NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Boat Dr. VS 1964 American Skier

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
Author
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2007 at 2:36pm
Joe, that was a crazy idea ,but it works,sent my xtra V/Drive to Eric today. Ater the water soak Saturday,made good sense to replace the 30 year old tranny with a new updated 04 style. Eric says it is stronger than my old 01 style, will replace dampner also.
30 year old starter gets a rest too,Arco still builds a new one,94.00 dollars is cheap ins.
It's still cheaper than a divorce...
Will try the 450 VS 600 and try to find a happy middle ground.The stumble is off idle when going WFO to get that parasail up,the nozzle is for the 450, not the 600. It is strong at full throttle from dead idle, just not as strong thru midrange, but a little higher top end and RPM's.
Just more bugs to iron out before G/Lake.............boat dr
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2007 at 3:10pm
Yeah just got one of them there ARCO's myself, your bugs are way ahead of mine I just finally got my engine in line at the dyno, still have to get it back and then remember all the little things that I have to buy to convert the boat back to a 351/408 from a 302. I swear after green lake I am not spending one more minute/dollar on "improvements" this year.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2007 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

I swear after green lake I am not spending one more minute/dollar on "improvements" this year.

If youre anything like me, those are famous last words.

Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

I dont plan on doing any exhaust work this year.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2007 at 3:58pm
I should have put a caveat on that, I still have a new jetski motor to install and a lift kit, tires, and softtop for the bronco, so really I meant improvements for the correct crafts this year...
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2007 at 9:39am

Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

I dont plan on doing any exhaust work this year.

You're kidding Tim, you actually said that before launching into your dual exhaust masterpiece. I didn't post a comment on your "pipes" thread, but it is very impressive work.

You guys are really knocking yourselves out this year with projects like that and boat docs restoration, jbears mods and Marks limey paint job which are also hugely impressive. I can't help but think this site helps to motivate those kinds of projects. Not in a one upmanship sense, but in a getting help and ideas from others and building off of those. I think there are probably a fair number of projects getting tackled that might not be, were it not for the info shared here. Another kudos to Keith and his site and all the folks that all contribute in their own way.
77stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2007 at 10:05am
hey Doc,

id say the final outcome of the Doc vs. 64 was a draw - you both came out as big winners.

boat is simply beautiful -

congrats on a terrific job
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2007 at 8:54pm
77,thanx for the atta boy, found out today I have major paint problems. Seems the white has reached a stage somewhere between medium hard and has not cured any harder. tried to buff and it was a f////ing mess......waiting on a call from Petit Paint to tell me what step B is..............boat dr
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2007 at 9:02pm
Boat doc, i was looking for something to break the greenhorn in on (fresh out of tech school) ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
"the things you own will start to own you"
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2007 at 11:17pm
Larry: Gotta agree with ya again.....one of the great things about this site is seeing what the other guy is doing to his ride.

And the BlondieGurl pics too. Thanks to MM for sharing.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2007 at 4:46am
Doc, Sorry to here about your paint problems. I think I remember you using Easypoxy. Correct? I sprayed the stuff for years and love it. One thing I have learned the hard way is that it must be sprayed in multiple coats with a min. dry time of 24 hours between. It doesn't have as much hiding qualities as other paint types. Interlux Brightside one part poly is the same. You may now have solvent entrapment in the paint. Any ideas from Petit yet? You may need to wet sand the top layer off, let it cure some more and shoot it again. How many coats did you spray?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2007 at 7:28am
Sorry doc, i didnt read about the paint problems, are you getting solvent pop?
"the things you own will start to own you"
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2007 at 10:16pm
doc sounds like your having just as good of luck with your boat as I am having with the BFN. I will give you a call tomorrow.
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2007 at 10:54am
Doc,

Sorry I'm late to the party... That boat looks fantastic! Sorry to hear about the paint problems hope it isn't too much more work to fix. sure looks great anyway. Engine looks bad ass!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
  Share Topic