Forums
NautiqueParts.com2025 Calendar Photos
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SNOW

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 345
Author
75 stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2011 at 12:11pm
I just finished plowing the fluff off the ice again this morning, schools cancelled for the 2nd day, i should have gone with my first thought, head north sunday morning and ski out the storm till things open up again. My employees both are out of power till wed yet just over the border in southern Mi. We got a lot of ice and the townships dont have the money to put salt on the roads so they are waiting for the warmer temps wed to help brake up the ice. Probably no school wed either, buses dont like ice anymore and they wont run chains like they used to. Glad the wind never really picked up or we would have a ton of ice covered branches down here as well.

We have become such a society of sissys any more. I put a set of winterforce tires on my wifes car and Blizaks on Moms car and they go anywhere on the ice, and even stop. It amazes me how people refuse to make any preparations for the climate they live in, my office gal showed up yesterday in heels and complained about how hard it wqas to walk on the ice, She was not real impressed with my you should be aware of your environment speech but did show up today in snow boots.

Hopefully the conservation club is open today, I usually go shoot trap on tuesdays over lunch.
Take your work seriously, not yourself.
Boat Pics
75 stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2011 at 4:23pm
Great, 5-10 inches more tonight, the kids have been to school 1 day this week and it does not look good for tomorrow. If i get done plowing early we may have to go boarding tomorrow...

I went up to Hillsdale county tuesday and still not much power up there, school canceled for the rest of the weekone county north of us. glad I moved to Ohio, I dont miss the 5 day power outs consumer power always has as they work thier way out from detroit to the end of the line.
Take your work seriously, not yourself.
Boat Pics
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 345
  Share Topic