Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My 4th Correct Craft

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 4>
Author
Dank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My 4th Correct Craft
    Posted: March-14-2013 at 5:59pm
Great looking boat. I redid the teak on mine a couple years ago, but I think it's time to do it again. Here's a pic of my boat's transom if you're interested:

"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me"
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2013 at 11:12pm
Just had back surgery last week, kind of a day by day thing right now. I was hoping to visit Saturday but I don't know.   
-Adam

1973 Skier
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2013 at 12:05pm
Adam, where you been hiding? Are you going to SJRR this year?
'02 Ski Nautique 196 w/ 5.7 Apex bowtie - Sold
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Super Sport Nautique - originally custom built for Walt Meloon
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2013 at 7:55am

Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

I agree with the rest that feel the 2001 should be on the boat.

Well, I for one, didn't see that coming! Shocking!!!
-Adam

1973 Skier
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2013 at 2:41am
Originally posted by Silver15 Silver15 wrote:

The "BFN" looked and ran great today. A real pleasure to drive. Thanks for stopping in!

Thanks for having us! I'll email you guys the ramp info for SJRR and hope to see you there. Either day Friday or Saturday it will be in full swing and lots of fun stuff going on. Call me if you need anything, and if you can't drag your boat up there, just let me know and I'll save some seats.
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2013 at 1:36am
88 sets are done FYI. Already shot Brett an email. They look great. Shot some BFN side decals to Tom lats week to complete his Footer.
Silver15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silver15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2013 at 11:39pm
The "BFN" looked and ran great today. A real pleasure to drive. Thanks for stopping in!
2000 Air/Sport
1978 T16

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2013 at 12:40am
Here's the one HW is looking for. Ha!

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2013 at 12:16am
I could change it to 2100, then it would be ahead of its time again.
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2013 at 11:49pm
If you went with a 1002 you could have left the bacerds decals alone
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2013 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by phatsat67 phatsat67 wrote:

Bret, Just wait untill my guy gets the 88 ski sets done and you will have the correct 88 2001's. do you need the transom too?

Yes Zach, let me know how much it is for everything.
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2013 at 9:00pm
You want one of those for the back of your boat hw??? Haha
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2013 at 8:57pm
Too young for you HW... Needs to be a Cougar instead!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2013 at 8:24pm
If I had a vinyl cutter to play with I'd be very tempted to make these in the same checker pattern.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2013 at 8:17pm
I agree with the rest that feel the 2001 should be on the boat.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2013 at 1:06pm
Bret, Just wait untill my guy gets the 88 ski sets done and you will have the correct 88 2001's. do you need the transom too?
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2013 at 12:38pm
Gotta agree with the above... I'd say its all or nothing on those BFN decals. Would look very strange without the 2001.

The 87-88's are my favorite BFN.

63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2013 at 12:32pm
I'm on the bandwagon too, go with 2001, I always liked that logo anyway.

You could put that boat on a showroom floor and sell it as new, you've done an amazing job on it!
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2013 at 11:10am
Yep, I agree.... You've come this far our young Padawan friend to change directions now. Put the the 2001 decals on it. It'd be like having a Spaghetti dinner with buttered garlic bread then leaving off the garlic. It just ain't right. You'll be happy that you did after the fact, the other 2001 owners will too and even Pete.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
TX Foilhead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Foilhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2013 at 12:43am
The CC sticker is going to look lost in that big space, go with the 2001.   My Excel has CC across the the back in the stripe, outlined letters but not the same as on the side with the clear centers. That's where you should have it say CC.
TX Foilhead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Foilhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2013 at 12:34am
The CC sticker is going to look lost in that big space, go with the 2001.   My Excel has CC across the the back in the stripe, outlined letters but not the same as on the side with the clear centers. That's where you should have it say CC.
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2013 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by fanofccfan fanofccfan wrote:

Looks like a great boat that you made better...... Wish I could ride across lake George in that this march.

Only on one condition, you leave your car keys at the dock.
Come on down, you're always welcome to go for a pull!
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2013 at 11:15pm
Looks like a great boat that you made better...... Wish I could ride across lake George in that this march.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2013 at 11:14pm
Much better
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2013 at 10:14pm
Well, another day of work done in preparation for SJRR '13. I took everyone's advice and swapped the decals. Also took a little extra time today wetsanded out some small scratches that were bothering me and then re-compounded and buffed both sides before putting the new decals on. Came out real nice. I'm really leaning towards putting the old style Correct Craft decal with the globe on it at the stern where the 2001 decals would be. Not a fan of those but it does need something there to fill the void.

'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2013 at 10:51pm
Ordered another set of the '88 BFN decals from White Lake today. They are still on clearance so I figured I might as well while I can. Thanks a lot Tim.....
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2013 at 11:11pm
Brett, he already has correct craft nautique the 2001 done for the regular 85-87 ski graphics. It won't take him to long to duplicate the barefoot maybe a little longer to make the os instead of feet. The color is just as simple as ordering colored vinyl. I need to have him finish the footer ones anyways so I have them availiable for sale.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2013 at 10:38pm
In the meantime, Timmy is too CC smart for his own good!!
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2013 at 10:35pm
Everything happens for a reason, the end result will be better!
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2013 at 9:32pm
Zach, you've got my email, shoot me a pic of them if you don't mind. I will probably be interested in them in the near future. Just got home and measured and there is no height difference on the "B" in Barefoot for the other side decals like I thought there may be. It looked in various pics I searched on the web that it was slightly smaller but it isn't on my set anyway. I'm going to put the other side on and run them as is for now, backwards and all. It's not a big deal for me really, and they aren't the correct 1987 decals to begin with. Tim, I do appreciate you pointing out that they were backwards, I surely wouldn't expect you to hold out on me. Your wealth of knowledge and memory never ceases to amaze me!
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 4>
  Share Topic