NautiqueParts.com2025 Calendar Photos
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SNOW

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 5>
Author
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SNOW
    Posted: February-01-2011 at 12:42pm
Well, our new CEO must not like driving in bad winter conditions. He's shutting down the plant today after first shift and then starting up again on Thursday morning. This is the first time we've ever shut down due to snow. I've got to ask him if he used to live down in Florida with John as a neighbor!!

The snow amounts aren't that much but the wind is what may create the problems.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2011 at 1:27pm
Better to have snow than the 2" of ice we're supposed to get here....
Enjoy the day off.
Craig
67 SN
73 SN
99 Sport
85SN
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2011 at 1:43pm
Same here Pete, I forward our calls to the home phone and we can all log on to our office network from home so it look's like we'll be working from the kitchen table wednesday. The snow drifts coming off of those flat fields is going to be incredible. I can guarantee you my 25 mile ride home tonight will take me a minimum of 2.5 hours.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2011 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

look's like we'll be working from the kitchen table wednesday.

Alan,
The phone and computer needs to be move to the garage!! Hook up a strobe light on the phone so when the router is running you won't worry about hearing it ring.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2011 at 2:01pm
Okay....So can we southerners start giving you guys a hard time now?
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2011 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

Remember now, this is a snow day, I'm really looking forward to the coffee breaks!!!
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2011 at 2:11pm
Bite me Tim, and drive up to deal with this "madness" that is going to happen tonight hahaha....

Never thought I'd actually hear the weather guys predict the worst storm in Chicago history....

Picked up enough beer and pretzels. Although still at work through the day, I don't see us being here tomorrow. That is if I can get home. Last time it snowed 6 " during the day it took me 4 hours to drive 24 miles...

Hope everyones power stays on !!!! Going to be a hell of a ride come tomorrow...

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2011 at 2:11pm
we were spared with only 6 inches yesterday, but it is getting windy and cold. I have never seen so many cars in the ditches. For some reason it is way more slippery than it looks.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2011 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by Mojo Mojo wrote:

Bite me Tim, and drive up to deal with this "madness" that is going to happen tonight hahaha....Moj'

I love you too Mojo!

Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

I have never seen so many cars in the ditches. For some reason it is way more slippery than it looks.

NOW you know what it's like when we get 2 inches of sleet and ice here in Atlanta..

"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2011 at 2:19pm
Tim,
At least we have a airport that can handle it!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2011 at 2:20pm
If you're refering to the storm that hits us and is now headed to the northeast. All I can say is hold on to your hats! 14 degrees with a wind 35-40!
...those who have fallen and those who will.
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2011 at 3:00pm

I've got to pick up extra beer and wine on my way to snowboarding tonight. This is going to be a wild one. We're getting predictions of 10-15" by the end of tomorrow, but I think the wind is going to stack the snow up tall. Already got fuel cans filled, fired up the generator last night, have two more gen-sets ready. I brought my bulldozer inside for the first time in years, to ready it for pushing snow. 11' blade is on the backhoe, and the F350 plow truck is fueled up. One of my guys is excited for the fact that he's gets to ride his snowmobile in to work tomorrow. We gave everyone the option to stay home.
This is going to be fun.
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Behl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Behl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2011 at 3:18pm
We in Indy are going to get hit with the second round of ice this afternoon continuing thru the nite, the winds are going to pick-up, and tomorrow nites low temp drops to 4 to 6. I'm ready for July. As some would say, "you have one day less of winter".
Steve in Indy

Redone 1977 Ski Tique
C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2011 at 3:28pm
Can't wait to see what happens when all the trees and power lines get weighted down with the ice, then the 30-40mph winds come in.

Craig
67 SN
73 SN
99 Sport
85SN
Okie Boarder View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2011 at 3:45pm
Yup, pretty nasty here in OK and headed your way (midwest and east). We have anywhere from 5-10" in the OKC area. It's 9 degrees at my house right now and the wind is blowing the snow pretty good. We have a lot of white out type conditions and tons of deep drifts. I've got a couple 2-3' drifts in my yard. I've heard of some around the city of 5-6'. I hope Chicago gets a lighter blow then they're predicting.

We're supposed to be in the single digit and teens for a couple days with no relief from the wind. The kids may be out of school for a couple days.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2011 at 4:13pm

Originally posted by Mojo Mojo wrote:

Bite me Tim, and drive up to deal with this "madness" that is going to happen tonight hahaha....Moj'

I love you too Mojo!

Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

I have never seen so many cars in the ditches. For some reason it is way more slippery than it looks.

NOW you know what it's like when we get 2 inches of sleet and ice here in Atlanta..

Hahahaha,,, yeah you guys can't handle it for a reason.. We're built to handle it but a predicted 24+ inches, ahh umm, It's going to be a riot, and not the fun kind...

Well, the kids will love it when it's done and the zub zero temps pass...

We live in the North for what reason????

Hope the power stays on, that's again all I'm worried about..

Hang in there all !!!
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2011 at 4:23pm
We're looking at 3-6" today and 14-20" tomorrow. The whole state is going to get it so the skiing will be great this weekend. It's been cold so our lake froze for the first time in two years. This is turning out to be a great winter! If you're going to live here you got to learn to like it.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2011 at 4:32pm
Speaking of kids out in the snow, I got a kick out of the Tribune's front page article on Monday. It was concerning at what temp schools don't allow the kids outside for recess. They had a map of the US with various locations on it. I think it was Atlanta that reported they don't allow the kid's out when the temp hits 30 degrees. Then there was a Minnesota school as well as one in Alaska that said the temp had to be below -20!!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2011 at 4:49pm
My grandparents on one side moved south...the others were already here.
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
75 stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2011 at 5:10pm
The first round of snow is pretty much a let down, you could probably get stuck in a camaro if you tired, hopefully the next batch is a little more serious. Got my cans filled, plows mounted, dozer and hoe fueled and fresh gallon of high octane southern comfort. I use the generator on the motorhome for power out emergencies, 50 gallon tank that way Bring it on! they are calling for 8-15" after 5 tonight, we are in the nw corner of ohio between chicago and detroit. The plan is to follow the storm east friday morning and get some boarding in this weekend... then back to work on the boat.
Take your work seriously, not yourself.
Boat Pics
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2011 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by 75 stang 75 stang wrote:

The plan is to follow the storm east friday morning and get some boarding in this weekend... then back to work on the boat.

Where are you going to do your boarding? We are 3 miles from Alpine Valley. Let me know if you're heading this way.
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

75 stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2011 at 5:54pm
Went North last weekend to Kzoo (bittersweet), This time we are going to go across the lake to Holiday Valley. I have not been up to alpine with the boys, we used to go there and mt. holly fairly regularly.
Take your work seriously, not yourself.
Boat Pics
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2011 at 7:53pm
They called the 8" we got today practice for the storm you guys are seeing today. We are promised some ice to to go with the 3-5' we have presently on the ground. Parking lots are getting smaller. Better fill the bath tub and go get some milk eggs, bread and a new shovel!

picnic table on deck last week

Same table this week
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2011 at 7:55pm
Ready for tommorrow

connorssons View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connorssons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2011 at 8:40pm
In southern Mi, its hitting us now. going to get 10 to 15 inches overnight, the power company is gearing us up to head south to the ice
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2011 at 9:43pm
   Anyone who has to "go get beer" to survive a storm is simply unprepared. You should have enough on hand at all times to survive any lengthy catastrophe. I am ashamed of you guys. Rookies......

Mike

Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2011 at 10:25pm
I am watching the weather report out of the Quad cities as I write this...... we are on the northern edge of the 13" to 18" snow band. 35 to 45 mph winds.... gusts to 50 ..... 4 to 6 foot drifts..

YYeeeeeehhhhhh Haaaaaawwwww!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
86BFN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86BFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2011 at 11:10pm
Mostly freezing Rain      Mixed with blowing snow.
Love the snow, hold the Ice please.

Update 8:40, It's mostly snow now! No end in site.
👣 Steve
86 Barefoot Nautique

89 Martinique
Former Owner: 93 Hydrodyne 350 MAG
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2011 at 11:47pm
We got off 15 minutes early today. Some garages were warned to show up on time tommorow no excuses.Heard this afternoon Edison guys were told to stay home unless it turns into an emergency,then they will be called. I'm ready to go in just to see whats happening.Back in the old Bell days they would team the repairmen and installers up,and the line gang would chauffeur the operators around.So we will see,we have not had anything like this in awhile.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
horkn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horkn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2011 at 11:52pm
I'm staying home tomorrow. My company technically has not called in and closed for tomorrow, but barely anyone is actually going to show up. Of the 400+ people, I'd be shocked if 50 people showed up. None of materials management is coming in. That's, purchasing, all of engineering, and planning , and its management. I imagine a few folks in customer service will show up, because if our machines go down, no new beer is made. That could send the nation into a frenzy. LOL
78 martinique- refloored, reinforced, stringers re glassed, re engineered interior
GT40P heads Edelbrock Performer intake acme 4 blade
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/horkn/fish/nautique.jpg
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 5>
  Share Topic