward to seeing more pictures. Hope most of the interior was there for you.

Yeah I got some additional pics + the larger versions of the pics from ebay. Interior that is there appears to be in good condition, just dirty. Captains chair and front observer seat back & corner cussions are there. Front seat base cussion is missing. There is no rear seat at all, but it appears that there never was one originally. There are no holes or clips, plus there is a big "Correct Craft Inc" decal on the inside above the tank. Possibly a lower spec'd interior.?

Exterior looks reasonably good also. A few minor scratches. Hull isn't too oxidized & may only need cut / polish work

Trailer appears to be very good with new tires.

Have you organised to have it loaded in a container yet?
Boat gets delivered to the holding yard tomorrow.
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2009 at 1:16am
How long will it take to get there?
...those who have fallen and those who will.
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2009 at 12:11am
Andrew is there any funny characters in the name of picture. Characters like _ / * are reserved characters and cannot be used in the uploaded files.

Looks like it was in pretty good condition from Ebay pics. The price was right anyway. Looking forward to seeing more pictures. Hope most of the interior was there for you. Have you organised to have it loaded in a container yet?
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-27-2009 at 11:40pm
couldn't load pic for some reason.? It uploaded but didn't insert. What am I doing wrong.?
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-27-2009 at 11:38pm
Let's have a reunion down under next year and all go down there and build the boat in a week like the cable show'Overhaulin'

Except we'll call it

'PIMP MY NAUTIQUE!'
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-27-2009 at 11:35pm
Hey guys,
Some of you already know, but picked up the 1991 Ski Nautique below on ebay on Saturday. It has now started it's long jerney down under tonight.

I haven't seen it in person, I do know it's be a bit of a project, & but it actually doesn't look too bad. Just have to track down all the bits & pieces that have been taken off it.!

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 567
  Share Topic