NautiqueParts.com2025 Calendar Photos
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SNOW

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 5>
Author
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2011 at 12:14am
OK-- I want proof-- Send those PICS!!!!
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2011 at 12:26am
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2011 at 1:33am
Originally posted by 05 210 05 210 wrote:

Anyone who has to "go get beer" to survive a storm is simply unprepared. You should have enough on hand at all times to survive any lengthy catastrophe. I am ashamed of you guys. Rookies......

Mike

Mike your right, I'm ashamed that I mentioned needing to pick up beer. My worry is that my keg might be near empty, with only a case+ back up.
This is a pick from the top of the hill tonight. Snowboarding was good, until the snow started blowing UP the hill. When that started, we sought refuge in the nearby watering hole. Sorry about the quality, it was taken with my Crackberry.

Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2011 at 1:44am
These are my snowboarding pals. From the left, my wife, my buddy and his wife and daughter. It was fricken freezing Mr Bigglesworth.

'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2011 at 1:57am

Anyone who has to "go get beer" to survive a storm is simply unprepared. You should have enough on hand at all times to survive any lengthy catastrophe. I am ashamed of you guys. Rookies......

Mike

Does Southern Comfort - straight up - count?

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2011 at 2:05am
you are a sick man tull...even the picture looks cold.

Gary; Sounds like fun times. Do miss the excitment of these kinds of days. "warned" to show up on time...lol...these bosses these days. Maybe its best I am gone.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2011 at 2:46am
If I have the choice to:
Live in the south and visit the north or
live in the north and visit the south,
I've done both, and I definately prefer option A.
Canadian by birth, Southern by the Grace of God...
-Adam

1973 Skier
horkn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horkn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2011 at 3:06am
Adamt, I definitely prefer the other option. Once it gets 100 degrees, you can do nothing but sit in the A/C house or car and that's it. Once down to swimwear, you can't shed anything else to get comfortable. In the north, you simply put more clothes on in winter. Granted, yes, the blizzard we are having now is a bit extreme, and we only go out to attempt to clear the driveway, and let the dogs out, or run for booze, but even then, those days are very few and far between.

Last weekend I put a couple hundred miles on the snowmobiles and had a great time in 10-20 degree temps.
78 martinique- refloored, reinforced, stringers re glassed, re engineered interior
GT40P heads Edelbrock Performer intake acme 4 blade
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/horkn/fish/nautique.jpg
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2011 at 4:22am
Marty,
is this proof enough?

my son posted this on facebook... (hope it works) took him over half an hour to plow enough of his drive just to get the truck in his shop!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2011 at 4:32am
Here is a video of the Inside of his shop!!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2011 at 11:33am
5 freakin inches. Storm of the century my arss. Not here in SE Michigan. Our roads were pretty decent on my way in to work at 5:30am (decent with 4 wheel drive). The one issue is the drifting. It took my bulldozer to clear a few 2-3' drifts.
Going to have some fun after work. The question is, snowboarding or Quads? I love the winter.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

75 stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2011 at 11:42am
I'm jealous Tull! always wanted to ride out a big storm on the hill. Wind was killer last night though, I drive like an idiot and I was down to 20 last night on the way home due to lack of visibility, turned into the wind and could not see any more. I was rather disapointed when i got up from my nap and saw we did not get anything close to what they called for. found a couple drifts to the hood on my 79 150, rides on 35" tires and a 4" lift. I do have fun playing in the snow though. took a break while im in the shop replacing a hose I blew this morning.

PS beer is for lightweights, Gallons of southern take up less space...

Remember, snow is like sex, you never know how much your going to get or how long its going to last.
Take your work seriously, not yourself.
Boat Pics
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2011 at 12:05pm
Tull and Stang don't give up on the storm yet, we're 200 miles west of you and it's still snowing and blowing pretty good.

Hard to tell how much is on the ground because of the drifting.

View out the back window of the house.

Had to clear a path so the dogs could take care of business but we won't start clearing up until the wind dies later today.

Drifts are crazy, one side of the car you can open the door and climb in and the other side the snow is over the roof.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
75 stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2011 at 1:52pm

Just went home a plowed the wife out, 3' drift in front of her garage really put the ol 78 to work. I need to take the hoe home tonight and do some pushin'. Time for the bigger hammer.
Boat Pics
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2011 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by 62 wood 62 wood wrote:

Does Southern Comfort - straight up - count?

It does if you have a back-up. One bottle doesn't constitute a sufficient quantity unless it is an unopened gallon.

I drink Crown, and normally have 3-4 bottles at all times. Never know when you may need it

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2011 at 2:24pm
Nice rig Stang

I drink Crown, normally 3-4 bottles at all times.

Mike

'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2011 at 2:59pm
We got clobbered here in Lake County. Clobbered. Had a nice Lake Effect 2ndary blizzard this morning.

2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2011 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by 75 stang 75 stang wrote:

Just went home a plowed the wife out, 3' drift in front of her garage really put the ol 78 to work. I need to take the hoe home tonight and do some pushin'. Time for the bigger hammer.

Sean....I like your taste in trucks! I have a '68 F250 Camper Special (2WD). My brother in the Indy area has a '77 F250 (4WD) factory tall boy.

I wish I had your rig to shovel my snow. I use one of these new fangled Illinois snow plows......which come with a lifetime supply of IcyHot.

horkn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horkn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2011 at 8:21pm
I'm glad the snow was not as wet as the weather people predicted. My little 5 hp 4 stroke simplicity blower definitely would have had issues with any wetter snow than we got.

It really is hard to determine how much we got here, but some drifts by my house are 4 feet tall. There are a lot of trees here, and it's pretty sheltered, so I imagine more open areas have te 8-10 foot drifts that the news is all over today.

I'll see more of the brunt of the storm total tomorrow when i head back south to Franklin for work.

The company I work for makes high speed bottling equipment for more than just breweries,    I don't know if Crown is bottled with Krones equipment, but I know Bacardi E&J Gallo, and many others are. 70% of the market is owned by Krones, so if it's liquid, and in a bottle, we probably have a big part in bottling it.

78 martinique- refloored, reinforced, stringers re glassed, re engineered interior
GT40P heads Edelbrock Performer intake acme 4 blade
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/horkn/fish/nautique.jpg
Behl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Behl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2011 at 8:58pm
I wish we had the snow. My driveway, which is on a hill, is covered with 2 inch ice. Tried to break it up, instead gave up. Should be above 32 for a while on Sunday. 4 above tonite. Am thankful the electric has stayed on. This sucks!!!
Steve in Indy

Redone 1977 Ski Tique
75 stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2011 at 9:20pm
I did a cosmetic resto on the 78 a few years ago to use as my personal work truck. Its the smaller of the 2 I built with the 400M in it. I built a 79 stepside with a 524" cobra jet motor for the summer months. I have an unatural attachment to my old stuff.
Boat Pics
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2011 at 12:19am
Originally posted by 75 stang 75 stang wrote:

I did a cosmetic resto on the 78 a few years ago to use as my personal work truck. Its the smaller of the 2 I built with the 400M in it. I built a 79 stepside with a 524" cobra jet motor for the summer months. I have an unatural attachment to my old stuff.

I should have had a better attachment to some of my old toys too, but, a few got away. The '68 will not be getting away.

By the way, is your 524" motor an FE block? Was it a 428 Cobra Jet to start with? I am a big fan of FE motors. I have a stock 390 in my truck. I wish I had a reason to rebuild it. I would like to do a Cobra Jet spec as well. It runs to good to even think about taking it apart.     
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2011 at 12:27am

The pics posted so far are mere childsplay.. LOL

Here is a pic looking west out of our driveway...
That is a 6WD maintainer with a large V plow on the front.
Didnt get here til 4 this afternoon..

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2011 at 12:27am
Steve, didn't work! No FB account for me.
66 Skylark
93 SN
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2011 at 12:37am
Here is a pic of the maintainer coming up the hill in front of our house....

And my truck in the "hole" the maintainer just plowed.. I was heading into town to start plowing ...
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2011 at 12:42am
Looks like the 1st maitainer got stuck!
66 Skylark
93 SN
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2011 at 12:44am
Lots of cars "slightly stuck" on the first of a series of "S" curves about a half mile from our house...

one of the business' I plow... this is about 2 1/2' deep..

this is our business... easily 3 to 5 foot deep.....

there is a sidewalk under that snow...somewhere...
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2011 at 12:48am
Originally posted by MartyMabe MartyMabe wrote:

Looks like the 1st maitainer got stuck!

Marty... in that pic of the maintainer he is backing up to take another pass at the really deep drift. The one he is trying to break thru is probbably 12 to 14 feet deep!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2011 at 12:55am
Kinda hard to see. I am on my way home tonight when I took these.. this is the area he was working at getting thru in the first pic..

btw,Clint,the maintainer operator got called out at 4 this morning ...some kids stuck in a truck on a dirt road .. He did in fact get stuck when he went out to help them... they ended up blowing one of the tires on it as well. Not a happy camper..

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2011 at 1:07am
this one is for Billy....

Anyone up for a picnic? ...

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 5>
  Share Topic