NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Debt

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 7891011 20>
Author
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2011 at 10:32am
corporations are people, and moving offshore is another good example of the rich avoiding taxation, me and you dont set the laws to accomadate the rich, if it was up to me, I would double penalize for moving offshore, creating the incentive not to set up shop in 3rd world areas with cheap labor, but shame on us for purchasing those products. it looks as if the post office will be dumping another 220,000 into the workforce, which at the end of the day will seperate the classes even more
"the things you own will start to own you"
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2011 at 10:38am
I didn't say he was my guy...but I do think he is most able to get something done in that LA-LA land inside the beltway; if he's electable.

Who said that those who don't know their history are doomed to repeat it? I bet Newt could outdo the other 7 combined on American History. I also liked him standing against the media. Bachmann had a chance on that submission question, and while she handled the question with all grace, she might have set her own tone.

IMHO Santorum looked like a cry baby, Romney looked like a cat with a canary in his mouth, Bachmann seemed overly rehearsed, Huntsman could only get out that he was going to run on his record, Pawlenty couldn't get his 7 & 8 cylinders to fire, Cain seemed politically inexperienced, and Paul was over the edge as usual even though he was right most of the time.

Right now, I'd pick Herman or Newt for different reasons.

The best part though is we all know BO was watching...must've been hard for him. I wonder how many hankies he went through.   
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2011 at 10:44am
there is such a stigma attached to being taxed, the foundation of this country was built on taxation, i feel its a civic duty to pay taxes, but again i myself create the incentive with cash to avoid taxes, because as a small business at the end of the day i dont have the loopholes or the profits to sustaine in this economy. at the end of the day i may be left with a 2 or 3 % profit unlike some corporations that may be at 40%, now we all understand a profit is whats leftover when every bill and person is paid. unlike me i couldnt find a loophole to dump my 3% into and i will be taxed on that 3%. its set up in this country that if a boat has a kitchen it can be considered a 2nd home and thats where the corporations profits are dumped once again avoiding taxation, those are the loopholes created by the people that take advantage of the system.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2011 at 10:47am
i sat back and, watched them bicker amongst themselves, and thought to myself, business as usual...lying thieving bastards, tell you what you want to hear and you buy into it
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2011 at 10:48am
i was using the boat as an example of one of the loopholes created
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2011 at 10:53am
Eric, just think what could be done with all of the creative efforts wasted on being tax savvy. Build a reasonable environment for buisnesses to function in and they will come.
1988 BFN-sold

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2011 at 10:56am
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

i sat back and, watched them bicker amongst themselves, and thought to myself, business as usual...lying thieving bastards, tell you what you want to hear and you buy into it

I don't get how you can say that while Reid, Pelosi, BO, etc are still breathing and in office. I don't remember any lies; enlighten me.
1988 BFN-sold

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2011 at 11:03am
thats like my kid saying, i didnt do it, she did it
kinda hypicritical...I just found out Frank was a pipe smoker, really, i didnt know that, not that it matters hah hah

Greg, their lips were moving, thats how you know they were lying
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2011 at 11:08am
And your mouth was full of kool aid; that's how I know you're a dem.   
1988 BFN-sold

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2011 at 11:10am
it seems the world is a more peaceful place when the dems are in office
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2011 at 11:13am
if we could only figure out a way to tax them damn drugs coming into this country, 15% accross the board, on everything? seems to be a thriving business, could use some good old regulation
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2011 at 11:17am

if we could only figure out a way to tax them damn drugs coming into this country, 15% accross the board, on everything? seems to be a thriving business, could use some good old regulation

Can you say FairTax?
1988 BFN-sold

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2011 at 11:20am
yeah, I knew you were the spokesperson for the Fairtax, in kinda a cynical way, isnt that regulation? what you guys are against?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2011 at 11:25am

it seems the world is a more peaceful place when the dems are in office

C'mon...where are you getting your news?!!? I haven't seen so much unrest in this country in my 40 something years. WI PA IL ...shall I go on?
1988 BFN-sold

OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2011 at 11:26am

there is such a stigma attached to being taxed, the foundation of this country was built on taxation,

What???? Is that what you think the boston tea party was about? Along with a constitution written to specifically limit the powers of government? Your perception of the origins of this country is twisted like a pretzel. Taxation is a neccesary evil, a force that you that must be dealt with, and one of the reasons you need a good foundation, so the force cannot topple what you are trying to build.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2011 at 11:28am
Originally posted by ononewheel ononewheel wrote:

Do you realize you arguing against your own best interest, as well as your family and more than likely your friends too?

You hand me this when I am late for work. hold this thought and I will respond tonight.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2011 at 11:29am

yeah, I knew you were the spokesperson for the Fairtax, in kinda a cynical way, isnt that regulation? what you guys are against?

Fiscal irresponsibility!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The FairTax 'gives' everyone a chance to contribute and the individual the opportunity to have a say in regards to his own taxation. Drugs, black market, illegals, etc.

The very best thing the FairTax does is yank a lot of power away from self serving politicians.
1988 BFN-sold

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2011 at 11:34am
the only way the fairtax would ever work is if they did away with currency, and went to a completely electronic system, that could be REGULATED
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2011 at 11:35am
i think a fairtax would only increase the black markets
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2011 at 11:57am
So, this fairtax, would it make the rich oilmen down there in Texas pay their fair share? or are we focusing on the poor people not paying their share?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2011 at 12:11pm
Every limo would be taxed the same as a yugo. Also, the FairTax doesn't have a play in the sale of used goods or the trading of anything.
1988 BFN-sold

skicat2001 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2011 at 1:55pm
I really liked newt and the guy from Iowa. They mean business. Romney is a liberal conservative. I smell something fishy with him.
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2011 at 1:55pm

i think a fairtax would only increase the black markets
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2011 at 3:36pm
now wouldnt a nice import tax really improve things? in my eyes that would be fair
ononewheel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2011 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by BuffaloBFN BuffaloBFN wrote:

I didn't say he was my guy...but I do think he is most able to get something done in that LA-LA land inside the beltway; if he's electable.

Who said that those who don't know their history are doomed to repeat it? I bet Newt could outdo the other 7 combined on American History. I also liked him standing against the media. Bachmann had a chance on that submission question, and while she handled the question with all grace, she might have set her own tone.

IMHO Santorum looked like a cry baby, Romney looked like a cat with a canary in his mouth, Bachmann seemed overly rehearsed, Huntsman could only get out that he was going to run on his record, Pawlenty couldn't get his 7 & 8 cylinders to fire, Cain seemed politically inexperienced, and Paul was over the edge as usual even though he was right most of the time.

The best part though is we all know BO was watching...must've been hard for him. I wonder how many hankies he went through.   

No offense, but I'd bet Barack Oabma, was using the hankies because he was laughing so hard he had tears in his eyes.

Do you think the republican party is saying anything different than they ever have been? Not that many dems are either, but it has been more of the same.   I could have told you about everything the debate would have been about.

In a nutshell....

No taxes, never ever, forever, never ever, not from any American ever ever, at all costs, I'd rather tha nation fails than tax, ever forever never.......

Obama is going....to....be.....a....one....term.....president!!!!!! (spoken in that Bachmann, prose)

Government is bad, smaller at all costs, I hate the gov......

Thanks for watching the debate.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2011 at 8:38pm

Every limo would be taxed the same as a yugo. Also, the FairTax doesn't have a play in the sale of used goods or the trading of anything.

That is nice. Limos at eh same rate as a Yugo. Fairtax. Yeah sure.

That is like taxing the bicycle the same as a Leer jet, saying the both are simply transportation.

Or the Mansion the same as a small crakerbox house.   You have enough money to live in a house which has 4 more rooms than you'd ever use, takes more space, is a bigger user of energy,.... You get the high tax rate, or you get the crap taxed out of you.

Fairtax is crap.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2011 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

there is such a stigma attached to being taxed, the foundation of this country was built on taxation,

What???? Is that what you think the boston tea party was about? Along with a constitution written to specifically limit the powers of government? Your perception of the origins of this country is twisted like a pretzel. Taxation is a neccesary evil, a force that you that must be dealt with, and one of the reasons you need a good foundation, so the force cannot topple what you are trying to build.

Sort of funny how you say this after our entire economy was just about toppled over not raising taxes ONE PENNY.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2011 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by ononewheel ononewheel wrote:

No offense, but I'd bet Barack Oabma, was using the hankies because he was laughing so hard he had tears in his eyes.

Do you think the republican party is saying anything different than they ever have been? Not that many dems are either, but it has been more of the same.   I could have told you about everything the debate would have been about.

In a nutshell....

No taxes, never ever, forever, never ever, not from any American ever ever, at all costs, I'd rather tha nation fails than tax, ever forever never.......

Obama is going....to....be.....a....one....term.....president!!!!!! (spoken in that Bachmann, prose)

Government is bad, smaller at all costs, I hate the gov......

Thanks for watching the debate.

I honestly doubt barrak hussen obama was laughing. Because he is so screwed, people are feed up and his approval rating is almost at 30%. That being said, look what has been put on his watch.

Outragoues spending in History
Unemployment stayed at 9-10%4
Welfare programs up 18%
Higher taxes for those making more than 250,000 which is not dumped back into the economy.
S&P lower credit rating because of the "NR" Spending
Moral issues against the United States Constitution for "Same Sex maariage" Poll showed will be on ballot and is disaproved

Barrak is a "One Term" President. I promise you that. The only peps that will revote for him are need there head checked. Far far far lefties like himself.
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2011 at 9:32pm
Peps need to know this ecnomy and world is setup for "capatilism"!! Not socialism. Them lefty ideas do not work in America.

Look at Britian. fking weirdo's.. socialist system and look at there problems. We will have some of the same issues because barrak communist obabma is gone when we take back over house and senate. When the goverment ownes the ecnomy and impeededs peoples civil rights and then when they take them back you have fking riots.

The fking democrats create a "lazy" country because of there stupid ways in beleiving aaaaaaawwwww the pooor people. Fk em!!!!! Get off your ass and go to work. I did, you can too wennner lickers.
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2011 at 1:06am
Remember lee, some of those democrats are our friends here, make your point but play nice!!!!!
1987 Ski Nautique

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 7891011 20>
  Share Topic