Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Never again, Again !

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
wayoutthere View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wayoutthere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2024 at 4:12pm
I found some more silicone, and froggy's still missing, not too worried about him, all the voids are full of water.
Just a few minutes to cut out.

host image url

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wayoutthere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2024 at 3:04pm
7 households lost power at 1600 hrs yesterday because a certain neighbor behind me can't maintain their property. I have offered to use my truck tools time and money along with the access i have thru the yard to cut back clean up and remove the waste, all I ever hear is how rhe plants will get stressed.
So starting on monday i will begin forging a new relationship with code enforcement by stopping by the office 3 or 4 times a week to complain about it and several other mouthy nosey neighbors who have trees and sheds inside the pud&e and without permits.

No thanks by the way for 30 feet of gate on the north and 12 feet of gate on the south property to access the utilities by the power company, they were upset i wouldn't let them drive 26 thousand pound truck over the watermain concrete and lawn.

The boss did say thanks for runnin to dunkin at 0700 tho.

As i understand it the hurricane caused some serious damage over on the gulf side for which i am sorry to hear and the bs here in the 32905 in no way even comes close to what other people are dealing with this morning.

Also after a sleepless night worried about froggy, i am happy to say that while outside watching the power company and doing some clean up this morning froggy was found alive and well hanging out on the side of the house.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wayoutthere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2024 at 5:03pm
You are all invited to come on down and pick up the NINE bags of waterlogged foam scraped out of the 96 nautique., and tell me it doesn't weigh over 500 pounds.

That of course does not include the portion of the airbox that is foam filled or the stringers that water ran out of when i drilled drain holes in them.
There are 8 more holes to drill and i'll try to film them so you can see how bad they are waterlogged.

Plan is simple, cut the stringer tops off. Block up the boat, square it up and water level it side to side so the stringers can be ground down even/level by 1 full inch.

Most likely refoam the stringers and cap with 2 layers of 1208 and pull a mold.
The wide portion will stay wide as that is were every one jumps in the boat.

The stringers then get cut out of the 96 and get fit into the 84, maybe have to narrow the width
(see blue tape)
whatever happens i will have a stringer mold that will fit the NWZ hulls and at the least will know how to modify them to fit in the 01 hulls.

The 96 stringers are 26 inches apart
The 84 stringers are 21 1/2 inches apart the tie ins between the inner and outer stringers may need to shortened to fit (see blue tape)

In either case neither boat WILL NOT have foam filled floors and both will be fiberglass srringers not filled with foam.
3/4 inch, 6 pound corecell wrapped in 2 layers of 1208 or 1708 will bring that 1 inch back up to final elevation in the 96. The 84 will get the same floor to it's proper elevation.

BUYER BEWARE these things are sponges. Pull an engine mount lag and a transom or floor screw and stick a q tip in it. take it to the scales.

There was no dry foam anywhere and the hole i drilled by the driver seat i thought was gonna pop the fuse or shock me, it poured out of the tie in stringer.

I'll photo and measure the truck as well as post miles and weight slips after the dump on wednesday. Monday i got lawn and power washing in the morning and titles in the afternoon tuesday i got an appointment at 1400 and will be elbows and ***************s until that time.

I got video of the foam way up under the open bow completely saturated and running out.
I can pick the tongue up now that's how bad. I'll post the vid if theres any doubters.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wayoutthere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2024 at 5:49pm
On another note or two,
the last 3 days have been busy and i didn't find out until today how bad the hurricane was and how hard some states were hit and that there was loss of life.

Second, i wanna hear the constructive criticism or regular criticism concerning both rebuilds before either goes too far utilitarian and no puff. When i read slalom tractor i think 70's/80's range rovers before they went all poofy and started getting stuck on wet pavement.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wayoutthere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2024 at 9:39am
Woke up at zero 4 was at the gates before they opened. Post dump 1 3/4 inches

free image hosting

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wayoutthere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2024 at 5:49pm
https://youtu.be/6Llg7NYAH1Q?si=rSVIPBnNmcopDKld

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wayoutthere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Today at 1:27pm
Outboard stringers wet but not as bad as the rest of the boat, maybe 50 pounds from both.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wayoutthere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Today at 1:30pm
https://youtu.be/xmiB_I6yQYM?si=vc7csoR3ON-s6oOz

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wayoutthere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Today at 1:43pm
Somebody asked about the 84 2001 battery/cooler hatches, said i'd measure it tuesday, here ya go and if anyone can point me to the source for this speedo part off the 96 snob i'd appreciate it.
The wood panels measure, 15 7/8 inches X 11 inches, they are 3/4 plywood, the trim lip is 1/4 inch and rhe radius is 3 1/4 inches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wayoutthere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Today at 1:44pm

KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Today at 2:08pm
Originally posted by wayoutthere wayoutthere wrote:

if anyone can point me to the source for this speedo part off the 96 snob i'd appreciate it.

Those Airguide speedo pitots haven't been produced for quite a while now, but if you PM your address to the guy that your carburetor was donated to, he'll send you a couple of genuine replacements. (used but in good shape) Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic