Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fall Clinton Get together

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 5>
Author
Dan loves nautiques View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan loves nautiques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fall Clinton Get together
    Posted: October-13-2010 at 9:27pm
Went to Clinton again last Sunday. They closed the warm half of the lake Sat. It was still pretty warm and busy. Loads of surfing till it calmed down later for some wakeboarding, probably my last for the year. I hate cold weather.

Dan
95 Ski Nautique
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2010 at 1:54am
A little late to the party here. We had a great time and the first family tent camping adventure was a success so I feel confident saying we will be doing it again. Nice to stay where all the action is. Thanks to Alan and Dana for hosting the gathering every night and cranking up the grills for all to cook on. We bugged out early on Sunday and my little dinky camera cannot hang with the big dogs...this is my visual contribution.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan loves nautiques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2010 at 8:39pm
I'm thinking 1 more boating trip to Clinton. Love the warm water!

Dan
95 Ski Nautique
weitekampt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weitekampt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2010 at 5:45pm
Dude, it was butta all afternoon on the "cold" 75 degree side. We could have barefooted all afternoon. We decided to warm up a bit and hit the 91 degree water instead. Look at Alan's beer belly picture....barefoot in the morning then veg in the hot tub in the afternoon!

Missed you man! I wore my PLBC shirt for you since you weren't there.
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
1993 Ski Nautique
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2010 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

heading to the ski water

Please tell me this water is just "cold" as it looks pretty damn calm to me!

Evan has some serious charisma.
RJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2010 at 1:48am
more pics from lake Clinton Fall 2010:

http://lakeclintonseptember2010.shutterfly.com/

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan loves nautiques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2010 at 3:16pm
Wow, what an awesome weekend with the fond memories of all my wonderful new friends. Thank you all for the experience. Loved the pics, send more! Will be back at Clinton for sure. Thanks to "toolman" hunter for rescuing me for an easy fix. Why do things break when you least expect it? He also has the sweetest surf setup yet I've tried, must have cruised a mile or two. Good luck with the move.

What a pleasure to ride in so many different boats, visit, ride and not have to drive all day. Will have to plan on an extra day or 2 to stay next year

Dan
95 Ski Nautique
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2010 at 2:19pm
I'm in. Is it too early to sign up?
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2010 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by M3Fan M3Fan wrote:

I'm glad somebody caught me going backward! Great pics. Can't wait for next year. This is truly an awesome trip. The place is practically engineered for CCFans!

I'm thinking Major Reunion here.....
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2010 at 2:04pm
I'm glad somebody caught me going backward! Great pics. Can't wait for next year. This is truly an awesome trip. The place is practically engineered for CCFans!
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2010 at 12:02pm
Sundays barefoot boat

heading to the ski water

M3Fan tricking

Dana

Gail dropping in

Todd's signature move

lunch break at Boonedocks

Beer belly?

You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2010 at 11:50am
Helden gets some air

Driver concentration

Dan, Danielle and Dana

Dan is a mad man, he'll ride anything u put put in the boat

beth, Madison and Joel

Saturday nights festivities

The dogs on clean up detail

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2010 at 11:38am
Joe in Ny behind the 81

Rj's Ride

Joe, 81 and the Hunters

Rj's gang and Steve K

Stang and Helden put in a good afternoon on teh water

Stang, Mojo , Gary Starr

The Evanator is in the House

part of Saturday's raftup
Nautiquehunter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2010 at 9:28am
We found out about the NC get together at the Clinton lake mini. Its about 230 miles we will be there late Thurs early Fry. See you there.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2010 at 9:22am
Originally posted by Nautiquehunter Nautiquehunter wrote:

Made it to our new GA home all is good.

Mike glad you made it down here to Hotlanta without any problems. We've still got a good month or so left of skiing and warm weather (probably longer thatn that). You guy's outta start your new adventure by dragging the boat up to NC to meet up with a few of us southern CCfans as well as our some old friends from the north who are making the trip down.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Nautiquehunter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2010 at 1:38am
Originally posted by RJ RJ wrote:

Im with Mojo. Whether its "official" or not we (me and my crew) will be kick'n off and ending every season at Lake Clinton. Im even hoping for an extra trip down in between just because we found a faster route that cut an hour off the trip, thanks to M3Fan.

We had a great time! It's so hard to leave with such great water and great friends. Thanks everyone for taking care of us this weekend. Our family in motion is quite the commotion, and all of the help was very much appreciated!! Cant wait until next time. Nicole captured some great images, I will see what I can get posted.

Hunter- have a safe trip down, it wont be the same up here without you.

Thanks again!
RJ

Made it to our new GA home all is good. Don't count us out yet 650 miles is not too far to share good times with good buds.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2010 at 5:19pm
Awesome. Lots of smiling faces! I don't know how I kept missing the surf boat! Surfing is so fun that I'd buy another boat just to surf if I had the coin!
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weitekampt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2010 at 4:31pm

Mojo, 81nautique, RJ, GaryS

Kurt and Candace

RJ, 81nautique, Weitekampt, Brian

Mojo, PLBC

Weitekampt Jr.

Mike and Gail Hunter

Joel trickin'

RJ and family

Dan from Charleston layin' it down.

Heading out to surf

NautiqueHunter

Dana Surfing

M3Fan heading to warmer water

Mojo wakeboarding

Mojo again

Todd surfing
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
1993 Ski Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2010 at 2:56am
Well gang this was just an awesome weekend for us. This entire gang is so much fun it was just impossible to leave. We got in about 10 last night and hit that sack exhausted. Just getting to looking at pictures now and there are some fantastic shots, I'll get some up in a few days.

I'm sooo glad our rookie campers seemed to come out of the rain storms in good shape and that they may be back for another round next spring.   Sure was nice seeing how our group has expanded with all the little ones. Especially nice to see some strangers like the Heins, Brian and Deb and new lifetime friend Dan. Stang, Dan and Brian represent the old guys pretty darn good on the water.

Such a great time but if there was one highlight for me it was working with Mojo's daughter Danielle on the boom. A few more attempts and a little nicer water and we would have had a new barefooter. I really enjoyed working with Todd, Joe and Gail on their barefooting too, I just don't do much of it anymore but I guess it's always in your blood. Gail by the way is an animal, one week with sac footer and she'd show us all how it's done, totally fearless.

Tons of pics to come I promise.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2010 at 12:25am
It was still plenty fine on that side of the lake. Low 70's IIRC.

We had a great time as well. Madison LOVED camping and literally would not get out of the tent voluntarily when we were trying to put it away.

RJ, I'd love to see the pics Nicole took when our boats were running side by side! Looking forward to those.

Alan and Dana were awesome hosts with the Bounder and Todd and Renee were helpful as well. It's nice to have experienced campers who have ALL the gear when us newbies come up short.

It was nice hanging out with everybody and I can't wait for the next one.
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI

tnplicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tnplicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2010 at 11:39pm
Sounds like everyone had a good time despite the cooler weather and some rain. I am dissapointed we weren't able to make it down this year.

By chance, did anyone check the water temp on the "cold" side of the lake. I still hope to make it down a time or too before the end of season and would like to know what the temps are on the reactor side of the lake away from everyone else in the bathtub.
RJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2010 at 7:02pm
Im with Mojo. Whether its "official" or not we (me and my crew) will be kick'n off and ending every season at Lake Clinton. Im even hoping for an extra trip down in between just because we found a faster route that cut an hour off the trip, thanks to M3Fan.

We had a great time! It's so hard to leave with such great water and great friends. Thanks everyone for taking care of us this weekend. Our family in motion is quite the commotion, and all of the help was very much appreciated!! Cant wait until next time. Nicole captured some great images, I will see what I can get posted.

Hunter- have a safe trip down, it wont be the same up here without you.

Thanks again!
RJ
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2010 at 12:28pm
Wow, what a great time !!!!! There is no better way to finish off a summer than flat water runs, a "hot tub" lake to soak the aching bones with a cold beer in your hand and awesome boat buddies !!!

Big thanks to everyone. Todd/Alan for the boat and instruction with Danielle. She loved every minute of it !!! Slept the whole way home hahaha..

Alan/Dana, party central @ at Bounder was nothing shy of fantastic, despite the showers !!

This is a must do annual.. I think a Spring gathering is a must as well..

Thanks again,
Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2010 at 2:50am
Here's a couple of teaser photo's for everyone,these were taken Saturday afternoon.Water temp here was in the lower 90's! Had a great time seeing everyone.

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weitekampt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2010 at 2:39am
Got home tonight and already feeling sore. I always like going to the lake and taking a few slalom pulls and trick for a while, but it is only at "gatherings" when you can really let your hair down and so crazy stuff. I beat the heck out of myself trying new barefoot starts off the boom. As always, Alan is great for loaning out equipment and teaching people new tricks. I surfed one time last year at the fall gathering (thanks Dan) and was offered numerous pulls behind Mike and Gail Hunters killer SAN. On my last pulls I finally got the hang of it and can see why people love it. So another thanks goes out to the Hunter's. Then to wrap up the day, Mojo's daughter wanted to learn to barefoot off the boom and she darn near had it!!! AMAZINGLY tough gal! The beauty of these gatherings is the great people and the willingness of everybody to let others try new things.

Wish Joel could have set up the course because I knew people wanted to try it, but the late start and cool water (low boat traffic side) was a bit of a bummer. Many people got quality pulls behind the 2000 SN.

RJ, thanks for letting me try some of the Babes. I took the spots off perfectly. You left a bottle of wax at the camper so lets get in touch and even up with the money. As always, great to see your family again.

I obviously can touch on everyone, but it is always fantastic to see the gang together. It is funny to think that after 5 years of these events, there are more little faces joining the CCF family.

As always, a huge thanks goes out the Alan and Dan for hosting the party site each night. The Bounder truly is "the hub" at all the events. We all took a ton of pictures of the parties each night. Hopefully we can get some posted for everyone to see.

Hope everyone made it home safely. Especially our furthest attendee...Joe. It really was a pleasure skiing with you this morning and getting to drink brew around the campfire.

Until next year.....
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
1993 Ski Nautique
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2010 at 10:25pm
A great weekend, despite the night of rain last night. Alan, Todd and Joel, thanks a ton for all the pulls, I sure enjoyed skiing behind three more generations of Ski Nautiques! RJ, thanks for letting me get my driving fix glad you figured out that surf board, next time we'll really nail it.

As always its great to be with the CCF family. Great camaraderie and friendships continue, looking forward to the next event! Thanks again for all the hospitatlity. See you all soon!
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2010 at 6:51pm
I wanna see pics of Moj on the hydrofoil skis.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2010 at 5:00pm
I'll be seeing you guys possibly for a late beer tonight, if not in the water early tomorrow. We decided to stay at in Le Roy, so think I might be heading straight there...

I heard from a good source that we'll have a Hein family sighting along with Brian and Deb this weekend...!!!

Going to be a great time. See you all later...

Moj'

05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

copcraft View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote copcraft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2010 at 2:49pm
Have a great time guys. I was truly planning on coming down Saturday and boating for the day, however now it's not going to happen. I keep saying next year, both to GL and this one. Have a great time, sure wish we could be there....
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2010 at 2:25pm
Depending on how today goes at work, I may not be coming down until Saturday afternoon.
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 5>
  Share Topic