NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Debt

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 56789 20>
Author
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2011 at 11:47am
Originally posted by BuffaloBFN BuffaloBFN wrote:

Bellyaching doesn't produce much, so here's a plan.

Did anyone read this? Pick it apart.
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2011 at 11:58am
Greg about half the points are useful, the other half take more than basic economics to debate but all assume a level of government where there is no retirement security or healthcare and no real public education will be acceptable. I dont see it happening..

OMH those numbers are pretty serious cherry picking of the facts and some real revisionist history.   Anyone using them is on the far end of right think bias you might want to be careful trusting that source. The 2009 budget was bushes and produced 1.3 trillion of deficit that you are handing to Obama in full..at least 8 months he had very limited control over.   as for unemployment rates.. when obama took office we were losing jobs at a rate of 700,000 plus a month and climbing.. currently we are gaining them at a rate of 100,000 a month. That might not be fast enough for you but it is a pretty serious turnaround..
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2011 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

all assume a level of government where there is no retirement security or healthcare and no real public education will be acceptable. I dont see it happening..

I don't see it that way. For example, the Sylvan Learning Center is thriving both in our right to work state and under the oppression of the the teacher's unions.

I think we all know that folks with means are sitting on their stack simply because they are afraid of what will come next. Did I read something about 600 new regs last month alone? Damn, give that horse his head and let him run!
1988 BFN-sold

OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2011 at 1:24pm

Greg about half the points are useful, the other half take more than basic economics to debate but all assume a level of government where there is no retirement security or healthcare and no real public education will be acceptable. I dont see it happening..

OMH those numbers are pretty serious cherry picking of the facts and some real revisionist history.   Anyone using them is on the far end of right think bias you might want to be careful trusting that source. The 2009 budget was bushes and produced 1.3 trillion of deficit that you are handing to Obama in full..at least 8 months he had very limited control over.   as for unemployment rates.. when obama took office we were losing jobs at a rate of 700,000 plus a month and climbing.. currently we are gaining them at a rate of 100,000 a month. That might not be fast enough for you but it is a pretty serious turnaround..

Joe, Yes I did cherry pick. Mostly because one wheel opened the door for me to do so. I guess you view a turd differntly after you decide if you ate going to avoid stepping in it or decide you are going to throw some shellac on it and give it some polish
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

phospher View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phospher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2011 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

Phil label yourself as you would like but the policies and values you put out are strait from the liberal playbook.

What policies and values are you talking about? You are so caught up in your party line politics you think anyone who doesn't agree with you is a liberal. Try not to be such a bigot.
skicat2001 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2011 at 1:42pm
Phosper I am a biget so hush. damb big spenders liberal SOB'S...

Sorry Buffalo, I must have got my number wrong. Let me find the correct number. One website said Obama spent 2.7 trillion in in 8months.

We all know Obama is ttoast in 2012. So lets just hope the House can keep him striaight till then.
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2011 at 1:52pm
No worries. I only picked up on it because it's like the little 'slip-ins' that go unchallenged on the 'news'. People hear those and start to believe them over time. And before anyone says it; yes, both parties are guilty.

And speaking of both parties, a third in DC would be nice. It's that 3rd party competition that makes the impact in the marketplace.
1988 BFN-sold

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2011 at 8:44pm

OMH those numbers are pretty serious cherry picking of the facts and some real revisionist history.   Anyone using them is on the far end of right think bias you might want to be careful trusting that source. The 2009 budget was bushes and produced 1.3 trillion of deficit that you are handing to Obama in full..at least 8 months he had very limited control over.    

Thanks for joining me in the cherry picking but over 700 billion of the 2009 deficit (thats half of the 1.3 trillion) was Obamas stimulus which he had full control over. Was that the one we had to pass to keep uneemployment under 8%, I cant remember.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2011 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by BuffaloBFN BuffaloBFN wrote:

And before anyone says it; yes, both parties are guilty.

I would have to agree to some extent. Bush has did alot of good in his presidnecy, went over board in some areas in the war ect but I am feed up with 3 yrs later, and still pointing the finger at Bush. What ***************g LOSERS!!!

You know the whole thing that makes me love my pubbys even more is America got to actually see the Democrats take over House and Senate, Lost the House short time ago, 3 yrs ago or 2.5 and they are still finger pointers, losers, with AWFUL fiscal polocies, and people see that this time. They are done. So screw em... I am sure between the end of the yr, unemployment is still 10.00%%%%, goverment spending at all time high, taxes are freeeking unbelievable,,,, they will come up with a new ***************g bill to try to VETO and spend 1 more large bill that does not and will not stimulate the economy.

P.S DEMOCRATS FRIGHTEN CORPORATE AMERICA   
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2011 at 12:52am
BREAKING NEWS From MSNBC (can't argue with that source )

All but one of the Republicans are leading as of right now in the RECALL Elections in Wisconsin today.

I guess the citizens of Wisconsin are telling the libs ONE MORE TIME, they are fed up with the old tax and spend ways. When will the left give it up?!?!?!? Hee hee hee!!!

I wonder what tricks they will come up with to try and stop this?? Lets see, I bet there will have to be recounts. Then, after that, liberal judges in Madison will declare the results invalid and illegal. Mark my words.
ononewheel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2011 at 2:15am
Originally posted by davidg davidg wrote:

BREAKING NEWS From MSNBC (can't argue with that source )

All but one of the Republicans are leading as of right now in the RECALL Elections in Wisconsin today.

I guess the citizens of Wisconsin are telling the libs ONE MORE TIME, they are fed up with the old tax and spend ways. When will the left give it up?!?!?!? Hee hee hee!!!

I wonder what tricks they will come up with to try and stop this?? Lets see, I bet there will have to be recounts. Then, after that, liberal judges in Madison will declare the results invalid and illegal. Mark my words.

better check your facts.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2011 at 2:17am
To you all that propose a balanced budget amendment.

From the S&P:
This weekend the head of S&P, John Chambers, publicly dismissed that idea as foolhardy when he said passage of a BBA would hurt, not help, America’s creditworthiness. Chambers, S&P’s managing director, told CNN’s Wolf Blitzer that a balanced budget measure “would just reduce your flexibility in a crisis”:

BLITZER: Would it be important or not that important for Congress to pass a Balanced Budget Amendment to the Constitution?

CHAMBERS: In general, we think that fiscal rules like these just diminish the flexibility of the government to respond. Also, when Congress has a long track record of trying to bind itself with various rules…But when push comes to shove, they don’t bind very much. So even if you had a Balanced Budget Amendment, you’d have some questions about it’s credibility, and it would just reduce your flexibility in a crisis.
teliosles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teliosles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2011 at 2:18am
No worries. I only picked up on it because it's like the little 'slip-ins' that go unchallenged on the 'news'. People hear those and start to believe them over time. And before anyone says it; yes, both parties are guilty.

Burn Notice
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2011 at 2:33am
    Five surgeons from big cities are discussing who makes the Best patients to operate on.

The first surgeon, from New York , says, 'I like to see accountants on my operating table because when you open them up, everything inside is numbered..'

The second, from Chicago , responds, 'Yeah, but you should try electricians! Everything inside them is color coded.'

The third surgeon, from Los Angeles, says, 'No, I really think librarians are the best, everything inside them is in alphabetical order'

The fourth surgeon, from San Francisco chimes in: 'You know, I like construction workers....Those guys always understand when you have a few parts left over.

But the fifth surgeon, from Washington, DC shut them all up when he observed: 'You're all wrong. Politicians are the easiest to operate on. There's no guts, no heart, no balls, no brains ,and no spine. Plus, the head and the ass are interchangeable.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2011 at 3:06am
Good one!
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2011 at 3:11am
Originally posted by ononewheel ononewheel wrote:

To you all that propose a balanced budget amendment.

From the S&P:
This weekend the head of S&P, John Chambers, publicly dismissed that idea as foolhardy when he said passage of a BBA would hurt, not help, America’s creditworthiness. Chambers, S&P’s managing director, told CNN’s Wolf Blitzer that a balanced budget measure “would just reduce your flexibility in a crisis”:

BLITZER: Would it be important or not that important for Congress to pass a Balanced Budget Amendment to the Constitution?

CHAMBERS: In general, we think that fiscal rules like these just diminish the flexibility of the government to respond. Also, when Congress has a long track record of trying to bind itself with various rules…But when push comes to shove, they don’t bind very much. So even if you had a Balanced Budget Amendment, you’d have some questions about it’s credibility, and it would just reduce your flexibility in a crisis.

Is this the same S&P that micalculated by two trilliion when downgrading the US credit rating?
1987 Ski Nautique

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2011 at 3:14am
Same one. And I see what you are trying to say.

Just trying to point out the facts. Only S&p's rating is making the news

Nevermind there are 2 other ratings out there
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2011 at 3:23am
I only heard mention of the math problems, I am not up on the details but I heard they regrouped and said the downgrade was based on the gridlock and not the numbers. Not good for a ratings agency. Sounds more and more like S&P was playing politics. I an also hearing moodys got some pressure from high up not to follow suit with a downgrade.
1987 Ski Nautique

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2011 at 3:26am
Where is the link to moody's? Have not heard a thing about it?
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2011 at 3:26am
Damn....
We are such pawns....
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2011 at 3:30am
No link, just radio chatter. I can not confirm.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2011 at 3:48am
So one wheel, do you have a boat or are you just here for the political conversation?
1987 Ski Nautique

davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2011 at 4:05am
Originally posted by ononewheel ononewheel wrote:

better check your facts.

Not sure where I went wrong?

Fact: 3 Republicans won in Wisconsin tonight.
Fact: 2 Democrats won.
Fact: 1 race is still too close to call, but, the Republican is winning as of this evening.

Fact: The Democrats will need to win a total of 3 of the races to take back the Wisconsin Senate.

Fact: There are already reports that the Democrats are calling for an investigation of the voting in the last race because its Waukesha County.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2011 at 4:13am
Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

So one wheel, do you have a boat or are you just here for the political conversation?

Yeah, I have an Excel 1993 and a 92 SN I just bought. Forum took me by surprise and I have not started a diary or photos yet. Winter is long here in WI so that is when I will get to that.

Ononewheel comes from my motorcycle days, thats how I like to ride. Now, I lost a leg in combat and I thought the name kinda fit now.    

Swimming, boating, kneeboarding, and sking (slalom of course) is a ton of fun for me now, especially with less weight. No more motorcycles....

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2011 at 4:20am
This site is a great resource, the off topics is just for fun, You will find things are usually (but not always) more civil on the other threads, To bad you did not get to the green lake re-union. You were very close and a great time was had by all.
1987 Ski Nautique

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2011 at 4:23am
Yeah, my wife and I were contemplating it, the reunion. Next year for sure.

I really enjoy the site and it has been a great resource for us. Off topic is just that for me too. I enjoy politics and really think you guys have a great thing going here. i do try to keep it civil here as well.
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2011 at 9:57am
i think Ive figured out the difference between the righties and the lefties, us lefties kick back and sip on beers, you righties chug the beers, put the bottles on a fence post and shoot em
"the things you own will start to own you"
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2011 at 10:01am
Im still fcn laughin
"the things you own will start to own you"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2011 at 11:23am

OMH those numbers are pretty serious cherry picking of the facts and some real revisionist history.   when obama took office we were losing jobs at a rate of 700,000 plus a month and climbing.. currently we are gaining them at a rate of 100,000 a month. That might not be fast enough for you but it is a pretty serious turnaround..

Joe, I think there are some other dynimcs having to do with layoffs that you are not taking into consideration. After a decade of full employment everyone had a group of employees who meet the minimum standard but were not achievers. Emplyers look for an excuse to get rid of these employees, so the first cuts are easy, then they do across the board cuts getting rid of the cream on top, thentehy look at wuality departments, safety all areas with established practices that they can live without, then it statrst getting tough and lay off numbers drop. After a time someone gets hurt and they are forced to hire a safety manager back.... and they cut to the minimum so now to save they have to look at relocating, closing dividsions, a slower and more costly process.
1987 Ski Nautique

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2011 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

i think Ive figured out the difference between the righties and the lefties, us lefties kick back and sip on beers, you righties chug the beers, put the bottles on a fence post and shoot em

1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 56789 20>
  Share Topic