NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

While am at it ..

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
malibud View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: While am at it ..
    Posted: April-09-2014 at 10:26pm
Pulling the engine from 97' sport and replacing with a excalibur. Anything else I should do boat has 625 hours. Check damper plate. clean bilge any other ideas ?? Install paddle wheel for PP
thanks
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2014 at 12:05pm
What are you doing with the old motor is it junk? It's a GT -40 I presume
malibud View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2014 at 12:47pm
It has a cracked block I am pretty sure got down close to 0 . all freeze plugs popped out and the oil is milkshake. Going to mothball it till I can make sure all is good with new, used engine
Dreaming View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2014 at 2:37pm
check your steering cable, change cooling hoses, impeller, trans oil etc.   I'd just do the regular maintenance stuff, more because it's a new boat to you, and you don't know what has been done in the past. once you've done the routine maintenance, do a good shakedown cruise and pay attention to all the little details.   you'll probably find more to change.    
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2014 at 8:18pm
Since you're pulling everything you might as well pull the prop off and install a new strut bearing. Easier to pull the prop than the coupler from what I hear.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2014 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by malibud malibud wrote:

It has a cracked block I am pretty sure got down close to 0 . all freeze plugs popped out and the oil is milkshake. Going to mothball it till I can make sure all is good with new, used engine

Dam I'm looking for a '94 or newer block.
malibud View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2014 at 11:45pm
Update. So a couple blocks from my pick up spot the truck driver had to lock up the brakes for someone who decided they needed to take a left hand turn. Engine shifted crate broke. engine is lying on oil pan smashed with oil leaking out..... So filed insurance with a 500 deductible. Carrier already said its not their fault ...I think i maybe ok since I paid extra.
Might need new thread but
Can I use an Automotive oil Pan ?
Can I use automotive Pick up ?
Thanks
Dan   
GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2014 at 12:05am
so this happened after you /someone signed for it??? if it happened during shipment thats on the carrier.
This is the life
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2014 at 12:18am
Originally posted by gun-driver gun-driver wrote:

Why not get one out of a truck Paul,I think they were used until '96
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2014 at 1:03am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Originally posted by gun-driver gun-driver wrote:

Why not get one out of a truck Paul,I think they were used until '96

Can't find just a block, salvage yards around me want to sell the whole motor.

I agree with glasseeker if you didnt sign for it/accept delivery(which I hope you didn't) it should be on the carrier.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic