NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Boat - 1980 Martinique

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
Author
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Boat - 1980 Martinique
    Posted: September-23-2011 at 8:40pm
Me & HW just picked up this Boat from "Tate" down in 10RC, Thank You Tate!!

And no we did not pick it up with Snoop Dogs Ghetto Caddy, Thanks Johnny for driving & providing the tow vehicle!

1980 Martinique: Definitely needs a good rub & scrub but overall a really great boat with so much potential.

This AM, hooked up for the short ride to the launch:

On the water:

A little sluggish with it's current prop and only getting about 3900rpm

Gotta love it's BFN hull, look at that table!!

hasbeenskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2011 at 8:47pm
Tell me....did the bearings and hubs hold up the run home?
bj
hasbeenskier
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2011 at 8:58pm
Hey BJ,

$300 in Fuel & $200 in Tires, LOL, HW added new tail lights & wires before hitting the road, one of the tires changed from round to oval on the way so replaced both, spare should be fine as a spare.

Everything else was good, trailer is in really good shape, newer axle, bearings and paint job.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2011 at 9:01pm
Except for the goon behind the wheel, the boat looks good in the water!
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2011 at 9:02pm
Looks great guys! Nice purchase.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2011 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Except for the goon behind the wheel, the boat looks good in the water!

Chris and Kevin,
It found a good home!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2011 at 9:30pm
Looks like a nice ride.After the rub and scrub maybe you two can do the same for the boat What does it have for power?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2011 at 11:17pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

A little sluggish with it's current prop and only getting about 3900rpm

Obviously you gotta scrap that 13x14 and put a 540 on it!

Also check to make sure your secondaries are opening... it sure didnt sound like it in the video. If youre running 3900 (probably 40+ with that prop) purely on the primaries, youre doing pretty good.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2011 at 12:10am

Also check to make sure your secondaries are opening... it sure didnt sound like it in the video. If youre running 3900 (probably 40+ with that prop) purely on the primaries, youre doing pretty good.

OMG, well, i sure hope Kevin can figure it out since I know for a fact Chris will not be able to do it!! Damn, I just may have to do a "field" trip up there to give Kevin some assistance!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2011 at 12:36am
Good looking boat Quinner!
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2011 at 12:44am
No Question Timmy and HW have a vast amount of experience with sloppy secondaries however, Pete, did not know that was another area of your expertise .

Thanks Tom, it really has a great Retro Look, gotta love the 80's for more then just the music!
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2011 at 1:29am
Quinner,

Great find. Where are you going to put the 1000 Watt Sounds System? LOL

Donald
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2011 at 2:18am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Looks like a nice ride.After the rub and scrub maybe you two can do the same for the boat

LOL Gary!

Very cool looking boat. You guys are gonna love it! What a retro look with that silver windshield.

Enjoy...

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2011 at 3:16am
It just hit me that the Martinique is the boating embodiment of HW- barefooter at the core but gushing with style. What a snag!
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2011 at 12:21pm
love the lines of the windshield....nice lines overall.
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343
2017 Boatmate Tandem Axle Trailer

Former CC owner (77, 80, 95, 88, all SNs)

Former Malibu owner (07, 09)
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2011 at 12:32pm

WOW, love the look that boat has ....

Great lines..
Jbear, said to me wow if it was'nt for this site we would never had met for this to happen....
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2011 at 1:00pm
Good looking boat gentlemen. The caddy pulling it is classic.Must be a northern thing. NEVER see that down here in the south. They'd run you outta town or run over it with their truck.

Congrats guys!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2011 at 4:15pm
Very nice rare boat! I like that side vent windshield. Towing in style with that Caddy too. I think that is very cool!
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2011 at 8:02pm
Congrats, that is a great looking boat. Enjoy the rub and scrub.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2011 at 12:20am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

OMG, well, i sure hope Kevin can figure it out since I know for a fact Chris will not be able to do it!! Damn, I just may have to do a "field" trip up there to give Kevin some assistance!!

Chris,
be VERY CAREFUL letting Pete under the dog house... you might end up with a pair of Carter sidedrafts..

btw.. nice ride!

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2011 at 11:33am
Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

Congrats, that is a great looking boat. Enjoy the rub and scrub.

Sorry guys, couldn't help myself. Congrats, that's a gret looking boat.
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2011 at 12:34pm
Larry,
.......and I was just getting the picture of Kristof out of my mind....
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2011 at 1:03pm
Thanks for all the Props boy's!

Hoping this weather breaks so I can get a pull behind it this weekend.

If the secondaries are not opening any clues on a fix?
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2011 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

If the secondaries are not opening any clues on a fix?

Rebuild the carb... secondary vacuum/actuation circuit is most likely plugged. Check to make sure you can move the shaft/butterflies by hand first. If they do, then keep an eye on them while driving to see if they come in... if not, pull them in by hand (push up on the diaphragm lever). Thats a 2-person job, obviously.

Throw a smaller prop on there too, if youve got one sitting around!
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2011 at 6:42pm
CQ, let me know if you need a 540. Guessing HW has one? That'd be a good excuse to bring over a boat for a weekend.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2011 at 5:16pm
Put a Federal 13x13 on and it seems to run smooth, plenty of RPM though the tach cannot be accurate, climbed to 5k @ 35mph (GPS).

Johnny and I did a 24hr there-and-back trip to get the boat. Left at midnight Friday and returned at midnight Saturday. Thanks again Tate!

Hurried up past this accident waiting to happen.

Tire stop after we noticed the axle vibrating. Put Load D tires on, pulled great after that. Twisted belt?

Looked like a chipmunk running around the tire shop.

Would not leave me alone until we found his buddy hiding up under this truck.

New to me for a boat trailer. quinny put a snowmobile ski dolly under the sandpad, works great now!

Unfortunately the haul home didn't completely blow all the leaves out.

Two rotocast driver seats. Not original, but much more comfortable and functional than the original late 70s/early 80s seats. They'll definitely stay. Tate said Woody made the pylon for him.

Nice re-paint job on the stripes.

Notice the one and only Hydrodyne Barefoot Dyne in the background.

She floats and runs!

GLASS calm water last night.

Let's shred it up.

quinner's midlife crisis, 2 hatchbacks. I whould have gone with one red Corvette instead..

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2011 at 5:43pm
Nice find guys!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2011 at 8:51pm
Did you lose a fight with a weed wacker?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2011 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Kevin,
I'm sure glad you cropped this picture of the "lad"!! That damn goatee he's sporting the last time I saw him is really big time absolutely LAME!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2013 at 2:39am
tear down is going along, time to get one of those diamond cup grinding wheels though and get down to the hull.

Mars, I'm going to need your help putting this back together.

Muriatic acid rolled on and scrubbed. Still have some to finish or might just leave it like reidp does.

Spanned the attic opening with a few 4x4s.

Carpet removal was a MAJOR pita.

Interesting transom I haven't seen any boats with the center hump. Blocks added in here are for the inside platform brackets.

Up comes floor. Circular saw made a dusty mess. I much preferred the jigsaw. A little slower but MUCH cleaner.

All plywood under the floor has been complete mush, easily vacuumed up.

Foam has been surprisingly dry, certainly wet in usual areas but not that bad.

Refreshing the dash will be easy. Wiring harness has plugs on both ends.

Best $6.44 spent so far on the saw blade.

Shaft checks out straight.

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
  Share Topic