NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1974-351 windsor intake

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
Author
hotboat View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2010 at 2:25am
boats are about what the owner likes and wants, if you sell it then the next person can make their own call. Until then make yourself happy
Brian
Cslaten33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cslaten33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2010 at 2:35am
Thats what I thought. It seems that some of my ideas catch alot of flack from several people on here for the newer style of upgrades.

Thanks Clark Slaten
Thanks Clark Slaten
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2010 at 9:31am
Clark,
Yes you can do any upgrades you want. It is your boat as stated but converting to fuel injection can be tricky. Some have tried, failed and went back to a carb.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2010 at 12:24pm
...and while EFI will make your boat start nicer (especially cold) it will do little, if anything, for your throttle response. Replacing a simple, cheap system (carb) with an expensive, complex one (EFI) will gain you no performance benefit, either. You might just want to learn to tune what you have before throwing money at a problem!
Cslaten33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cslaten33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2010 at 4:49pm
Where can I find threads where people have tried to make the switch from carb. the fuel injected?
Thanks Clark Slaten
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2010 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by Cslaten33 Cslaten33 wrote:

Where can I find threads where people have tried to make the switch from carb. the fuel injected?

By doing a search but since it seems you haven't been using the feature for any other issues, here's some help: injection thread

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
hotboat View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2010 at 5:05pm
Brian
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2010 at 1:02am
Originally posted by Cslaten33 Cslaten33 wrote:

It seems that some of my ideas catch alot of flack from several people on here for the newer style of upgrades.

Nothing wrong with thinking about new ideas,but if the Boat Doctor, JoeinNY,or TRBenj or ReidP haven't done it,you either don't need it or it don't work   
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2010 at 3:39am
Yes Clark some are the type where original is the only correct way and there is nothing wrong with that, probably the best route for anyone who is looking to sell thier boat someday. Some of us, get a little more out there. Somethings are pretty universal like the fact that correctcrafts with very few exceptions should turn right hand props. I have screwed that up unknowingly myself. Fuel injection vs carb.. well for performance only it is a tough sell.. but there is a throttle body injected chrysler around that scoots along pretty good. Of course there are a bunch carbed boats that dont do too bad either. If it is something you have to have dont be discouraged, but if your simply looking or a really quick responding good running boat, then yep thats probably cheaper and more easily achieved with a carb. I am going to launch into a rebuild and upgrade of a fuel injected boat this year, I could just drop a known setup in using parts I already own and I probably would if this was my only boat but since it's a hobby for me I will see what it takes to upgrade the EFI system. At the end of the day its your boat and you can do whatever you want with it, the beauty of this site is if what you say your are going to do wont get you to what you say you want or if there is an easier way noone will be afraid to let you know.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Cslaten33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cslaten33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2010 at 2:04pm
JoeinNY: Thanks for the advise. I really apreciate it.

Thanks Clark Slaten
Thanks Clark Slaten
ripster92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripster92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2010 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

The beauty of this site is if what you say your are going to do wont get you to what you say you want or if there is an easier way noone will be afraid to let you know.

Yep... That's the good part about this site?!?!

J/K of course...
1992 SN Black w/ Yellow
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
  Share Topic