Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gas prices

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1314151617 26>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ononewheel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2012 at 2:38am
Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

Seth, you should know by now I don't hide, but sometimes I am at a loss for words

I know

ononewheel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2012 at 2:41am
Originally posted by john b john b wrote:

Skirt,
The United States is a country established by and for the people.
I disagreed with practically all of the policies and direction of the last Bush administration, but I still hoped that whatever they did would somehow benefit the country as a whole. To hope otherwise is simply unamerican. It is very disturbing to me that anyone living in this country and enjoying the benefits of citizenship would hope for failure. Sacrifice is something that a patriot does for a country. To sacrifice your country to make a point is unthinkable and treasonous. It disrespects all who have worked or given their lives to make this country what it is today.
Your words are those if an immature child undeserving of citizenship. I may disagree with others as to policies and politics, but I believe you stand alone as one who wants to destroy our country. Although I strongly disagree with the opinions of many on this site, I don't question that they believe in some way their position is beneficial to the country.

Hey thanks, that is what I should have said.

Treasonous, that one word sums it all up.

john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2012 at 2:45am
Originally posted by skicat2001 skicat2001 wrote:

Religion is the cause of most problems. How would someone who professes to be religious and love others call a person of different religious beliefs the anti Christ. Nothing but hypocrites who don't follow the teachings they say they hold so near and dear. More people have been killed in wars over religious beliefs than any other cause. I know, You're different because yours is the only religion that is right.
I am probably the anti Christ because I believe it is all B.S.

Man I really feel sorry for you. I hope somewhere in life your faith will be saved.

Feel sorry for me? I am not the one who believes in talking donkeys, talking snakes, rivers of blood, walking on water, parting seas, every animal on the earth living together on a boat (not even a CC), raising the dead, a cracker being a person's flesh, wine being a person's blood, the sun standing still....... You get the picture.
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2012 at 3:36am
John and Seth, Like you I disagree with Lee's take but I think I understand what he is getting at. I do believe Obama and our governments energy policy have the ability to influence (Not control)the prices at the pump. Then candidate Obama was interviewed by some California new paper and he stated that he would like to see energy prices slowly rise to make alternatives more attractive, he then got into office and the prices have slowly risen, close to doubling I believe. Coincidence? He has blocked drilling and a pipeline. This would further his stated objective. Obama hired to head his energy department an environmentalist who does not own a car. Hardly one to understand the energy needs of the nation. this is the agenda he listens to. Obama has stated he would like to stimulate our economy, and he can do that without adding to the deficit simply by freeing up the energy policy. My desire is to see lower fuel prices no matter who is in office, my fear is a temporary policy change in the election year, followed by doubling of prices again if he gets re-elected. I believe Lee stated in a backward manor that if Obama continues his current path people will see him for who he is.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2012 at 3:43am

Feel sorry for me? I am not the one who believes in talking donkeys, talking snakes, rivers of blood, walking on water, parting seas, every animal on the earth living together on a boat (not even a CC), raising the dead, a cracker being a person's flesh, wine being a person's blood, the sun standing still....... You get the picture.

I am dissapointed John. I understand it is not your belief, but there are ways to express it without crapping on others beliefs.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2012 at 3:44am
The ONLY reason Obama wants to see lower gas prices is so he can get re-elected. Unless one has been living under a rock for the past three years, its pretty obvious that Obama really believes in higher fuel costs to push us all into Yugo's and Volts. I mean, come on, that what he really wants. No surprise there. He is strictly an alternative energy guy. No big deal. Its just who he is.

My solution....vote him out!
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2012 at 4:10am
OMH,
Sorry you took it that way. I support your right to believe in whatever you want to believe in. I am offended by those who offer me pity for my beliefs. I expect respect in the same magnitude for my beliefs, as religious freedom, or my choice to dismiss religion, is just that, my choice. I don't want anyone imposing their religious beliefs on me, my wife, my daughters, or their uteruses.
Stating my beliefs is not "crapping" on yours. Once again it is just a difference of opinion.
BTW, I am an ordained minister!
Sincerely,
Reverend John Beeman.

GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2012 at 4:13am
Ski- For God's sake use spell checker. Or slowly back away from the computer keyboard. Set down that drink.

So I guess we are to believe that when Bushy was pres and gas rose to 4.50 then the economy tanked and it fell to 1.60---My house had risen in value to 390K and then fell to 140K---that was a good thing?

And somehow it was Obamas fault too?

I'm confused so confused.
This is the life
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2012 at 4:15am
Religion has no place in politics---separation of church and state.
This is the life
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2012 at 4:17am
I kinda do that walking on water thing all the time LOL
This is the life
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2012 at 4:26am
OMH,
Check your quote and context. O'Bama did say " I would like to see energy prices slowly rise to make alternatives more attractive, as opposed to them spiking to new records at the whim of the suppliers every time Memorial day comes around"
Context is everything.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2012 at 4:27am
Andy It has been discussed to death here before but our founders intended to keep the state from declaring and influencing an official religion, but never to keep religion out of politics. Had they intended to keep religion out of government I very much doubt this line would have been included in the declaration of independence. "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2012 at 4:28am
Originally posted by GlassSeeker GlassSeeker wrote:

Yah, but lets see you do it without a rope!
1987 Ski Nautique

john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2012 at 4:29am

I know you do, and its a beautiful thing. There is a forum here devoted to just that!

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2012 at 4:31am
I guess Gary doesn't know that the Tesla Roadster is built by Lotus in England and based on the Elise, then sent to America where Tesla installs the drive components...so it basically is an Electric Lotus Roadster. Another company Zytek also had and electric Elise.

That's one of the things I like about these threads it gets me to learn about alot of things I might not otherwise look into.
This is the life
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2012 at 4:33am

Let's see anyone do it without a rope!

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2012 at 4:36am

OMH,
Sorry you took it that way. I support your right to believe in whatever you want to believe in. I am offended by those who offer me pity for my beliefs. I expect respect in the same magnitude for my beliefs, as religious freedom, or my choice to dismiss religion, is just that, my choice. I don't want anyone imposing their religious beliefs on me, my wife, my daughters, or their uteruses.
Stating my beliefs is not "crapping" on yours. Once again it is just a difference of opinion.
Sincerely,
Reverend John Beeman.

John, Lee did open the door, but it is your choice how you enter the room. What I got out of your statement was what you did not believe in.
1987 Ski Nautique

Rev Bob View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rev Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2012 at 4:38am

Religion has no place in politics---separation of church and state.

Cheers,
Rev Bob

"if it's gonna happen, it'll happen out there!"
~~~
My Dad always said; "Everything on your boat is either broken or about to be....and you just don't know about it yet".
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2012 at 4:38am

Let's see anyone do it without a rope!

Wish I could have been there.
1987 Ski Nautique

john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2012 at 4:46am
OMH,
Yes, he did open the door, and I frequently enter like Kramer.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2012 at 4:47am

OMH,
Yes, he did open the door, and I frequently enter like Kramer.

Great visual Giddyup
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2012 at 4:49am
There is a few seconds after I let go of the rope where I am walking on water without anything but the water and my feet and we become One .
This is the life
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2012 at 4:50am
OMH,
I hope you have a great day tomorrow! Thanks for the conversation.

john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2012 at 4:54am
You too, Glasseeker, have a great day! Gotta get to bed. I need to make Hilton Head in the AM.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2012 at 4:56am

Andy It has been discussed to death here before but our founders intended to keep the state from declaring and influencing an official religion, but never to keep religion out of politics. Had they intended to keep religion out of government I very much doubt this line would have been included in the declaration of independence. "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"

So it should be no problem then if someone in politics decided to whip out the Quran and preach about Islam, Allah etc.

This is what you are saying---not me.
This is the life
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2012 at 4:56am

OMH,
I hope you have a great day tomorrow! Thanks for the conversation.

Back at you!
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2012 at 5:05am

There is a few seconds after I let go of the rope where I am walking on water without anything but the water and my feet and we become One .

For me it is those type of moments that convince me these things could not have all just come together by random accident. Be it divine or just me finding what I am looking for, I am thankful.
1987 Ski Nautique

eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2012 at 9:31am
did you guy's ever wonder when they looked up to the sky's, what they were looking at?
"the things you own will start to own you"
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2012 at 10:24am

OMH,
Sincerely,
Reverend John Beeman.

How can you not believe in religion and be a ordained minister?

What is your parrish called, Church of the Everyday Hypocrite?

You wann really walk on water? Part the sea first, then walk across.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2012 at 10:47am
Originally posted by harddock harddock wrote:

OMH,
Sincerely,
Reverend John Beeman.

How can you not believe in religion and be a ordained minister?

What is your parrish called, Church of the Everyday Hypocrite?

You wann really walk on water? Part the sea first, then walk across.

Unitarian Universalist Church?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1314151617 26>
  Share Topic