NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Exhaust Manifolds...Ebay Find....Any good

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Exhaust Manifolds...Ebay Find....Any good
    Posted: February-15-2008 at 8:37pm
I am on the hunt for a set of exhaust manifolds for the '76 Southwind w/ 351 Ford.

I found these on ebay from an Interceptor motor out of a 60's Century Resorter. Starting bid is $99.00.   

What do you guys think? Any good? They are aluminum. Does that corrode like cast iron ones do?

By the way, I am not sure how to make the link below into a hotlink for this website. I hope it works.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/INTERCEPTOR-SBF-MARINE-EXHAUST-MANIFOLD-PAIR_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ31285QQihZ006QQitemZ160208643641QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Dave

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2008 at 10:03pm
Aluminum manifolds are fine- but I wouldnt suggest using them in salt. I dont know how they would last compared to cast iron. The same Interceptor manifolds were used on many Correct Crafts in the 60's. One difference is the elbow- its a bit longer than a simple 90 deg that came on CC's. I dont know if that would cause you motorbox clearance issues or not.

Where are you located? I have a set of Osco cast irons that I would sell for cheap- but theyre heavy, so shipping long distances might get expensive.
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2008 at 11:54pm
David,
a good tip for you... dont dangle candy in a pre school, all the kids will want to grab the bag....
"the things you own will start to own you"
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2008 at 12:37am
Tim.....sent you an email.

Eric....Huh???? Not sure what you mean. Hope I didn't say or post something out of line.
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2008 at 8:54am
Originally posted by davidg davidg wrote:

Eric....Huh???? Not sure what you mean. Hope I didn't say or post something out of line.

He's only saying that someone else may want it too!
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2008 at 11:00am
David, it doesnt look like your email came through. Try sending it again: TRBenj@gmail.com
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2008 at 1:58pm
it was said with a smile, i just meant that...I'll give you an example....I took a friend with me to look at a Donzi, it was a sweet deal and i made an offer and told him i needed a week to gather funds. in the meantime the boat dis-appeared.... a month goes by and the boat is sitting in the driveway of the friend of my friend.
I was very mad, mad to a point that....
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2008 at 3:03pm
Eric;

Wait a minute!!! You mean some of the fine folks on this site would do something like that? Please tell me its not true.

I thought maybe thats what you meant. Just wasn't sure. I am a little slow on the uptake.

Sorry to hear your friend, or perhaps now, your ex-friend, scooped you on the Donzi. Thats not right. Oh well, hopefully you just bought a classic Correct Craft instead.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2008 at 3:17pm
well, there is 3500 members on here and maybe just one or two may do that...
Oh, I got even with him, he was more of a second opinion and thats why i took him with me, He needed some tranny parts this summer and guess who the only guy around had them?
you got it me, normally i would just have given the parts to him but i nailed him for 5 bills.......what comes around goes around
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2008 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

He needed some tranny parts this summer and guess who the only guy around had them?

Oh, the precious moments in life...
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2008 at 6:36pm
life is a balancing act
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic