Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

’79 Nautique Horsepower

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
katie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2006 at 8:53pm
This just keeps getting interesting! I contacted all of the "right" people, and turns out my boat has actually been "grandfathered in", since my grandmother was one of the first property owners on the lake. Boats weren't restricted, or required to be registered until the early-mid 90's. Since our boat was up there before... we're safe. Why we got the letter in the first place, I'll never know. Maybe someone was just trying to flex some muscle. Maybe they didn't realize I was going to jump on this to make sure we could still use our boat. Who knows!

Stang72, the lake is about an hour outside of Baton Rouge, La- very beautiful! I don't run the boat any faster than I do pulling a skiier... I'm in no hurry! (I don't have the fear someone else will catch MY fish!) Typically when we're not skiing we're over the BBQ pit or sipping on a vodka tonic watching the sunset.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2006 at 4:22am
Katie it should be gin and tonic and what are you BBQ'n, rib's, brisket, shoulder, whole hog, or rib roast? hickory, apple, cherry or misquite wood?
Jim_In_Houston View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim_In_Houston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2006 at 7:20pm
Probably Crawfish. Or like they call 'em up North, Crawdads.
Happy owner of a '66 and a '68 Mustang
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2006 at 7:51pm
Now this post is goin' the way jbear likes'em. None of this confusing tech stuff, just BBq and cold ones. AHHHHHHHHHH...

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2006 at 12:56pm
Katie...glad to hear that worry is over...now hop that engine up as big as you can without sinking the boat! Oh ...and do ever sell it!

It does make you now aware that being involved and having a voice in your association is better than dealing with things after someone else has decided something...yes, do have some involment!

BBQ and Vodka tonic... Expect to get a call from jbear informing you that he and the miss's are on the way over! Send them up here next!
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2006 at 3:32pm
Stang: I am on my way to meet you eventually. Anyone who has an album of old pics that look just like lots of mine, well I gotta meet that guy.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2006 at 4:04pm
I am looking forward to the day...your place or mine...or or or Green Lake!
stang

The Super Air

katie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2006 at 5:29pm
I got a phone call from AWSA! They sent me a listing of all approved "tow" boats- so I'm going to make a big to-do over the list at the next meeting, in the fall. I have got to get it through to these people horsepower isn't bad...

Crawfish will be boiling next weekend! We typically grill anything that walks or swims. We're doing venison burgers tonight and salmon on a cedar plank tomorrow night. Anyone ever heard of the Prop Stop on the Tickfaw River? You can get a great "worm bucket" there: Rum, pineapple juice, splash of oj, grenadine, splash of sprite and a gummy worm, of course. These are so good, they're like candy! The best umbrella drink ever :)

Work is killing me today! I need to be on the water! I feel like I know all of you now... if you care to reply, where are you from?

bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2006 at 6:08pm
Katie,

Check out the thread, "where do you hang your hat." Just about everyone has listed there home digs. BKH
Livin' the Dream

stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2006 at 1:53am
Katie...sounds like your livin the good life!
Grillin and bevs!!!
We are in central IL...we take a few trips each summer...puddle jumping. Get to see a lot of beautiful lakes that way! We head North for a month to a splendid Minn lake where we have cabins right on the beached water front! Lots of grillin, winery trips...and all the foofoo drinks you can stand it's a good life!
stang

The Super Air

79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2006 at 2:43am
foo foo drinks???

just want to clearify, we are on the same wave length, then again maybe not........

Frozen fruity mixtures or blends of ice, bacardi, cobo wabo, vodka, fruit and juice to taste and a splash of color for presentation????

or are those belly shots off of the hotties???
64 Skier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2006 at 3:17am
Katie...what a small world. I was gonna post a while back and tell this story, but now I have to since you mention Baton Rouge!

I was starting my Ford 289 one morning just to warm her up. I lowered the boat into the water but the exhaust was not completley covered. Pretty loud running like this so I was walking to the controls to lower the boat a little more when I saw two friends fishing. Both are from Baton Rouge!

So anyway, this little 289 which is way over "Stock" is runing at about 1500 rpm's and sounds like two Harleys trying to make love to a Mercury Outboard when one of the guy's catches about a 4 lb Bass under the pier about 10 feet from the boat! They caught 3 fish in about so many minutes.

I have a place on Lake Bruin north of Baton Rouge. Learned to ski on the Tchefuncte River.

64 Skier
66" HO VTX and 67" HO Triumph
71CC
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2006 at 9:29am
79...foo foo drinks...yep those are the fruity things, beach punch , blender drinks & anything with an unbrella...the more fruit and decorations the more foo foo it is. Belly shots...well those are just belly shots right...but they could be foo foo belly shots I suppose!
stang

The Super Air

gigem75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gigem75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2006 at 11:39am
We are on a private lake in E. Texas, all this talk of beverages and food is driving me crazy, mudbugs this weekend! Get involved in your association is the best advise I can give but it sounds like you have it worked out. Good luck!
katie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2006 at 6:04pm
64 Skier- I do know where "your" lake is, but I've never visited. I learned how to ski on False River... I'm sure you know where that is, in New Roads, La. It wasn't quite as crowded then as it is now.

I haven't heard a word from anyone on the board since my last (very nice) conversation. I'm still waiting to get my letter from AWSA, then I'll be back at the battle.

No fruity umbrella drinks, cold beers or slaloms this weekend-- baby showers and graduations. Is it 5:00 yet???

Take a round on a ski for me!   
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic