NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lake ice

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
Author
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lake ice
    Posted: March-13-2009 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Originally posted by Brady Brady wrote:

Do you still get up to the Three Lakes area?

Just waiting on Pete to do the Group invite, LOL.

Have not been up that way in a few years, it sure is a beautiful part of Wisco.

Chris,
Actually it has crossed my mind a few times. It was even brought up once as a alternate to GL when that was being discussed. I'd love to do it but now the problem is logistics. Unlike Moj who seems to have the spare time to put things together I'll need to retire first!! Still a possibility. I couldn't think of a better place for a reunion. Plenty of water (lots more than GL) but made up of small lakes so there's plenty of calm water. Campgrounds are limited to two Wisconsin state sites but plenty of lodging elseware. Of course we always have a big white boathouse with 6 chainfalls in it as a alternate!!! No problem with eats and several on the water too. Oh, no sandbar ether!

The old MACBA (Midwest Antique Classic Boat Association) used to have 3 day outings that I helped organize but I wasn't the key organizer. All it takes is time!! I created the on water scavenger hunts and posted all the "hints" on the lakes. They got the attendees to almost every lake on the upper (Three Lakes) chain.

Now, I'm not saying you're not welcome to come up - anyone is always welcome!

We also have several other CCfan members in the area. JD (cudas51) is a full time resisdent as well as Ryan (watercraft). I also know we have some lurkers - incognito. Plenty of CC's from all the years of Watercraft selling them.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2009 at 3:23pm

Do you still get up to the Three Lakes area?

Just waiting on Pete to do the Group invite, LOL.

Have not been up that way in a few years, it sure is a beautiful part of Wisco.
Brady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2009 at 9:17am
Mark,
I went back to work last Tuesday, but I will have to get over to check on the roofers progress, so maybe I'll see you on the 21st. If you don't see me could you please snap a few photos of the job? Did you hear about Jeff Bonacks passing, I still can't believe it.

Chris,
Weasels just won a zoning case involving his right to expand the place, so I imagine that will happen soon. Do you still get up to the Three Lakes area?
Charlie
Three Lakes, Wisconsin
69 Barracuda
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2009 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Pete,

Something tells me that Chris has that location hardwired in the internal GPS. Didn't he say that he bought his boat from Watercraft?

Yes and when he was picking up his boat is when I think his GPS took him out to Weasels!!

If we happen to all sit together at the GL dinner again this year, remind me to tell you all a story!!

Originally posted by LaurelLakeSkier LaurelLakeSkier wrote:

I'll walk over to your side of the lake for a first hand look at the new home for the boathouse....looks good in the photos.

No more skating or walking on our lake this year, half the ice has gone out this week, Should be all open water soon!

LaurelLakeSkier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaurelLakeSkier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2009 at 11:05pm
I'll try to get the dock/lifts/boats in before Memorial Day weekend but will have to see how well that plan works out. Looks like we'll be heading up the weekend of March 21. I'll walk over to your side of the lake for a first hand look at the new home for the boathouse....looks good in the photos.

I hope to pull the small Whaler home then, ski season should start here in a couple of weeks and that works out well for the early season conditioning and is easy to trailer.
Brady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2009 at 8:29am
Mark,
How is it that you have avoided that place for all these years?
The Mod, now theres a name you don't hear much any more.
I forget, do you put your boats in on Memorial day weekend or do you get up earlier?
Charlie
Three Lakes, Wisconsin
69 Barracuda

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaurelLakeSkier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2009 at 12:58am
I think county zoning just grandfathered them in for an expansion project. Chris will need to pay a visit to check out the upgrades.
Last time I was in there, it was still the Modernaire....thats been a while.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2009 at 9:23pm

Pete,

Something tells me that Chris has that location hardwired in the internal GPS. Didn't he say that he bought his boat from Watercraft?

Yes and when he was picking up his boat is when I think his GPS took him out to Weasels!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Brady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2009 at 9:14pm
Pete,

Charlie
Three Lakes, Wisconsin
69 Barracuda
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2009 at 12:20pm
Charlie and Mark,
Should we tell CQ about Weasels? Actually I seem to remember he already knows of the place!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaurelLakeSkier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2009 at 11:40pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

[QUOTE=Brady]
Mark,

That is an awesome boat house, and knowing how tough the Wisco DNR is, quite an accomplishment. Can't wait for the invite for the entire CCFan Contingent to stay there, How many Chain Falls do you have for sleeping accomodations?

The boathouse is over on Chuck's side of the lake....it was nice of him to extend an invitation per your request!
Brady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2009 at 8:56am
Chris,
There are 6 chain-falls, tho I;m not quite sure how many are required for a good nites sleep... if thats what your after. Maybe a griphoist of come-along would be more to your liking.
Charlie
Three Lakes, Wisconsin
69 Barracuda
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2009 at 12:08am

Steve,
I will probably be up there the same as Pete, unless work stays as slow as it is now, in which case I will stay longer.

In that case, do you have room for a few more??

Mark,

That is an awesome boat house, and knowing how tough the Wisco DNR is, quite an accomplishment. Can't wait for the invite for the entire CCFan Contingent to stay there, How many Chain Falls do you have for sleeping accomodations?
Brady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2009 at 11:32pm
Mark,
You just have to rub it in! You lucky dog you.
Charlie
Three Lakes, Wisconsin
69 Barracuda

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaurelLakeSkier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2009 at 9:42pm
Our schedule will be about the same....up on Friday night head back late on Monday. Summer won't start this year 'till almost the middle of June. After that, we'll be around and (with a bit of luck) skiing every day 'till the end of August.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2009 at 1:10pm
Eagle River/Three Lakes map

Steve,
If you open up this link, you'll see the Eagle River area/chain-lakes. Panning south and east will get you to the Three Lakes area/chain-lakes.
One of Rand McNallys errors has always been the mislabeling of Laural lake and not labeling Medicine lake. Medicine lake is actually labled as Laurel and Laurel is actually the lake to the southeast of the island.

I'm on Medicine lake in the south bay next to Hwy. 32 (I also have lake frontage on Spirit lake too) The Tique would probably be in the lift (Medicine lake).

Charlie is on the north shore of Laurel and you certainly can't miss a big white boathouse.

Mark is across the lake in a bay to the southeast of Charlie. You would be able to spot his place by a MC in a lift (yes, a MC!!!) as well as a Whaler in the lift next to it.

Watercraft Sales (fuel) is in the south bay of Island lake.

A day trip over the dam to explore the chain fully would be fun. Try to plan on it. Oh, I found the current fee on the lift. $5.00 each way - I told you it's been years since I've been over it!!! When you get closer to the trip, I'll get you phone numbers and address's.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Brady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2009 at 10:24am
Steve,
I will probably be up there the same as Pete, unless work stays as slow as it is now, in which case I will stay longer.
Charlie
Three Lakes, Wisconsin
69 Barracuda
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2009 at 9:56am
Steve,
I just took a look at the calender and I'll probably drive up on the 22nd and then drive home on the 26th.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2009 at 12:08am
Man, my dementia is setting in again! I must have been looking at the wrong calander.

Im not sure what is planned for the weekend when we first get there.   Would be cool to get toghether if schedules allow!!    How long is everyone going to be around that week?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Brady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2009 at 11:36pm
Steve,

Looks like a mini reunion!
Charlie
Three Lakes, Wisconsin
69 Barracuda

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaurelLakeSkier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2009 at 10:58pm
Originally posted by 62 wood 62 wood wrote:

Just checked dates, looks like we will be there the week before Memorial weekend... something like 23rd thru 29th.

On my calendar that looks like Memorial day weekend. If you get over to the Three Lake side of the chain, be sure to let one of us know. I'm just across the lake from Charlie and around the bend and through the channel from Pete.
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2009 at 1:34pm
Steve, I'll pull it from the engine and put it aside for you. if you need anything else from the engine let me know. call me 877-369-6693to confirm...I wont toss it
"the things you own will start to own you"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2009 at 11:26pm
Bruce,
It's been years since I've been over the dam but I will go there ether by car or boat a couple times each summer just to check it out. I've never seen more that one boat waiting and would have to say that's on a busy holiday weekend. The last I heard the lift charge is $3.00 for a round trip. The lift from one side to the other takes about 10 minutes at the most.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2009 at 11:15pm
What do they charge for that? And how backed up do they get? I think the locks was $7.00 round trip last year. It can hold about a dozen boats.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2009 at 10:49pm

burnt rollways hoist

I'd guess the lift is about 15'from the lower Eagle River side to Three Lakes.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Brady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2009 at 10:34pm
Bruce'
It's a Gantry type crane on rails with a cradle for picking a variety of boat types and rolling across the road from the upper to the lower chain.
Charlie
Three Lakes, Wisconsin
69 Barracuda
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2009 at 9:49pm
I'd like to see what this boat lift looks like. We have a hand operated lock and bridge that is on the river between Sebago and Long Lakes.

The quotes came with the pics. The lock can be a PIA.
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2009 at 9:31pm
Eric, that'd be cool! I havent gotten into the original diz yet. Being its a 68 vintage Pacer conversion, Im guessing it might need some attention.

I tried to email you thru your homepage, but it wouldnt work. I you want, drop a note to me at      kten72@yahoo.com .

Thanks again!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2009 at 6:56pm
actually, I have a complete engine im pulling to have around to pick parts from, its complete, manifolds appear to be in good shape, its from a 78 fourwinns OMC set up, but it has many crossover parts that you may be able to use. just let me know
Eric
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2009 at 6:52pm
Steve, if you need an older mallory diz for that 283, I'll put it aside for you, just post a ship to address, think of it as goodwill
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
  Share Topic