Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Invertaflow - DEBRIS exhaust

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
rwittmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rwittmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Invertaflow - DEBRIS exhaust
    Posted: June-12-2018 at 3:18pm
Thank you very much . Looks like a baffle piece. Like suggested I will check for leaks.

Rene Wittmer
rwittmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rwittmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2018 at 12:34pm
I would say it's the width of the exhaust tube.
Rene Wittmer
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2018 at 12:18pm
If you do a Google search for "correctcraftfan invertaflow" you'll find plenty of threads and some pictures of the internals.

You can decide if that piece looks like some of the internal baffles.in those pictures.

How long is that piece?
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2018 at 12:17pm
It looks like it may be some of the glue/sealer they use. Below is a picture of part of the inside of mine you can see the globs of glue, could be some of that finally came loose. I would keep an eye on it for leaks for awhile
[/IMG]
desertskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2018 at 11:54am
Looks like the baffle from inside the muffler. As long as there aren't any leaks I wouldn't worry about it.
rwittmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rwittmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2018 at 12:08am
Fiberglass
Rene Wittmer
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2018 at 11:50pm
Is it rubber or fiberglass?
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
rwittmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rwittmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2018 at 11:18pm
Hello,
I have a 92 Nautique 196. It has 1340 hours and I have kept my boat in very good condition. Winterized every year by an authorized Correct Craft dealer. When winterizing I always have the engine "Water Ready", so when I launch the boat in the spring its ready to go.
Yesterday I started my engine (So I could clear out the fogging before going to the lake) and started OK but difficult to raise revs. After hitting the throttle a few times it finally rand great. To my surprise I found a exhaust piece which flew out through the exhaust port.

I double checked the Invertaflow exhaust and found NO holes, cracks. Everything looks normal. I can start the engine and seems to sound OK. Please look at the pictures of the piece which flew out of the exhaust. Can someone tell me if I'm good to go?

Thanks to all.
Rene Wittmer
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic