Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gas prices

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 45678 26>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2012 at 4:17am
reading comprehension not so good eh?

Maybe you should watch the video so you can see he gave credit where credit was due.
This is the life
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2012 at 4:22am
I watched the speech, I watched the video, he gave credit and he TOOK credit. Go ahead and believe what you WANT to believe.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2012 at 4:57am
Commander in chief- of course he took credit for his role.

So tell us where did you get the doctored clip? I'd like to see the posting/website you took it from just to check your word just want to see if you have any integrity at all.
This is the life
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2012 at 5:16am
I received the posting in an email ironically the same morning that I posted it. It happened to fit into the conversation at hand, if fit with my memories of the speech so I threw it out there.

You still don't get it, it is not about who did what, its about having the class to not blow your own horn. He is the president, people know his role, he turned a spectacular effort into a self promoting campaign speech. If I remember correctly he took three days to make the decision. Ewwww, so decisive. I,I,I,I,I. All after he striped our intelligence gathering ability to do in the future what he was taking credit for that day.

Have you seen the commander in chiefs proposed budget. To cut spending he proposes current and former military members pay large premium increases for their healthcare. Union members working on military however are not subject. His priorities seem a little backwards for the commander in chief. He seems to value union voters more than soldiers.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2012 at 5:20am
This is the life
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2012 at 5:24am
I don't think anybody here is that gullible. I know I'm not.
This is the life
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2012 at 5:27am
What are you disputing?
1987 Ski Nautique

ononewheel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2012 at 5:47am
It is ironic Dave, you are protesting the gas prices when you so vehemently oppose the democrats.

It is arguable the republicans and the "saber rattling" over Iran has caused the speculators to drive the price up. But you just cannot admit that. It is not the democrats doing the rattling either.

It is your party who fight the CAFE standards so strongly too.

Are you getting paid per post for this?
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2012 at 5:58am
Operation Iraian Liberation = OIL.

It is coming in November if we elect any of the three RepLIEcons running.

I just wish they were more honest on real issues, it would be so much easier.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2012 at 6:12am
Seth, Barack is rattling the sabers as loud as anyone, and it does have an effect on prices I mentioned that (admitted it ) in an earlier post. All the more reason to use our own oil instead of theirs. You must be a Ron Paul guy, he is the only one on either side promoting military isolationism. I am not a big fan of cafe standards. As a former paramedic I have seen to many people squashed in lightweight vehicles. It is simple physics, the guy with the most pounds wins. (we used to say the most lug nuts) We are making technology gains but cutting weight is the cheapest and easiest way to save gas. If money was no object I would go out and get the new eco-tree-hugger 6 cylinder ford. It gets good mileage but is still a workhorse. That makes sense to me. Making vehicles that are unsafe or unable to fulfill there intended purpose does not. If there is a market for high millage cars (and there is )they will get built with or without a cafe standard, but pushing for technology that is not affordable yet adds unnecessary costs, and subsidizing new technology so rich the rich can drive a brand new volt is not a good us of tax dollars either.

And yea, the right pays me by the word. Joe must have the same deal with the left, that is why his posts are so long!
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2012 at 6:17am
I think they will officially leave Iran for Isreal, at least that is what it looks like they are laying the ground work for. Going into Iran would raise oil prices due to uncertainty more than anything else. I am not a fan of the Idea. I am nervous about Irans rhetoric concerning Israel but I really don't see how we can let Pakistan and North korea have nukes but tell Iran they can't.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2012 at 6:51am
[QUOTE=OverMyHead] I received the posting in an email ironically the same morning that I posted it. It happened to fit into the conversation at hand, if fit with my memories of the speech so I threw it out there.

You must think I was born yesterday
This is the life
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2012 at 6:52am
I prefer the light weight high gas mileage to the soccer mom blasting down the road in an empty suburban, tahoe, escalade, or rover. I wonder what the repair budget is for those families. They drive them like sports cars. What new brakes every other oil change?

By the way I used to operate a towing company and I saw so much carnage on the road too. I will say the newer lighter cars are almost always totaled, but the next day the person driving was often able to come in and retrieve their belongings. That usually doesn't happen if they roll a 1985 Delta 88.    

I suppose getting the keystone line would ease our problem? Not likely, and I do think the prices will trend up regardless of how much we drill here.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2012 at 7:01am
So the government invented Onstar........

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2012 at 7:07am
Originally posted by GlassSeeker GlassSeeker wrote:

[QUOTE=OverMyHead] I received the posting in an email ironically the same morning that I posted it. It happened to fit into the conversation at hand, if fit with my memories of the speech so I threw it out there.

You must think I was born yesterday

Here is a copy of the email. I deleted the senders name because as I said I take responsibility for posting it. Your to cynical to have been born yesterday   

This from my friend Mary.   How true. How true.

Sent: Wednesday, February 29, 2012 11:35 AM
To: *** *****
Subject: Fw: Definition of Hubris

EVERYONE NEEDS TO KNOW THE DEFINITION OF “HUBRIS”!
               Description: B80754908BF444FCA51F36FCCE3566C1@Papa

George W. Bush speech after capture of Saddam Hussein:
               The success of yesterday's mission is a tribute to our men and women now serving in Iraq .
               The operation was based on the superb work of intelligence analysts who found the Dictator’s footprints in a vast country. The operation was carried out with skill and precision by a brave fighting force. Our servicemen and women and our coalition allies have faced many dangers in the hunt for members of the fallen regime, and in their effort to bring hope and freedom to the Iraqi people. Their work continues, and so do the risks. Today, on behalf of the nation, I thank the members of our Armed Forces and I congratulate them.

Description: 26828C58B7FC4E6EA5D71F69F4B1630C@Papa

Barack Hussein Obama speech, Sunday, May 1, 2011:
               And so shortly after taking office, I directed Leon Panetta, the director of the CIA, to make the killing or capture of bin Laden the top priority of our war against al Qaeda, even as I continued our broader efforts to disrupt, dismantle, and defeat his network.
               Then, last August, after years of painstaking work by my intelligence community, I was briefed on a possible lead to bin Laden. It was far from certain, and it took many months to run this thread to ground. I met repeatedly with my national security team as we developed more information about the possibility that we had located bin Laden hiding within a compound deep inside of Pakistan . And finally, last week, I determined that Ihad enough intelligence to take action, and authorized an operation to get Osama bin Laden and bring him to justice.
               Today, at my direction, the United States launched a targeted operation against that compound in Abbottabad , Pakistan .

Hubris (hu·bris), also hybris, means extreme haughtiness, pride or arrogance. Hubris often indicates a loss of contact with reality and an overestimation of one's own competence or capabilities, especially when the person exhibiting it is in a position of power.

1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2012 at 7:10am
Originally posted by ononewheel ononewheel wrote:

I didnt get that one either.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2012 at 7:11am
Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

Originally posted by ononewheel ononewheel wrote:

I didnt get that one either.

Maybe it was Al Gore!
1987 Ski Nautique

eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2012 at 10:49am
im confused, Did Lincoln free the slaves or didnt he?
"the things you own will start to own you"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2012 at 10:54am
I know he never said he was for it before he was against it.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2012 at 10:55am
I see big mouth Rush is at it again........
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2012 at 11:42am
my posts are so long because your posts are so wrong

Your reposted email is typical of the emails we all read every week

they are 99% pro right wing

they are usually easily disproven lies - yet to some significant portion of the country it "feels right" so they embrace it and pass it on.

again where does this stuff magically appear from -ask yourself that more often and someday you may cease to be the tool of the lazy rich

Other than eric who you guys used to count amongst your own, but you have driven to the dark side of liberalism it is only ever right wingnuts (again 99%) who initiate these posts (again on a boat forum)- why is that?

Debates are easy to win when you are willing to make up your own set of facts and the moderates(rators) are too lazy or ill informed to check you on them.

That is why it is so easy to put a tea partier into a house election, and harder to win a statewide or national election - in a larger arena someone will eventually come along to point out that 1+1 does not equal 7 no matter how loud it gets shouted.. but in a localish election it is surprising how much you can get away with

1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
azeus17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azeus17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2012 at 11:53am
Wow...this thread got waaaay off topic.

I realized a long time ago I was never going to change my friends minds about this kind of stuff. I would rather have my friends than prove how smart I am or how dumb they are...
Boats:
Current: 02 SANTE
Sold: 89 Sport Nautique
dochockey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dochockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2012 at 12:12pm
Gm should have gone through the bankruptcy laws instead of using taxpayers dollars, they will never pay it back. The gov now owns what was it 250+ million shares? Our gov was not set up to be part owners in car companies. Whats next?
1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2012 at 12:13pm
point being Dave, he is the one remembered for the freedom of the slaves, he may not of had a personal hand in it, but he was the guiding light...
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2012 at 12:16pm
GM wasn't the first to be bailed out. The government bailed out Chysler in the early 80's? I don't remember a big stink about that.

How come gas is only $3.15/gal in SLC where they have to truck it all in from the coast, but $3.65 in Portland Maine, one of the busiest oil ports on the east coast?
malibud View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2012 at 12:29pm
Oil from canada is cheaper than imports from the middle east
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2012 at 3:07pm
we can fabricate a birth certificate as easy as you can fabricate an email
This is the life
crobi2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crobi2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2012 at 4:39pm
Liquid Fluoride Thorium Reactor (LFTR).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liquid_fluoride_thorium_reactor

A thousand years worth of thorium in this country.

Use the excess heat to synthesize other hydrocarbons from coal instead of burning it to make electricity.

Build about 5 or 6 of these a year for about $3-5 billion each and put a lot of people to work.

Could be completely independent of foreign oil within two decades (or so).
C-Rob

2000 SAN
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2012 at 5:22pm
It is fun to see all our brothers on the left side of the aisle all taken a victory lap and "high fiving" each other about how smart you all collectively are. Come on fella's, lets face it, the left has their talking points, the right has theirs. Gas prices go up, gas prices go down. Doesn't really matter who the President is. Several years ago, the press, and the Dems, beat the living snot out of Bush over high gas prices. Now, the media remains fairly quiet about it, other than to report that the gas prices are high without placing blame at Obama's feet.

We can all squabble about exactly how many people are on this government program, or that government program. I think it comes down to what your core beliefs are.

Do you want to see a larger government....or a smaller government?!
Do you want higher taxes.....or lower taxes?!
Do we want to take our national debt to $20 Trillion.....or start to reduce it so future generations aren't saddled with this generations out of control government spending?!
Do we want to continue to have an unsustainable annual "budget" deficit of over a a trillion dollars......or do we want to live within our means?!
Do you want to see more and more people riding in the cart....or pulling the cart?!
Do you think the government should run healthcare.....or let the people buy insurance in the free market?!
Do we want open borders.....or enforce our existing laws and control who gets in this country?
Do we want to go out and buy small little cars to accomodate high fuel costs.....or do we want to produce more fuel to drive prices down?!
Is it good more and more people are on government programs (food stamps, etc).....or is it better to have people getting jobs to support themselves without having the government take them under its massive, inefficient wing?!

I happen to think the government has gotten too big, and too intrusive in our lives, and people are MUCH better off without the government being there to take care of them from cradle to grave. I think Newt said it well recently when he said that "governmet entitlements are not a safety net at all, but rather a spider web that traps people and holds them down". All you have to do is drive through any inner city area and see how some people live that have trusted the government to "provide" for them. It is AWFUL! These people can't, for the most part, escape the horrible life they are in. That was all started by liberal programs decades ago. It has turned out great, hasn't it?

Oh, and we should "Drill, Baby Drill" to produce more energy to get these high fuel prices down. Remember, higher supply will bring down prices. Another area that the current liberal governmet doesn't seem to believe in....no matter how they spin it that they are producing more energy than ever before (taking credit for what Bush started).

Well, I will sit back and wait for someone to come along shortly to tell me I have this fact wrong, or that fact wrong, and how stupid I am. I am far from perfect, and sometimes may get a fact or two wrong. But, look at the big picture, and tell me I am wrong!
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2012 at 5:40pm
I hate cats too but there is more than 1 way to skin them.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 45678 26>
  Share Topic