NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mastercraft Submarine

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
Author
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mastercraft Submarine
    Posted: June-19-2015 at 10:47am
so awesome
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2015 at 12:58am
It's Back Up

Thought it would be fun for all the new kids.

east tx skier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote east tx skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2008 at 5:46pm
I had the registration # written down for that reason as I was unofficially looking for a boat when that video first started making the rounds. I guess I must have thrown it away when I got the Nautique.
1998 Ski Nautique (Red & Silver Cloud); GT-40; Perfect Pass Stargazer; Acme 422.

The2001.com View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The2001.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2008 at 12:07pm
Actually I had this video posted on The Wakeboard Report for some time and had a story for it. The driver even contacted me to give me the full scoop once he found the article.

Months later, the boat turned up for sale on a few MasterCraft enthusiast sites! Oops. I can assume with solid confidence that the video of the boat submerging was adversly affecting his ability to sell it.

So he pulled the video for that reason - not because it is heading for AFV.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2008 at 6:49pm
Its possible they sent it into AFV or another video show and they made them take it off as you have to sign over the rights to the video in all forms in pertuity etc etc..
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Thephantomkaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thephantomkaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2008 at 5:41pm
Nooooo!! They took this off!!
~Michael~
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2007 at 2:56pm
I want to see it too, could'nt pull it up
"the things you own will start to own you"
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2007 at 2:20pm
You can't save videos from YouTube, and who ever originally posted it took it down.
jslow68 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jslow68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2007 at 1:39pm
I too wanted to show a friend who has that exact same mastercraft the video. So If anyone has it let me know.
Thanks!
SeattleFordFan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeattleFordFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2007 at 1:34am
I cant find this video anymore, Did someone save it somewhere? I need a link to it, or something cause I didnt save it anywhere....
Travs

Where there is a will, there is a way, and where there is a way, it usually costs more money.

1980 Ski Nautique
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2007 at 2:24am
boat dr; Gotta agree with you....goin over 50 was a real eye-opener for me. Looked at lots of things differently. Sometimes wonder what I was thinking at times. One reason why I like reading your posts.

Luchog or anyone else: I had the honor and pleasure of a trip to the famous BBC. Every boat in there has a story...even the stars and stripes mc. I had to climb in or on every boat in there. Then the trip is finished with a cold one. A couple hours you won't forget..a tour led by Reid.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Root View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Root Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2007 at 4:01pm
79 Thanks for the instructions and the warning.   Just replaced a broke throttle cable and not shure of the condition of the steering cable.

Think I will just leave that powerslide alone for now.
RootRacing
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2007 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by Root Root wrote:

MM thats some cool motion pics,   I tryed a spin a few times and it seemed like it was pretty hard on the boat.

I dont think I was doing it right though,   ran about 30 and cut real hard and never lifted off the throttle.   

how is it done?    might wana try it once just to see.

your going to slow almost need to be WOT then cut it hard maybe a slight counter steer before turning hard and killing the power then a small burp of the trottle to get the bow back up and not getting soaked.

Also if you don't know the condition of your steering cable then I wouldn't do it unless you have a tow boat close by to tow you in when the cable breaks.
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2007 at 1:05am
Originally posted by MaddMarxx MaddMarxx wrote:

reid..nice video, but wheres all spray? if did that the guys on your dock would be soaked! and when I slowed it down I saw all the chips on the hull and smoke coming out the back!

Dude, you know that's Rodney's boat. I would NEVER do that with my own. But if I did that with your boat, I'd even drown the guys on the next dock over.
PS: I know you didn't see any fiberglass chips and the smoke was coming off the prop.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2007 at 1:01am
Luchog, A number of the older CC's in the warehouse are project boats I've picked up over the years. Others belong to boat buddies from the neighborhood and we all needed a location to store and work on them. So we came up with the BBC as a joke, i.e., Boys Boat Club, complete with a fridge full of beer, stereo, and lots of B.S.. Not so busy in the summer, but it's a neat hangout in the cooler, non-boating winter evenings here in the Carolinas.

The boat inside the trailer got me too, right in the butt. Looks and works better in theory, but I'm not giving up yet. I need to simplify it somewhat so just my wife and I can negotiate it. Thx.   
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2007 at 8:44pm
Reidp, I went through your photobucket, who owns all those boats in the warehouse??

Also, the boat inside the trailer got me, so cool!!!!
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2007 at 8:02pm
That is an amazing video (submarine). On of the comments below the vid is from the driver who said it was clearly an accident and he did not mean to do it. It just seems the boat dove for no reason. Wow.
Root View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Root Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2007 at 7:49pm
MM thats some cool motion pics,   I tryed a spin a few times and it seemed like it was pretty hard on the boat.

I dont think I was doing it right though,   ran about 30 and cut real hard and never lifted off the throttle.   

how is it done?    might wana try it once just to see.
RootRacing
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2007 at 7:47pm
reid..nice video, but wheres all spray? if did that the guys on your dock would be soaked! and when I slowed it down I saw all the chips on the hull and smoke coming out the back!
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2007 at 6:44pm
Yeah- airborne and skipping sideways was pretty extreme!

Larry- It's always more of a rush in the passenger seat since you're not the one in control
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2007 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

I have to say that Jeff's powerturns were more extreme than the ones posted so far, though.

I would guess that is true Tim, but on the other hand, being in the front seat at the time probably gives you a slightly different perspective than watching from the safe distance from which these videos and photos were shot    
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2007 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by MaddMarxx MaddMarxx wrote:

The art of the power turn!

Looks like MM, Reid and Jeff Kostis should get together and write a how-to article! I know at least one guy who would benefit from reading it.

I have to say that Jeff's powerturns were more extreme than the ones posted so far, though. I could tell it was a good one when I turned around at the finish and saw a wake coming from the nose of the boat.
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2007 at 5:51pm
Yeah, that's the one Reid, spin/slide/180 or whatever we will call it. And on doing the power turn to the right, which swings the rear to the left, you're fighting the prop rotation. That's why the left turn seems easier and quicker.
Tim D
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2007 at 5:47pm
After watching those spins and side slides, my kids think it's a good idea to remove the fins.
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2007 at 5:43pm
Billy, you're getting philosophical in your older years. And not that the subjects are related, but Tim's a great and safe driver. He reiterated the need to tell riders to hold on, but admittedly, half the fun is the reaction from the soaking. As for the gas line, well, I've got the same set up including filter, AND I will change it very soon. I was not aware of the "outboards only" detail which Pete posted. You're right though, we must continue to learn.

Originally posted by Tim D Tim D wrote:

I see Mark prefers power turns to the right, I prefer to do them to the left. With a passenger in the front, and no one in the back, my little boat will pull the prop out of the water every time. It seems to me the boat spins faster to the left. Could it be prop rotation? And yes, tell virgin riders to hold on before the turn. It's so funny to watch their expressions when the water slaps in on them.

Reid, a perfect time for a repost of your spin video.

As for spin direction, I prefer the left spin also, and according to my book on props, a RH prop pushes the stern to the right when going forward probably aiding a left turn spin moreso.

As for the spin video, you mean this one? Looking back it's not a really good spin, but the only one I had on video. It bounced a little once while coming around instead of raising the stern and whipping in one motion.

ReidP
1973 Mustang

boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2007 at 2:31pm
Tim, at the ripe old age of 53,I will say the last ten years have been the most difficult.
Pride and ego were the biggest hurdles to clear,if these are kept in balance,I will remain teachable.With this I will be of best service and use to my fellow man.
I hope my growth continues at the rapid pace it has encountered at the half century mark........best wishes on your journey............billy
SkiBum View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkiBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2007 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by 2_Nautiques 2_Nautiques wrote:

Isn't this boat on Ebay, "slightly used promo boat"

I was gonna buy that boat
Bill
http://www.freewebs.com/billsboatworks
www.freewebs.com/billsboatworks 1987 SN Rebuild Project
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2007 at 2:12pm
What are you talking about? and you're only 10 years older than me.
Tim D
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2007 at 1:58pm
Tim, this seals the issue with you.Passenger safety is at the bottom of your list ....
Youth is wasted on the young....
Wisdom on the old.........
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2007 at 1:14pm
I see Mark prefers power turns to the right, I prefer to do them to the left. With a passenger in the front, and no one in the back, my little boat will pull the prop out of the water every time. It seems to me the boat spins faster to the left. Could it be prop rotation? And yes, tell virgin riders to hold on before the turn. It's so funny to watch their expressions when the water slaps in on them.

Reid, a perfect time for a repost of your spin video.
Tim D
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
  Share Topic