NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Boat - 1980 Martinique

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
Author
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Boat - 1980 Martinique
    Posted: February-06-2018 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

I have a video that he sent me- what it has to do with boats I haven't figured out yet.

I think I would be very wary of opening pictures or videos from CQ...the authorites might be just one step behind.....

But I sure am glad to see this thread back to life. About time we saw this boat and motor back on the water. When did this start...2011?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2018 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

"pictures or it didn't happen."

POIDH
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2018 at 2:24pm
looks ready for engine drop in
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2018 at 1:52pm
I have a video that he sent me- what it has to do with boats I haven't figured out yet. Makes Kristof's bathtub picture look Victorian

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2018 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

5 year hiatus... POIDH

"pictures or it didn't happen."

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2018 at 11:59am
5 year hiatus... POIDH
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2018 at 10:55am
Bumpity Bump

We are back at it. In the words of John Winger "I am pacing myself sergeant"

If I can figure out how to post pics I can update this thread
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2013 at 1:39am
Figured that was the case but I thought I'd bring the thread back to the top to make him feel guilty
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2013 at 1:23am
just talked to CQ last night Chris..he sez the boat is tucked back in the corner of the garage. Gonna get back on it this Fall..

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2013 at 1:02am
Any progress as of late?
kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2013 at 12:57pm
Going to use empty beer cans for floatation instead of foam?
AAM196 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AAM196 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2013 at 12:43pm
I used to love seeing those Martiniques, out on the lake... Classy! Seems they've all been replaced with Cobalt I/Os... nice work and nice boat!

I couldn't help but notice the skate board next to a lot of empty beer cases...
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2013 at 7:43am
Just read this whole thread...
Wow, nice boat and great progress guys!
And cool (and some funny as hell) pictures too.

I always knew CQ and HW are an inseperable team

- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Got Tiques View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Got Tiques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2013 at 11:28pm
Some thing about Hollywood yelling "Quinner, You Suck", and it all comes together now.

Seriously, Great work you guys, I'm jealous!! I need to invite you to a '68 Mustang Bump and Grind.

Todd
nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2013 at 8:33pm
They made a Southwind with the same layout and hull too
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2013 at 7:54pm
I've been somewhat wary of following this thread after the "protruding bump" turned up missing.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2013 at 7:49pm
Pole master seems to have forgotten all those weekends last fall that I worked alone while he watched football at the neighbors (but told me he would be ready to work and also refused to answer my calls or texts).
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2013 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

We should also take a pole

Anybody else just assume this was implied in any Quinner/Hollywood collaboration?
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Waldo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waldo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2013 at 7:37pm
I'll call the hospital and get you guys on the waiting list for the liver transplants you guys are going to need.

Waldo
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2013 at 7:22pm
Came up easy, are you friggin kidding me. A hammer and flat bar / crow bar has been the MVP right behind the shop vac, some areas did come up easier then others, the transitions at the bow and stern have been brutal. Dipchit spent 4 hrs Sat cutting down the craddle which I would wager a dollar may prove to have been unnecessary later, lol.

We should also take a pole, saying "I will be there early tomorrow (sat or sun)" what time would you mean, 7am, 8am, noon, midnight, etc.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2013 at 6:43pm
Once we got down to the pink stuff he was lost.

Tim, you can't see it well in these pics but pretty much exactly under the floor level the glass is like a gray color, even up the sides under where the floor lip was. That peeled right off too with a crowbar. Haven't ground anything yet, just cut and peel.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2013 at 6:36pm
Your dash is actually good looking as opposed to the other. I do dig that huge wrap around lift up rear seat though!

Those boats have such a classic hull and graphic.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2013 at 6:33pm
Good progress... and yup, tear out and grinding sucks big time! Based on the color difference and the ease that the first layer of glass is coming up, it sure seems like your boat had an issue with the original layup. Maybe done in 2 stages, maybe a bad batch of resin, who knows. Getting down to that solid pinky color is definitely a good move.

CQ, you look like a natural with that shop vac. Must be all your hoovering experience.
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2013 at 6:31pm

I think you guys actually got lucky with the way that layer is peeling up, sure it's been a while since Quinners seen virgin ground like that.

It's actually looking pretty good, keep at it.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2013 at 6:27pm
Well on your way to that first tank of gas.
kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2013 at 6:26pm
Looks like a large portion of your budget, was Coor's Light.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2013 at 5:50pm

Seems like in 1980 they didn't quite finalize the dash design. We're "lucky" to have the later one.
1982 model year

1983 model year

So half the hull is now missing one to two layers of the original layup.

A "multi tool" was used to score the glass prior to prying it up. Worked very well.

Evidence of hard work
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2013 at 4:10pm
From the Brochure:

quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2013 at 3:55pm
Doc, not sure what is what there, brochure shows as you describe however these photo's of an (presumably) all original 80' that was for sale a while back match what we have.

Tottally agree, our version looks much better.

How kool was the original interior in these, wow. Ours is way past that but the PO did add real teak where the teak stickers were on the dash and some other spots.

Not as much progress this w/e as last but getting close to completing the tear out....What a giant PITA this phase is.

DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2013 at 3:15pm
Just noticed something very unusual about this Martinique. It has a Riviera style dash instead of the normal Martinique dash.   Which in my opinion is a huge plus. (I've always dis-liked the protruding bump in the center of the Martinique dash)

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
  Share Topic