NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Maintainance

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
baitkiller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baitkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Maintainance
    Posted: June-03-2018 at 11:17am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Ford oil pans tend to rust through. While it's off go over it carefully,clean and paint if needed. They are getting hard to find here in the states- impossible where your at.

I have an entire can of spray on truck bed liner on my oil pan. I think it was 8 coats LOL..
But its a $280 pan and I run in sea water.
Jesus was a bare-footer.............
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2018 at 10:33am
Just saw that
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2018 at 10:27am
Paul in another thread he has shown pictures,the block has been replaced with an earlier 2 piece one.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2018 at 10:26am
Ford oil pans tend to rust through. While it's off go over it carefully,clean and paint if needed. They are getting hard to find here in the states- impossible where your at.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2018 at 10:24am
If it’s a ‘95 GT-40 you DO NOT have to remove the oil pan, it a one piece
Been there done that
Duane in Indy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Duane in Indy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2018 at 9:55am
Welcome to the group.
If everything seems OK then I would just install the new seals.   Oil pumps are cheap, but seldom wear out. Short of main and rod bearings, then there is not much that you could do. You will probably need to consider a complete rebuild at some time in the future, but if it runs good now then just reseal it and go play.
Keep it as original as YOU want it
        1978 Mustang (modified)
mjgha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjgha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2018 at 9:46am
Hey guys,

To elaborate on my question from yesterday, I have a two piece rear main seal which i have to replace... meaning i have to remove the oil pan.

Im wondering if there any other things i should replace while i have the oil pan removed?

The engine has done around 1200 hours, and still runs perfectly. Its a SN CC GT40 5.8 95.

Thanks!

Ethan
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic