NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Winterizing Question

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 678
Author
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2009 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by WakeSlayer WakeSlayer wrote:

No, just child rearing.

ROFLOL!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
WhiteLakeSkier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhiteLakeSkier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2009 at 8:30pm
On foam removal, It appears people have a difficult time removing it. What about using something such as MEK to dissolve it and then just vacuum it up? Turning it to goo may be more trouble though than hacking away at it
WakeSlayer View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2009 at 8:43pm
I guess I would love to see an alternative to chiseling it out. If you did melt it away, I wonder what it would do to all the nasty mold and such in there. It took me the better part of three nights (with a couple beer breaks) and 15 medium lawnbags. I still have a couple hours of whittling the little stuff out, but the really messy stuff is done.
Mike N

1968 Mustang

Brady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2009 at 9:28pm
I don't think it would be a good idea to spread that much MEK around, not good stuff to work around!
Charlie
Three Lakes, Wisconsin
69 Barracuda
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2009 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by WhiteLakeSkier WhiteLakeSkier wrote:

What about using something such as MEK to dissolve it and then just vacuum it up? Turning it to goo may be more trouble though than hacking away at it

The permissible exposure limit is only 200PPM so not the greatest stuff to breath. That's not the worst part - it's flash point is only 21*F. Then, what do you do with the "goo"? We've already talked about AF disposal issues!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
SRB85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SRB85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2009 at 11:22pm
Everyone,
I got two beers down and I am only on page 4 of this thread. Wife and daughters are out east on vacation so I am on the web - pg websites only.
I may have to restock the fridge if I want to continue.

Thanks to all for staying in character!

SRB
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2009 at 11:39am
you cant fool me with the PG websites, dont overdue it
"the things you own will start to own you"
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2009 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by Fl Inboards Fl Inboards wrote:

Originally posted by SN206 SN206 wrote:

Sadly enough, have not used it in a month, should I still not worry about it, and is there any ethonal-free gas in FL?

Sadly enough just about everything around here is aat least 10% Ethanol. Before you put it up for the winter use Valvtect Ethanol Gasoline treatment. Should also use it through out the season.
Check out the web site, good stuff! http://www.valvtect.com/

We can still get ethonal-free up here and is found at alot of the marinas. I have been fortunate not to have had to use ethonal since I've had the 206, but was asking about FL because I was planning on coming down to St. John's.
...those who have fallen and those who will.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 678
  Share Topic