NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gas Prices.. falling anywhere?

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
Author
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2012 at 12:52pm

The mission of the Energy Department is to ensure America’s security and prosperity by addressing its energy, environmental and nuclear challenges through transformative science and technology solutions.

There are agencies that deal with manipulation of markets creating artificially high prices.. of course every appointment to those agencies has been filibustered by the republican minority in the house.

The Chinese/europeans/japanese/koreans are winning the clean energy race that will determine the leaders in the world your children will inherit, as much as we want to complain about excessive government spending on wind, solar, batteries, etc and the US companies that have gone bankrupt after recieving grants and loan guarantees in every case they went bankrupt because they were competeting against a much more heavily subsidised (like 10-100 times more)foreign entitiy like the chinese solar cell producers and the korean battery manufacturers.

Either we want to live in world where we use american technology and ingenuity to compete with first world countries on future technologies, or we want to enter into a race with saudi arabia and iran as to who can rape our land of all its natural resources quickest while at the same time destroying the environment as necessary.

Anti wind power propaganda is just that, propaganda. I have yet to see a windmill set a single persons well water on fire, or produce a drop of acid rain. You really have to contort yourself sideways to find a legitimate environmental concern with windmills. It is a long term solution with paybacks that take more than a single generation.. it will need government support to compete against established energy sources that have already had centuries of government support. The us does not want to be behind in that technology. Short term solutions and technologys are the realm of private business.. america has always worked best when the federal government supported long range development.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2012 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

Anti wind power propaganda is just that, propaganda. I have yet to see a windmill set a single persons well water on fire, or produce a drop of acid rain. You really have to contort yourself sideways to find a legitimate environmental concern with windmills. It is a long term solution with paybacks that take more than a single generation..   

You need to be more open minded towards wind power. It aint all propaganda from the antis. I thought it was a great idea 10 years ago when our then governor declared wind to be the State of Maine's greatest natural asset. Coming in to a pristine area and forever changing mountain tops to install wind towers has a significant negative affect on the area and its people. Liberals and conservatives that live in those areas are pretty much in agreement on how they feel about wind power.
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2012 at 1:09pm

And no it is not the job of a government office to control the price of a global commodity I am shocked that any conservative would even consider such a thing as being part of the role of government.

Geeeze, imagine this post getting political..

Why then, did Obama, Poloisey, and Hillary use it as a political tool when slamming the "Repub's 2 buck gas" a few years ago?

BTW, $3.76/ gal this morning, back to pre-Issac prices... Lets see, up 30 cents overnight, back down .30 in two months... AND we are HAPPY about it.

........What a great country!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2012 at 1:11pm

if Romney destroys the economy to the point where nobody is willing to spend any money on anything just like bush did then yes gas will be $1.86 again.

Willing to spend and able to spend are 2 completely different things.
My very basic math says WTF to that Joe.

My annual gross revenue averaged over the 17+ years I have been in business:

Bush Admin +25%
Current Admin -65%

Don't be a hater Joe, your boy is a puppet, he needs to go!!

BTW, apparently gas is free on my dock, somebody siphoned out Hollywoods boat at some point this summer.
snipe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snipe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2012 at 1:25pm
Gas is $3.49 in Menomonee Falls, WI. (That's today 10/17/12) It depends on where you drive. It can be one price at one place and another right across the street. Go figure.
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2012 at 1:26pm
The fact is when gas prices go up they do it immediately and disporportional to the time and amount they come down. Consumer is always the one getting it up the a$$!
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2012 at 1:29pm
If you want to blame the losses of 2009 on obama when it was bush that created that situation and signed the budget for that year then yeah obama really screwed us.    

I am looking at my 401k happy that it is finally making progress again and thinking there is no way I can afford another republican in office for at least another 4 years.

2 dollar a gallon gas can only come out of OPEC nations.. the price of having gas prices at that level for years was keeping in power dictators that ruled thier people with an iron fist to keep the place stable enough to provide uninterupped low cost oil. Whether we want to continue living in that world or not the people of the middle east apparrently don't. American simply can't and shouldnt want to win a race to the bottom where the lowest labor costs and lowest gas costs prevail.   
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2012 at 2:00pm

Not to get too political here, but I feel today's price of gas (whether its 2 bucks or 4 bucks)is a minor inconvenience compared to what the national debt is ultimately going to do.

Sobering video?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2012 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by harddock harddock wrote:

The fact is when gas prices go up they do it immediately and disporportional to the time and amount they come down. Consumer is always the one getting it up the a$$!

Conservatives call that the free market.. supply and demand, nothing to see here.. move on about your day. There isnt much immediate Obama can do about it with the tea party running congress... but he cant say that in a debate or he will be beat up for blaming someone else.

I call it an unregulated free market, the only possible solutions are additional regulation or a planned economy where the government sets the price. Is that what you want, are you some sort of commie? This is america bend over and salute the flag!

Solution offered by Romney..
we drill more.. we have and as everyone has pointed out it hasnt done anything to help the price.

we should reduce regulations on oil companies... well how did that work out for us - Romney was right that oil production on federal lands fell 14% between 2010 and 2011 (it is way up over the course of the last 4 years but that one year it did fall). That drop is entirely due to the gulf oil spill and the aftermath, so letting them guys take care of themselves hasnt exactly proven to help provide a steady supply of cheap oil

Solution offered by Obama -

we should go after market manipulators - blocked by republican filibuster

we should cut demand by producing cars that use less gas - in progress but is going to take a few years (done without congress)

we should drill more to make sure global supply issues cant cripple us but we should do it safely - in progress (mostly driven by higher oil prices)

we should invest in alternate energy that will further lower demand - kinda in progress - we wasted a bunch of money by starting this but since 2010 we have not followed up and so the industries will die and therefore default on the loans we gave them while the koreans and chinese are getting a head start on the economy of the future.

The problem with romneys solutions of drilling and lowering taxes is that Obama already did them... cause that is the short sighted type of crap americans like and he wanted to get reelected. Romney does propose lowering regulations.. but not the ones that effect the small business man, those are all state and local ones he cant effect, all he can do is turn once again turn loose wall street to use my 401k to line thier pockets.   

Give me slow and steady recovery over voodoo economics anyday.

I am just glad there is only another 20 days of this nonsense!
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2012 at 2:34am

The mission of the Energy Department is to ensure America’s security and prosperity by addressing its energy, environmental and nuclear challenges through transformative science and technology solutions.

There are agencies that deal with manipulation of markets creating artificially high prices.. of course every appointment to those agencies has been filibustered by the republican minority in the house.

The Chinese/europeans/japanese/koreans are winning the clean energy race that will determine the leaders in the world your children will inherit, as much as we want to complain about excessive government spending on wind, solar, batteries, etc and the US companies that have gone bankrupt after recieving grants and loan guarantees in every case they went bankrupt because they were competeting against a much more heavily subsidised (like 10-100 times more)foreign entitiy like the chinese solar cell producers and the korean battery manufacturers.

Either we want to live in world where we use american technology and ingenuity to compete with first world countries on future technologies, or we want to enter into a race with saudi arabia and iran as to who can rape our land of all its natural resources quickest while at the same time destroying the environment as necessary.

Anti wind power propaganda is just that, propaganda. I have yet to see a windmill set a single persons well water on fire, or produce a drop of acid rain. You really have to contort yourself sideways to find a legitimate environmental concern with windmills. It is a long term solution with paybacks that take more than a single generation.. it will need government support to compete against established energy sources that have already had centuries of government support. The us does not want to be behind in that technology. Short term solutions and technologys are the realm of private business.. america has always worked best when the federal government supported long range development.

Joe, Wind mills kill 200 golden eagles each year, and thousands of other birds. People living near them also complain of headaches and annoyance. I was in duluth this weekend and following the great lakes shipping . One boat that came in was a dutch registered ship bringing in foreign manufactured wind mills. If we are not getting the manufacturing or shipping, how is this investment helping?
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2012 at 2:39am

If you want to blame the losses of 2009 on obama when it was bush that created that situation and signed the budget for that year then yeah obama really screwed us.    

I am looking at my 401k happy that it is finally making progress again and thinking there is no way I can afford another republican in office for at least another 4 years.

Joe, Bush signed the budget congress gave him. Obama was in congress and voted for the budget that gave him the problem he inherited.

Your 401k is doing well thanks to QE 1,2,and 3. Its all artificial, we are due to have tha bubble burst, and when the inevitable inflation kicks in from all the funny money we are printing your gains will be more than offset by the loss of your dollars value.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

AirTique98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AirTique98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2012 at 3:35am

Must be getting close to the election....$3.33 tonight over in Parma [JBear will know where that is] on my usual Wed. night out.
Bill
98Air Nautique

Former Owner:
1990 Ski Nautique
1981 Ski Nautique
1976 Ski Nautique
1971 Ski Nautique
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2012 at 4:16am
wow...cheap in Parma. BTW..just read where the Parma Town Mall was sold.

This weekend it was $3.50 something at Rocky Top in Tennessee but rose steadily as we got south on the way home. Saw it as high as $3.79 as we got off the highway.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2012 at 9:58am
Once again Joe, You write alot of words and say nothing. Your 401 may be doing great but I was better off four years ago, and yes I blame Obama for tricking many Americans into voting for him.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
  Share Topic