NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

No power

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No power
    Posted: April-22-2015 at 2:33pm
Not sure about a '99 Air, but my '89 has a master breaker at the back of the engine.

I would use a test light or voltmeter to find out where the electricity stops.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
billy mitchell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billy mitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2015 at 8:48am
We had been on lake Nottley near Blairsville , but we sold our place there last year . Now I'm just making some day trips to lake Oconee . I'm about an hour from there . We have tried Lanier but it really gets crowded there on the weekends .
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2015 at 10:38pm
Billy FYI there Are quite a few CC FANS in georgia. What lake?
1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billy mitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2015 at 10:24pm
Yes ,with those as well .The terminals and cables are clean .
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2015 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

with a terminal cleaner?

Originally posted by billy mitchell billy mitchell wrote:

cleaned them good with a wire brush

Terminals and cable connectors (ID AND OD) with one of these??

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billy mitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2015 at 9:32pm
cleaned them good with a wire brush , but I will remove the panel under the dash follow the cables from the battery and see if I can find the breakdown . it was almost like a cable was burning out the way power was draining so quickly when i tried to start . The last remnant of power faded away as I tried the horn for the last time .
Thanks !
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2015 at 8:42pm
Billy,
I suggest getting the VOM out and checking where you are loosing the power. Start at the battery. Did you clean the battery terminals and cable connectors with a terminal cleaner?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billy mitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2015 at 7:45pm
Ive got a 1999 air nautique that i put under shelter this fall . When i began opening the engine vavles to letthe water out for winter i discovered rain water had not been drained out of the bilge due to boat being left outside . I drained water out and atempted to turn over engine . When I did it seemed as tough the battery ran down to nothing in seconds . Now ive got my new fully charitged battery and cant get a light or anything to come on at all . I cant get power to my ingnition beaker at all . Is there a fuse or something between the battery and the ignition breaker and/or switch ? Thanks !
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic