Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gas prices

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1415161718 26>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2012 at 11:29am
Originally posted by GlassSeeker GlassSeeker wrote:

So it should be no problem then if someone in politics decided to whip out the Quran and preach about Islam, Allah etc.

This is what you are saying---not me.[/QUOTE]

Andy, If you can not use the quote feature then they are your words, not mine, but you are correct, anyone can qoute their religious source on the floor, but they do so at political risk. I do not have any recent memories of politicians giving actual sermons in that setting, but they do have prayer breakfasts. I believe they made accommodations for Kieth Ellingsons (practicing Muslim from Minnesota) swearing in to accommodate his faith. I have no problem with Kieth being Muslim. The fact that he is a big Minneapolis liberal on the other hand.......

I would draw the line at Sharia law trumping our constitution, as it does not recognize what we have established as individual rights.

For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2012 at 11:49am
Jesus was the first I know of to suggest a separation of church and state, "give to God... give to Ceaser...." suggesting that a person can simultaneously serve God and government
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2012 at 1:23pm
Oh MY GOD!!!! I was getting ready to go out today and chase the almighty dollar. Well, I happened to look at the back of one of them, and there it was staring me right in the face! "IN GOD WE TRUST"!!! Right on the back of a GOVERNMENT issued dollar bill. Can you believe it?? I wonder who thought of putting that on there....and when?

Isn't this whole "get God out of everything" going a little far with the secularist left? Our founders never intended for things to go this far when it comes to seperating church and state. They just didn't want the persecution of religous beliefs. I don't think that is really a worry in this day in age. At least not in the U.S. Maybe in China, or North Korea, but, not here.

To each his own, but, I can't imagine not going to church and worshiping on Sunday's. I find it kind of sad, and disturbing, when some say they think its crazy, and riducule it. But, again, to each their own. That's also the beauty of this country.
skicat2001 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2012 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by john b john b wrote:

Originally posted by skicat2001 skicat2001 wrote:

Religion is the cause of most problems. How would someone who professes to be religious and love others call a person of different religious beliefs the anti Christ. Nothing but hypocrites who don't follow the teachings they say they hold so near and dear. More people have been killed in wars over religious beliefs than any other cause. I know, You're different because yours is the only religion that is right.
I am probably the anti Christ because I believe it is all B.S.

Man I really feel sorry for you. I hope somewhere in life your faith will be saved.

Feel sorry for me? I am not the one who believes in talking donkeys, talking snakes, rivers of blood, walking on water, parting seas, every animal on the earth living together on a boat (not even a CC), raising the dead, a cracker being a person's flesh, wine being a person's blood, the sun standing still....... You get the picture.

How morbid... But whatever it is your life. Everything has a purpose in life. And athesim does not.
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2012 at 2:21pm
I agree with you dave and david. Our intentions with God and goverment are not crazy as they think. But the leftys are weird anyway.

And BTW Mr Washington and Mr Jeffereson when they where writing Constitution and Decleration of Indepence to keep the values and love for God in it but not to go crazy with reliegion in the 2. Keep the values in so goverment could never over power what life is really about.

1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

MattB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2012 at 3:03pm
I love this thread...its been an amazing insight into everything but though I needed to throw my 2 cents in.

Quote Everything has a purpose in life. And athesim does not.

A belief that there are no deities is in my opinion a perfectly valid belief and one that should be respected. I am not a religious person despite being brought up in a christian way and being baptised at a young age but I believe in science and things that can be proven, I'm not sure and not convinced by anything else...Darwinism.... (its a whole other argument that I should avoid)

Does being a good person mean that you are or should be religion? Love thy neighbor? I treat friends/family and strangers with the same respect that I would like in return and do not judge people on thier beliefs, each to thier own...

Politics and Religion should never be mixed up, sure a politician can stick to thier beliefs and uphold what they think to be correct but that's as far as it should go.

Quote Keep the values in so goverment could never over power what life is really about.

Isn't the key word there VALUES? are they Human values rather than Religious values? or are they the same?

How bout a visit to the Brick Testament it has a way of putting some things in perspective.
http://www.thebricktestament.com/

We are in some cases a few steps away from the Inquisition so maybe its worth looking up the "malleus maleficarum" to see how things should be done

dochockey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dochockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2012 at 3:11pm
Love thy neighbor but don't get caught Religion is the biggest brainwashing there is .
1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish
65 'cuda View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65 'cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2012 at 4:02pm
Religion may be brainwashing but faith certainly is not. Athiesm is faith, so are any other number of beliefs. "Love your neighbor" is a great start to live your life by.

Keep it simple, most things really are!
65 'cuda View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65 'cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2012 at 4:32pm
Religion may be brainwashing but faith certainly is not. Athiesm is faith, so are any other number of beliefs. "Love your neighbor" is a great start to live your life by.

Keep it simple, most things really are!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2012 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

OMH,
Sorry you took it that way. I support your right to believe in whatever you want to believe in. I am offended by those who offer me pity for my beliefs. I expect respect in the same magnitude for my beliefs, as religious freedom, or my choice to dismiss religion, is just that, my choice. I don't want anyone imposing their religious beliefs on me, my wife, my daughters, or their uteruses.
Stating my beliefs is not "crapping" on yours. Once again it is just a difference of opinion.
BTW, I am an ordained minister!
Sincerely,
Reverend John Beeman.

John, Lee did open the door, but it is your choice how you enter the room. What I got out of your statement was what you did not believe in.

John, This post has had me doing some self examination. I feel about global warming as you seem to be saying you do about God, a lot of people believe in it but it is not proven science. The same was true for the belief that the earth was flat, that the earth was the center of the universe, and diseases could be cured by leaches sucking out your blood. All consensus thinking but not proven by the scientific method. I see global warming as nothing more than a faith based religion, and when I enter the argument I tend to enter like Kreamer, and state what I do not believe. I will try to do better. At least you get the benefit of the separation of church and state, I get the states sponsorship of global warming thrust upon me.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2012 at 9:13pm
Lee, you can catch more flies with honey than you can with vinegar.

Of course you can catch the most with a dead gopher, but that is not really relevant here.
1987 Ski Nautique

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2012 at 9:16pm
"In God We Trust"

Religion has nothing brainwashing to it. I swear. I know this thread kinda take a turn but you folk who dont believe, SERIOUSLY!!
How do you think things where created?? Just popped out of the ground, and pooofff there is a tree and there is water. Oh what about human life. How you think you where created?? Adam, and Eve... Why do we have sin, which means evil in this earth?? UUUMMM God told them dont eat the forbidden fruit, but the ol serpentin (the devil) said go ahead and eat it...

Yes if you are a non believer just follow the ten commandements.

ONE: 'You shall have no other gods before Me.'

TWO: 'You shall not make for yourself a carved image--any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.'

THREE: 'You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain.'

FOUR: 'Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.'

FIVE: 'Honor your father and your mother.'

SIX: 'You shall not murder.'

SEVEN: 'You shall not commit adultery.'

EIGHT: 'You shall not steal.'

NINE: 'You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.'

TEN: 'You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor's.'

1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2012 at 9:20pm
I am really sick to see you guys are non believers. I am not going to make a big deal anymore but have mercey on your souls..
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Hansel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hansel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2012 at 10:23pm

John, This post has had me doing some self examination. I feel about global warming as you seem to be saying you do about God, a lot of people believe in it but it is not proven science. The same was true for the belief that the earth was flat, that the earth was the center of the universe, and diseases could be cured by leaches sucking out your blood.

Dave, could you please explain to me how you have come to equate a belief in God with "global warming"? How has this become a tenet of faith for you?

Have you personally ever seen that the earth is not flat?   

Have you personally ever seen the whole of the universe and where the Earth is relative to it?

Have you personally ever seen a bacterium or a virus or a cancer cell?

What do you mean when you say...

All consensus thinking but not proven by the scientific method.

To me, a professional scientist, you seem to have essentially no grasp as to what science, or the scientific method, is. I struggle to understand how you are so quick to dismiss "global warming" as some kind of scientific fraud but you are more than happy to embrace a myriad of other scientific advances that, conveniently, are not in conflict with your a priori world view. I know you are a nice guy, but this is the most intellectually lazy and dishonest kind of thinking and it is one of the few things that I have a very, very hard time tolerating.

I see global warming as nothing more than a faith based religion, and when I enter the argument I tend to enter like Kreamer, and state what I do not believe. I will try to do better. At least you get the benefit of the separation of church and state, I get the states sponsorship of global warming thrust upon me.

"Global warming" is not a faith-based religion. It is a well-supported concept of how the world works, tested through the scientific method, and having the support of 97-98% of the world's most influential climate scientists.

If I came to your work and told you that you were doing things all wrong and that your construction methods were just your opinion or a matter of faith and that you were using them to take advantage of me, but I'd never worked a day of construction in my life, I think that you'd be pretty defensive and rightfully so.

There is NO DIFFERENCE here. When you casually dismiss climate science because, well, you just happen to know better and suspect that it is some kind of power grab, you insult every scientist who has dedicated their life to understanding how the world works. I can personally tell you that it is a lot of very smart, very nice, very dedicated people just like you.

Look, I know I can't convince you that "global warming" is real. But I want you to know that when you do that you are saying "I know better than the professionals/experts." That is an EXTRAORDINARILY ballsy thing to say.

Science is not an agenda. It is not a scheme to get money, or take power. I hear all the time that "global warming is cooked up by scientists so that they can get more money." That couldn't be farther from the truth. In fact many of us study it because it is the only way to get funded as budgets shrink and the governments of the world become increasingly invested in understanding what is likely to happen in the future.

You don't have to "feel" anything about global warming in the same way you don't have to "feel" like the Earth is round or "feel" like fertilized fields grow more corn. Science isn't waiting on you to "feel" OK with it for it to happen. You don't get to choose reality. If I wanted to "feel" that the Sun won't come up tomorrow that will not stop it from happening, and if I got on a corner tonight and started shouting that people would laugh at me and they would have good reason to. I am not laughing at you, but I do desperately want to know how in the world you think that you can just dismiss this particular bit of science so casually.

I hope that you respond to this and please forgive my somewhat personal rant, but I come across this all the time and as I say I have a very very hard time understanding this mentality. Science is not a religion, and I am sorry if you for some reason think that it is. And please don't even bring up "climategate" unless to say that every group that ever investigated it found no evidence of fraud or wrongdoing. If you appeal to "climategate" as evidence of the "global warming hoax" then I will once more again ask how you have decided to give your "feelings" priority over broadly accepted fact and we will be right back where we started, with you picking and choosing reality and me wondering how you have come to this point.
dochockey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dochockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2012 at 10:40pm
Wow Lee you feel pretty strong about your beliefs and that's great! I do believe in the golden rule and I tells my kids constantly, Do onto other as they do on to you      ok kidding aside
I personally don't believe in the same way as you but that's ok people can still be friends and disagree.
1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish
dochockey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dochockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2012 at 10:42pm
I love everybody
1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish
GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2012 at 11:11pm
Debunk time:
Can the president set gas prices?
Did Obama stop all drilling? Or did it increase?

Read and become enlightened.

The Answers

Complexities of oil prices explained
This is the life
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2012 at 11:18pm
[QUOTE=skicat2001] "In God We Trust"

Religion has nothing brainwashing to it. I swear. I know this thread kinda take a turn but you folk who dont believe, SERIOUSLY!!
How do you think things where created?? Just popped out of the ground, and pooofff there is a tree and there is water. Oh what about human life. How you think you where created?? Adam, and Eve... Why do we have sin, which means evil in this earth?? UUUMMM God told them dont eat the forbidden fruit, but the ol serpentin (the devil) said go ahead and eat it...

Are you alright??
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2012 at 12:28am
Originally posted by GlassSeeker GlassSeeker wrote:

Debunk time:
Can the president set gas prices?
Did Obama stop all drilling? Or did it increase?

Read and become enlightened.

The Answers

Complexities of oil prices explained

Okay, okay, I give up!! Obama is a pro oil/fossil fuel guy. I think after looking at the 48th chart, I am a believer, and my eyes also went crossed

Who you guys trying to convince that Obama is pro oil? Its the furthest thing from the truth, and "most" people know it. Of course he wants high oil prices to force us all to algae-powered econoboxes....except during an election year that is.

I filled the Taurus up today, and it was $72. Day-UHM!!! Its getting crazy. It was over $4.00/gal. in the Chicago area.    

Everybody all together now.....More Oil.....More Oil.....More Oil....More Oil!!!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2012 at 12:51am
Originally posted by dochockey dochockey wrote:

Wow Lee you feel pretty strong about your beliefs and that's great! I do believe in the golden rule and I tells my kids constantly, Do onto other as they do on to you      ok kidding aside
I personally don't believe in the same way as you but that's ok people can still be friends and disagree.

I am glad you do my friend.. I love everyone of ya. Yall are my family and friends. If I can help and spread something good and help someone I will in words. I may never meet you in person but we own CC'S and how people talk to one another on this site, I feel I known you from somewhere talking boats. Being a christian is spreading the word and wanting to help others.
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2012 at 12:53am
Originally posted by peter1234 peter1234 wrote:

[QUOTE=skicat2001] "In God We Trust"

Are you alright??

I am doing good my brother..
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2012 at 2:40am
SERIOUSLY, follow the fossils!
That is all.
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2012 at 4:36am
Originally posted by Hansel Hansel wrote:

Dave, could you please explain to me how you have come to equate a belief in God with "global warming"? How has this become a tenet of faith for you?

Have you personally ever seen that the earth is not flat?   

Have you personally ever seen the whole of the universe and where the Earth is relative to it?

Have you personally ever seen a bacterium or a virus or a cancer cell?

What do you mean when you say...

All consensus thinking but not proven by the scientific method.

To me, a professional scientist, you seem to have essentially no grasp as to what science, or the scientific method, is. I struggle to understand how you are so quick to dismiss "global warming" as some kind of scientific fraud but you are more than happy to embrace a myriad of other scientific advances that, conveniently, are not in conflict with your a priori world view. I know you are a nice guy, but this is the most intellectually lazy and dishonest kind of thinking and it is one of the few things that I have a very, very hard time tolerating.

I see global warming as nothing more than a faith based religion, and when I enter the argument I tend to enter like Kreamer, and state what I do not believe. I will try to do better. At least you get the benefit of the separation of church and state, I get the states sponsorship of global warming thrust upon me.

"Global warming" is not a faith-based religion. It is a well-supported concept of how the world works, tested through the scientific method, and having the support of 97-98% of the world's most influential climate scientists.

If I came to your work and told you that you were doing things all wrong and that your construction methods were just your opinion or a matter of faith and that you were using them to take advantage of me, but I'd never worked a day of construction in my life, I think that you'd be pretty defensive and rightfully so.

There is NO DIFFERENCE here. When you casually dismiss climate science because, well, you just happen to know better and suspect that it is some kind of power grab, you insult every scientist who has dedicated their life to understanding how the world works. I can personally tell you that it is a lot of very smart, very nice, very dedicated people just like you.

Look, I know I can't convince you that "global warming" is real. But I want you to know that when you do that you are saying "I know better than the professionals/experts." That is an EXTRAORDINARILY ballsy thing to say.

Science is not an agenda. It is not a scheme to get money, or take power. I hear all the time that "global warming is cooked up by scientists so that they can get more money." That couldn't be farther from the truth. In fact many of us study it because it is the only way to get funded as budgets shrink and the governments of the world become increasingly invested in understanding what is likely to happen in the future.

You don't have to "feel" anything about global warming in the same way you don't have to "feel" like the Earth is round or "feel" like fertilized fields grow more corn. Science isn't waiting on you to "feel" OK with it for it to happen. You don't get to choose reality. If I wanted to "feel" that the Sun won't come up tomorrow that will not stop it from happening, and if I got on a corner tonight and started shouting that people would laugh at me and they would have good reason to. I am not laughing at you, but I do desperately want to know how in the world you think that you can just dismiss this particular bit of science so casually.

I hope that you respond to this and please forgive my somewhat personal rant, but I come across this all the time and as I say I have a very very hard time understanding this mentality. Science is not a religion, and I am sorry if you for some reason think that it is. And please don't even bring up "climategate" unless to say that every group that ever investigated it found no evidence of fraud or wrongdoing. If you appeal to "climategate" as evidence of the "global warming hoax" then I will once more again ask how you have decided to give your "feelings" priority over broadly accepted fact and we will be right back where we started, with you picking and choosing reality and me wondering how you have come to this point.

Jammin,To answer some of your questions. Yes I have been on the ocean and witnessed the curvature of the earth, and I have seen photos from space, and have a sister who have circumnavigated the globe on a geological exploration ship (the Joides Resolution) which took plate tectonics from being considered theory to fact. So yes I am reasonably confident that the world is round.

I have seen bacteria under a microsope. I have not seen the whole universe but I have marveled at the night sky.

Now to global warming, I know you are young and a recently indoctrinated college graduate and I am sure you are eager to believe that you have the latest and greatest education, I am sure of this because I remember being there. I remember learning about this
1974, Time magazine, another ice age

I learned from these great scientists that man burning fossil fuels was blocking the sun and cooling the earth with devastating consequences. So I kept my snowmobile tuned up and waited,and waited,.........and nothing happened. the rest of the world forgot, but I did not. A great man once stuttered, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice....we cant be fooled again.

I may not be a scientist, But I observed, studied and learned. I became aware that the only thing constant about our climate is change. One year we had a ton of snow, another bitter cold. another a drought, another a super storm that dropped 17 inches of rain in just hours. Every year we had high and low "records "set. I recognized this as weather, In Minnesota we say If you don't like the weather wait an hour and it will change.

Here is a nifty chart that shows just this.

I also seen the environmentalist movement using everything it can think of to guilt or terrorize me into behaving the way they want. They implemented and raised standard to the point where we have the cleanest air and water that we have seen in over 100 years. they have been so effective that they have run out of things for us to be scared of. The 20, year supply of fuel that we were supposed to run out of by the year 2000 now is said to have another 50 years reserve. We have not run out of drinking water, and we have not had to equip our bird population with SCBA.

So along comes Al Gore with global warming, telling me the world has a temperature and if we don't do the exact things environmentalists have been trying to get us to do for the last 50 years the world will dry up like a prune and we will all die (ok I am being a little dramatic for effect. I learned it from the environmentalists!). I took this news with a healthy bit of cynicism. And what is the poison that will kill us all? CO2, which is everywhere, always has been always will. Which makes it the perfect enemy because it will never go away, we will be forced to change our behavior forever. This is what I know about CO2. CO2 is a beneficial trace gas that exists in such small quantities in our atmosphere, that the idea of it playing any significant role in determining our climate is simply silly. CO2 comprises less than half of 0.1% of our atmosphere, and only 4% of it comes from human activity. That's 16ppm, or 1 part in every 62,500 parts of our atmosphere. CO2 is plant food, and a key component in all life on earth. Plants need CO2 to grow and produce oxygen. They feed animals (including ourselves). Animals in turn consume oxygen and plant-based foods, and exhale CO2. Without CO2, nothing could be green!(OK I copied and pasted what someone else knew about CO2).

Then something funny happened, it stopped getting warmer, so global warming became global climate change, so no matter what the weather does they can still make us change our behavior. And the reasoning? they're actually saying that the reason that it hasn't been warming for the last 12 years is that China and India are now burning such a massive amount of coal, that it blocks the sun's rays from reaching the earth and warming it. That's right! Our use of fossil fuels is warming the earth, while China's is cooling it? How stupid and gullible do they think we are?

From my simple minded perspective I have always seen the sun as the source of heat for our world. check out this chart.

The sun has cycles, and they seem to effect the earths temperature. And Mars and Jupiter, and Neptune's moon Titan, have all followed the exact same warming and cooling cycles as the earth during the 20th century? Does anyone think that our SUVs and power plants are causing the same climate change on other planets and moons in our solar system, or is it more likely that the changes there were caused by the fact that we're all in the same solar system?

That is why I am skeptical of global warming.along with this statemant from a bright young scientist. "In fact many of us study it because it is the only way to get funded as budgets shrink and the governments of the world become increasingly invested in understanding what is likely to happen in the future." So if you are worried about shrinking budgets, and climate change is your cash cow, would you not have a incentive to keep the cash cow fed?

You dont have to believe me, check out this transcript.I believe you will find him a credible scientist.

Reconsidering the Climate Change Act Global Warming: How to approach the science. Richard S. Lindzen. Program in Atmospheres, Oceans, and Climate
Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Seminar at the House of Commons Committee Rooms Westminster, London 22nd February 2012.

link

The scientific method doe s not determine things by consensus, it requires definitive evidence from duplicable experiments, but you know that. We are learning lots, but definitive proof has not been achieved in regards to climate change, the model is to complicated, yet many people have extremely invested themselves in this unproven science, and are willing to accept the consensus on faith. That Is why I feel safe calling it faith based.

Making major negative economic changes based on the current information available is a leap of faith I am not willing to make.   
1987 Ski Nautique

MattB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2012 at 8:19am
Quote SERIOUSLY, follow the fossils!

This is pretty much how I was created.....

Thank God for "Correct Craft" otherwise there would be nothing in common bewteen us all
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2012 at 8:30am
OMH
According to you all science is faith based, since science can never be proven, it can only be proven to be false.
Substitute world beer consumption for sun activity on your chart and it will show that the increase in global beer consumption is causing an increase in temperatures.
You choose to believe in talking donkeys and the sun standing still, but not science. Very interesting!
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2012 at 8:58am
if religion was so deep rooted the churches would be full, but before science when a tornado blew through, you ran to church and prayed, as science started to explain things the pews started to empty. really at one time people thought the gods were angry???? this is a tough subject
"the things you own will start to own you"
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2012 at 9:00am
all i can say is to this day, we would have a very hard time moving a 1000 ton boulder, and spinning tool marks 5000 years ago, it opens a new door on theories??? and if you look at it this way, why would you want such a diffucult task of moving 1000 ton boulder 5000 years ago, if it couldnt easily be done?
if you guys can explain this, i will go to the right side lol
"the things you own will start to own you"
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2012 at 10:44am
John B You claim to disbelieve in religion but also claim you are an ordained minister. You haven't explained how that can be. It seems hypocritical to me as the two appear a contradiction. Care to clear this up for my simple mind?

If you can be a minister and not beleive in religion it makes it hard to believe anything else you say. I dont care what you do or not believe, but throwing in that your a ordained minister threw me. Ordained to what organization?
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2012 at 11:06am
looks like almost everything has been covered here except how to kick up manufacturing our own products here again and opinions on immigration ..
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
MattB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2012 at 11:15am
I'm sure that now Mr Obama has started a new passenger service using Air Force one for visiting PM's there will be something relating back to much earlier posts. He might not be using it as much himself but I am sure Our very own Mr Cameron will enjoy it on a regular basis
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1415161718 26>
  Share Topic