NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mustang teak edition

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
Author
jonas View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2010 at 7:42pm
Tanks for the comment Pete

I'v been waiting to hear from you...

I have a few things to add...

The stringers are glassed over I forgot to take pic's of all of the glas process. They have 4 layers in the front and 3 in the back (from the engine and back).
The pic's i have off the glassed in stringers are taken half way done.

My main stringers are made 34 mm. taller than original to make the storage room in front of engine bigger. this gives some extra strengt to make up for some the strengt lost in ply. They are also 3 mm wider.

All of this said i know that i probaly don't have the same strengt as the many other rebuilds here.

The vents in the doghouse are for ventilating the engine i dont have tubes running under the floor.

The gray area in the foto is for storage and the black tube it for wire.
jonas View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2010 at 8:14pm
Waterdog
It is a threaded rod wiht a T at the end set in epoxy in the stringer.
The mounts are held by nuts. all stainless steel.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2010 at 8:17pm
Jonas,
Got it now and yes, you're better off than I originally thought. I'm glad to hear that the ply was glassed.

What did you use for foam? Is it out of a aerosol can?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2010 at 8:26pm
Aqua-Art Your a true craftsman.
- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

jonas View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2010 at 7:46pm
The foam is out of cans... i do a lot af construction so I get them very cheap....
jonas View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2011 at 5:36pm
So it's a new year and i'm starting on some of the projects on the boat...

I have a list of:
1 new dashboard
2 make a plate to cover the gas tank
3 install led light's under the swimplatform and under the sides on the inside of the boat.
4 put on a tower...

I hope to get some of this done before the season start.

I startet on the dash install this week...

I made the new dash out of teak last week so now it's down to getting it to fit.

Test fitting

Startet on casting the rise to make space for the gauges...

connorssons View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connorssons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2011 at 11:57pm
Are you going to cut out dash where wood dont cover?
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2011 at 12:00am
I see the case of coke, but you are suppose to use a case of beer as dead weight. Please reconsider the tower idea. I love the floor in your boat.

Donald
Ranger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2011 at 12:39am
Very Impressive Work.

Thanks for posting!

Jeff
jonas View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2011 at 6:12pm
Made some progress today.

I startet out with 7 layers of glass and then bondo for the rest of the shape.
The bondo is not the regular it's made to bond to fiberglass and have fibers in it.

first layer

I put the dash in to make the curves fit

second layer

Donald:
I'm not sure what to do with the tower yet. I like the idea of having the space for speakers, lights, wakeboard's and having a good place to mount the rope. but I also like the clean look of not having the tower...

And my beer is not a good deadwight because it's not in the case long anough
jonas View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2011 at 5:42pm
more pics...

ky82sn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ky82sn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2011 at 6:41pm
what an awesome job on the woodwork. Do you remember the name brand of the canned foam u used between stringers?
1982 ski nautique
1966 Al Tyll Skier
jonas View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2011 at 7:16pm
The foam is from www.sika.com it's sikaboom-g
jonas View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2011 at 6:45am
some pic's

I will be working on it all weekend so I hope to see some progress....
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2011 at 10:07am
great skills
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343
2017 Boatmate Tandem Axle Trailer

Former CC owner (77, 80, 95, 88, all SNs)

Former Malibu owner (07, 09)
jonas View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2011 at 4:24pm
Tanks Steve

Here are the progresss for the weekend

I also did a lot of the wires....
jonas View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2011 at 4:39pm

critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2011 at 5:56pm
Wow !!! That looks nice...
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
jonas View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2011 at 5:07pm
So I am getting closer to ready for the water...

Got the trailer paintet and assembled, just need to find some alloy's for it.

put on some custom vinyl

I also replaced the shaft paking with a oj dripless and repaked the rudder.
Did a full service on motor while it was out and replaced the rwp.

alignment done after the video from here piece of cake...
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2011 at 5:12pm
I love the script on the transom and the pony graphic on the side. Truly a custom job.
"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2011 at 7:21pm

nice job sir!!!
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2011 at 7:37pm
Wow!! is all I can say
uk1979 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uk1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2011 at 10:31am
Great work there, tell us more about what you have you used?

Roger.
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN
jonas View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2011 at 3:10pm
Well the trailer is an brenderup from 2009.

All the welds are tig and weldet all the way round to prevent rust from the salty waters i go in...

I got it paintet at an local industrial painter we use at work. He did it reel good for little money.

I'm on the lookout for an elektric winch for it but I cant seam to find one in all stainles for a reasonable price.

I also have to figure out a way to get some 5 bolt mercedes weels on to the 4 bolt hubs so that they match the ones on the car.

The vinyl on the boat was designed by my brother cut by a local sign shop and I stuck them on...

I made a panel to cover the gas tank area.

Then some more bling bling...

I got a hold of these led lights so i routet a groove in the side panels and viola!

Then I installed a sissy handle for the passenger side because i got tired of people falling all over the place when i'm driving

Got the better half involved to she's making some nice leather for the steering wheel.

jonas View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2011 at 3:54pm
Was out on the water yesterday took some more photos and some film to...

It was a great day out but no skiing or boarding because I have no where to pull from! I'll have to get startet on either a tower or a tall pylon with board racks.

Jump the gun to get ahead...

Mustang
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2011 at 4:31pm
<golf clap> well done sir.

Even that dash wire job gave me a chubby.
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
jonas View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2011 at 5:09pm
Tank you

It's not something that people notice when installed so it's good that some one other than me got some pleasure out of it

I like working with elektrics and it's nice to do it your self so that you now exactly where all the wires go and how it works.
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2011 at 5:15pm
Great pics! I know that thing is a real head turner over there! Beautiful finished product.
"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
jonas View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2011 at 6:41pm
Tank's
I do get a lot of compliments and a lot of fists and head shaking from the sailboats... they just don't get the V8 thing
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2011 at 6:44pm
one of the nicest, classiest, non-correct, Correct Crafts I've seen!   
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
  Share Topic