NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2012 Buckethead Barefoot Race

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
Author
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2012 Buckethead Barefoot Race
    Posted: August-30-2012 at 6:43pm
Here's the Youtube link to the bridge flyer my son (waterskier2007) did after the race.

Buckethead Bridge Flyer
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2012 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by dwcar dwcar wrote:

That gave me a headache just watching!

+1
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
dwcar View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwcar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2012 at 3:59pm
That gave me a headache just watching!
83Ski
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2012 at 3:41pm
Here's a link to a video taken from Pat Felgner's Martinique. It's 2 minutes of face plants. Usually in the race a footer gets tired and lets go. Not here.    Notice the nice water in the beginning.

Kablammo!
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

watrski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watrski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2012 at 3:34pm
Several people have told me they are footing in our figure 8 but signups are light at this point.

Steve.... Can you have 5 in a boat? Mike and I might jump in with you on that one. Not sure if I have anything going that weekend.

Tim
Tubing Sucks.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2012 at 3:33pm
Here's the Facebook link to Endurance Barefooting's page. Check out Steve Keating's post. He's putting it together.

Grand River race
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2012 at 3:29pm
It sounds like we are trying to put together two teams between Burning Soles and Captains Reality for the race in Dunsville Canada (Grand River) on Sept 29th. So far, we have 3 footers, and Brian (Buckethead) has 3. That race has 4-person teams. It's only 17 miles long. I will post a link to the race.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

RIPnSIX View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RIPnSIX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2012 at 3:19pm
anyone footing in any other races?? or tournys?
If you don't fall, you're not trying hard enough.

If it doesn't hurt.. Go Bigger.

Tubing Sucks.
Airgrabber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airgrabber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2012 at 12:38pm
Can't foot anymore I have plantar fasciitis which really aggravates it.( getting to dam old) It's been a few years anyway. I’m good for a few beers though. Where the best place to put the boat in anyway?
Life is good. Work hard! Play Hard!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2012 at 2:00am
This was the water at the start.

'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2012 at 1:36am
More photos. These are from Tim (Waterski)

Tim's Buckethead photos

The smooth water is at the gas stop boat. The rough water was the 5 miles at the start/finish line
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2012 at 1:12am
This is a video of my son, Brendan doing a bridge flyer after the race. It's on Facebook, so I'm not sure if this will work.

Buckethead bridge flyer

He'll have it on Youtube soon.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2012 at 7:04pm
41-42mph
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2012 at 7:03pm
Kap

Funny thing is that the river had the brownish hue that your river often has. There was lots of rain leading up to race day. If you're ever in Ohio mid- August, you are welcome to jump on with one of our teams. But you have to bring along your posse.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2012 at 7:01pm
what was the avg mph of your bfn with that load?
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2012 at 6:58pm
can´t see that last picture...anyway just kidding LOL...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2012 at 6:41pm
BTW, that photo was a few miles into the race. The start was white caps.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2012 at 6:39pm
Here's a link to a picture showing the footing conditions early in the race. The guy in the boat is the namesake of the race, Buckethead. Notice the "glass" behind them.

Buckethead water
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2012 at 5:54pm
nice pictures there! hey come on! that is glasss, need to see where I foot?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2012 at 3:41pm
Almost all the boats have a pulley system. 100' line goes through a climbers ring. There is a ring at both ends of the line to stop the line about 3 feet from the handle. The next footer jumps in about 50 before the boat picks up the fallen footer. The pulley system works great for both footer and driver. As soon as the two rings hit, the driver stabs the throttle.
My son wore a GoPro on his chest. I will post a link once the video is uploaded.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2012 at 3:24pm
Just flipped through some of the pictures. How does it work with the person in the boat holding the other handle? I later a ring that it looks like the line pulleys through?
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2012 at 3:04pm
I was looking for your bald head, didn't see you (maybe you weren't even there). I don't think red beard was around on Sunday, didn't see any of their boats either.

Yeah, the girls killed it. 1st and 2nd ballet scores...
watrski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watrski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2012 at 2:42pm
Hey Hollywood-

Nice ballet hot pickup!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2012 at 1:25pm
I'm not sure if this will work, but here is a Facebook link with some photos taken from the turn boat. This is at the 19 mile point of the race. It's also at the smooth end of the river.

Buckethead photos
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2012 at 1:16pm
Now that's endurance racing.
RIPnSIX View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RIPnSIX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2012 at 1:01pm
That is probably the worst i have scene the river other than the winter months.. First time I've ran the buckethead or any race and my feet are the least sore part of my body.

Congrats to the Burnin' Souls.
If you don't fall, you're not trying hard enough.

If it doesn't hurt.. Go Bigger.

Tubing Sucks.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2012 at 12:39pm
We had our best showing at the Buckethead. 3rd place out of twelve teams. Man. am I glad we had a Barefoot Nautique. The first and last 5 miles of the race were the most brutal I have ever tried to foot in. The wind was coming right down the river, creating white caps at the starting line. There is a boat sitting at the 4 mile mark, indicating where you can start power turning to pick up your fallen footer. Usually most teams can make that point with their first footer. It took us 3 times through our rotation to get to that point. Sorry to report that our Young Gunz team bowed out after just two miles. I won't name names, but one of their team members wouldn't get in the water. They tried to run with only three footers, but it was too much.
Another team, Top Gun, quit with only two miles to go. I'm not sure why,vbecause they usually win, but were way back in the pack when they gave up.
I don't know how the winning team did it, but they won using a Corvette Malibu. Thumbs up to those guys footing through that water behind that flat bottomed boat.
I will post some videos when they get uploaded.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2012 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by watrski watrski wrote:

Guys,

We have a few slots left for our lane bowers clinic on the 17/18. If your interested please drop me an email tim.cochrane@gmail.com

$111 for one session and $185 for two sessions. Must be a usa waterski member to attend.

https://sites.google.com/a/waterskichippewa.com/clwa/clinics/lane-clinic

Tim
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2012 at 11:57am
Originally posted by 86BFN 86BFN wrote:

Steve, How many are on the team? is it your boat or another boat? I might be interested...

I'd probably only be good for 3 or 4 runs.

Steve

Steve

We have a spot on the Young Guns team (though there might be some switching around between our two teams). It is behind Tim's (watrski) boat. I think he is bringing his friend's 196. If you're good for 3 or 4 runs, that's all it takes. Bring your gear and foot.   

Steve
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

86BFN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86BFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2012 at 11:05am
👣 Steve
86 Barefoot Nautique

89 Martinique
Former Owner: 93 Hydrodyne 350 MAG
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
  Share Topic