Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Carb intall

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
BaccoBouncer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaccoBouncer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Carb intall
    Posted: August-03-2018 at 8:18pm
How should I deal with this throttle cable placement difference between the EFI and the carb? Is there a standard bracket that will relocate it to the correct position?
'97 21' Sport Nautique

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaccoBouncer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2018 at 3:11pm
Thoughts on loctite for the adapter plate no washer bolts or is it fine with the correct torque
'97 21' Sport Nautique
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2018 at 3:06pm
I used a PCM gasket on each mating surface: between intake and spacer and then between spacer and carb. No vacuum leaks after 3 years...

I got torque specs from the Holley website for carb to intake mounting. You certainly can over-tighten. I used no thread locker nor lock washers. If you feel strongly about it, you could use a stainless steel nut with nylon insert.

JQ
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaccoBouncer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2018 at 1:48pm
I am in the process of swapping my EFI to a holley carb setup. I haven't done this before and just want to make sure I do the details correct. In this pic you can see how I am assembling it. My questions.
Do I only do a paper gasket from carb to adapter plate? i.e. the black rubber spacer/vib isolator doesn't need a gasket on either side?
The allen key bolts in the adapter plate don't have a loc washer? should I loctite them?
Only a lock washer on the carb bolts?
Torques?
Any other tips?

One additional question. The original steel intake manifold had a sheetmetal plate bolted to the underside. The new aluminum one does not. Need that plate? What is it?
Thanks,
Adam
'97 21' Sport Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic