Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Raw water pump identification

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
swilliams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swilliams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Raw water pump identification
    Posted: July-30-2019 at 10:10pm
I will look for the number on the seals I found. Plates could be very hard to find but a tool and die shop could probably fabricate them.
1976 Martinique,350 Omc. 1975 Glastron/Carlson CV16,115 Merc.
800wildcat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 800wildcat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2019 at 12:16am
Found a bearing and impeller, but nothing else so far. Would be nice to find a seal although the old one does not yet leak and it would be really nice to find the steel plates.
swilliams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swilliams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2019 at 11:26pm
Omc. Rebuilt the one I have on the motor now. Seals, impeller and bearing can be found but a lot of cross referencing took place to find them. You will have to make your own gaskets. Best choice would be to invest in a crank mounted pump. I won’t rebuild another one for sure!
1976 Martinique,350 Omc. 1975 Glastron/Carlson CV16,115 Merc.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2019 at 8:13pm
Looks like an old OMC to me too   

Here's some reading in the link below

link

800wildcat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 800wildcat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2019 at 7:41pm
Can anyone help identify this raw water pump and perhaps point towards where to get a rebuild kit for it? Or another pump? Has number 908920 cast into the backside, appears to be an OMC. Came off a '75 SkiTique with a SBC. It's mounted on the lower left side of the engine block when viewed from the front of the engine. Don't know boat's history past about the last 7 years other than the engine was replaced about 6-9 years ago so have no idea if pump is stock. Back plate has a fairly deep gouge and couldn't find key for impeller and metal bushing inside impeller rotates free of impeller, so need a few replacement parts.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic