NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A buffalo’s first bowtie

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1213141516 22>
Author
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2008 at 12:52pm
you'd be fired for 2 leaks!!! lol
"the things you own will start to own you"
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2008 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

you'd be fired for 2 leaks!!! lol

I should be flogged anyway for getting Joe worked up after his gracious help on this thread!   LMAO

The 2 leaks go in the dain bramage file. I had a plug in place of the oil pressure sending unit for painting...but only finger tight. The other was the cap on my drain line...again, only finger tight. I only lost a few drops and I expect everything to grow back.

FWIW-The proform priming tool on the bench didn't give near the push of the modified distributer that I borrowed from Sherman(in pic).
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2008 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by backfoot100 backfoot100 wrote:

Your motor looks incredible by the way. I'm sure that you'll love the results as much as the effort.

Thanks Eddie! It has been a good bit of work, but I find the bigger challenge is keeping everyday life running as it should. LOL You all have sharp work on those engines and thanks for the continued advice!
1988 BFN-sold

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2008 at 4:12pm
Here is the Clear DUI installed for comparison.

-Joe.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2008 at 8:06pm
Pretty sharp Joe...I don't even see a fingerprint!
1988 BFN-sold

MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2008 at 9:10pm
joe..now all you need is a clear motor box, so you can see your clear cap at night!
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2008 at 12:13am
And if you are out at night and wanna ski...Skicat is your man.

To all you guys...there sure is some awesome lookin' motors (engines?) on here. Eddie...you and Tim take the cake. Love them log manifolds. I gotta dig mine outa the garage and start getting them fixed up to go on my '80.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2008 at 7:35am
Check out this Bad Boy!

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2008 at 11:43am
thats gotta be a magnifying glass in his hand, he's still trying to figure out what engine is in the boat   lol    i had too..
backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2008 at 11:44am
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you guys about your questions, but I had to go look up the answers.

Joe, as far as cost for the MSD setup, if you were to pay retail, that setup would probably run you about $450-$500 including the coil. I know that parts can be acquired for a lot less than retail if you know where to look or if you know someone.

MM, the spark plug wires are Accell 8.8MM 300+ Ferro-Spiral race wires. Came highly recommended from a gearhead friend that builds race engines (who is the one that recommended the MSD setup too). I must admit that they are nice. They look and feel exactly the same today as they did eight years ago, meaning that they are still very soft and flexible with no signs of cracks, melting or hardening of the wires or the boots.
When people run down to the lake to see what's making that noise, you've succeeded.

Eddie
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2008 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by MaddMarxx MaddMarxx wrote:

Check out this Bad Boy!

Would that be the motor or da man?

No night time pulls from me Jbear!
Greg

86 BFN
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2008 at 2:48pm

thats gotta be a magnifying glass in his hand, he's still trying to figure out what engine is in the boat   lol    i had too..

Nah, he was just combing his hair in the reflection of the valve covers. At least he has hair to comb!
When people run down to the lake to see what's making that noise, you've succeeded.

Eddie
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2008 at 4:21pm

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you guys about your questions, but I had to go look up the answers.

Joe, as far as cost for the MSD setup, if you were to pay retail, that setup would probably run you about $450-$500 including the coil. I know that parts can be acquired for a lot less than retail if you know where to look or if you know someone.

MM, the spark plug wires are Accell 8.8MM 300+ Ferro-Spiral race wires. Came highly recommended from a gearhead friend that builds race engines (who is the one that recommended the MSD setup too). I must admit that they are nice. They look and feel exactly the same today as they did eight years ago, meaning that they are still very soft and flexible with no signs of cracks, melting or hardening of the wires or the boots.

Pardon if its been covered, but MSD warns against Spiral-core wires used with its ignitions
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2008 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by GottaSki GottaSki wrote:

Pardon if its been covered, but MSD warns against Spiral-core wires used with its ignitions

Gottaski I think you might be working off old info, I just got this off of the msd support forum from a support tech.

"As long as they are a "spiral wound" or "radio suppression" type, they'll work just fine. Do not use a straight solid core wire. These emitt too much RF interference which can have a negative affect on any electrical component on the vehicle including the MSD."

1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2008 at 7:46pm
Gotta,
These wires are a Kevlar core fiberglass wrap and have a ferrite EMI/RFI filter. I've had no issues with any kind of RFI interference on any electronics to date.

Eddie
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2008 at 11:40pm
Thanks MM...never look under my cover so I forgot how nice my motor looks.

If you guys look close you can see I am grinning...thats because the guys made me hold that tool for the pictue. And eric...I know perfectly well that it is a Ford engine (motor)...it say so somewhere.

Tried to sneak one past ya Greg...didn't know if you were watching this thread.

john

PS: Congrats Buffalo...14 pages!
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2008 at 12:38am
jbear...It looks like you are going over "79 and backfoots" work with a fine tooth comb!
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2008 at 1:07am
some one needs to
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2008 at 9:50am
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

Thanks John, but I think the credit goes to you guys and CCF. The knowlege 'yall have is amazing; put it all together on a site like this and hold on! ...seems like we got 1 or 2 questions answered.
Here's where she sits till I get a few more parts and make a little progress on the honey-do list! LOL

1988 BFN-sold

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2008 at 11:29am
Ya gotta love a bowtie that looks that nice.

Eddie
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2008 at 11:41am
Originally posted by BuffaloBFN BuffaloBFN wrote:

Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

Thanks John, but I think the credit goes to you guys and CCF. The knowlege 'yall have is amazing; put it all together on a site like this and hold on!

Greg,
You should know that you might insult Boat Doc talking like that. The correct terminology would be all y'all seeing as you're referring to a number of people (plural). If you were just referencing a particular person, the correct term would be y'all.

At least I think that's right!!! I'm still trying to figure out bacerds yet, but I'm learnin'.

Eddie
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2008 at 11:45am
now the question is..........
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2008 at 12:12pm

Greg,
You should know that you might insult Boat Doc talking like that. The correct terminology would be all y'all seeing as you're referring to a number of people (plural). If you were just referencing a particular person, the correct term would be y'all.

At least I think that's right!!! I'm still trying to figure out bacerds yet, but I'm learnin'.

You have me on the punctuation, but yall has always been plural to me. Now if I was a cute blond southern woman with a thick belle accent who wanted something... LOL
1988 BFN-sold

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2008 at 12:15pm

now the question is..........

Now that's hateful...you already fired me for the 2 leaks?!!?

Who knows, I probably put the intake on bacerds! LMAO
1988 BFN-sold

skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2008 at 2:19pm
Bacerds, forwerd, run, don't run- we still don't have any water for you to put it in Greg! I guess it will have to be a trailer queen this year!
Greg

86 BFN
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2008 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by skicat skicat wrote:

Bacerds, forwerd, run, don't run- we still don't have any water for you to put it in Greg! I guess it will have to be a trailer queen this year!

C'mon man...where's your faith in the spring rains?!!? I'll have to admit though, that has been on my mind. The pumpkin (yes, Eric, it stuck!) will get broken in this spring. If the lake doesn't catch up a little, I'll just trailer queen it to somewhere else! John, Eddie, Reid, and some others I know live in surrounding states might show me around. LOL Besides, the hull needs some work before it'll earn that nickname.

There is a lighter side. Hall county(mine) has procured 400k to improve laural park 'for the bass tournaments'. That means they'll build a nice long ramp, and it's right across the street from me. I don't agree with the way that is coming around because it's to make us feel better about our empty lake, but it does mean that I'll have a safe way to launch...and I know where the channels are from my bottle collecting and from riding my dirt bike there as a kid!
1988 BFN-sold

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2008 at 9:38pm
Greg, 400K? Wow! That must be for a 1/4 mile long ramp!!

I do hope the corp figures things out and closes the dam.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2008 at 9:46pm
Pete you know better,thats 350K for the impact study and 50 for the actual improvement
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2008 at 8:34am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Greg, 400K? Wow! That must be for a 1/4 mile long ramp!!

It's supposed to have a strip mall at the light?!!? LOL (I'm kidding)
1988 BFN-sold

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2008 at 8:37am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Pete you know better,thats 350K for the impact study and 50 for the actual improvement

You're close Gary...350 for the impact study and 50 to buy votes. The 50 for the actual improvement comes in after the budget is extended.   
1988 BFN-sold

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1213141516 22>
  Share Topic