NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A buffalo’s first bowtie

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1617181920 22>
Author
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2008 at 3:19pm
Eric, sometimes best to question before you open your mouth and advise as to " you did it wrong".
Buffalo got her looking good, won't be long now.The days are getting longer ,time to reverse the process.......
R&R remove and replace, how come the remove is always the easiest of the TWO ???????
Ford blue is a pretty color......But you can't have it all.........
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2008 at 3:30pm
Greg, in the spirit of many things, you got the upgraded "wave warranty" as the UPS guy took it I waved good-bye

Boat doc, i bet you are still staring at the masterpiece
"the things you own will start to own you"
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2008 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by boat dr boat dr wrote:

R&R remove and replace, how come the remove is always the easiest of the TWO ???????
Ford blue is a pretty color......But you can't have it all.........

Doc, nice of you to stop by...and always after Eric?!!? LOL

As for R&R, I'm way ready to start putting it back together and would hate to have to take it apart again!

Chevy Orange...you should've seen Amy's face the first time she saw it! LOL She wasn't happy. Now that it has had time to cure and darken a bit...plus adding the black parts, she thinks I did OK?!!? ROFL
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2008 at 3:41pm
Eric, I see "VERY LITTLE HUMOR" in that statement,is that the warranty you give to all your clients or just the poor suckers you pull from OUR site.
Again I think that was in poor taste................Boat dr

My take on this site is not to make money off of it , but to be a guide to those that need direction.But above all to SUPPORT KEITH with donations that keep this tool open to all...............
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2008 at 3:52pm
Eric's yankin my chain; if he left 1 of those 50 cent C clips out of mine I'm sure he'd make it good. We're swapping inside jokes anyway.

I agree with Doc on the site and Keith. I've tried to do my share and I can't put in words how much better off I am from what I've learned from everyone!!!
1988 BFN-sold

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2008 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

Looks awesome. Nice casters.

The casters were your idea, thanks. I don't know why I didn't think of using them...they do 2 jobs now!
1988 BFN-sold

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2008 at 6:22pm
doc, i think you have a hidden agenda.....
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2008 at 6:28pm
May be that Ego , maybe not.............
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2008 at 6:32pm
will it make you feel better if i put up a banner add on the site? then I will feel as if i am taking from this site
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2008 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

Greg, in the spirit of many things, you got the upgraded "wave warranty" as the UPS guy took it I waved good-bye....If you feel this way towards Buffalo how do you treat the guy off the site.and if this dictates "A HIDDEN AGENDA"I guess I do...........

Boat doc, i bet you are still staring at the masterpiece

If you are speaking of that Bow Tie yes she be pretty, a lot of work, time and PRIDE is showing a something to be proud of.
If you are speaking of the tranny, a can of paint will make a turd look new, how well did you do the inside???????
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2008 at 6:44pm
who cares its under warranty
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2008 at 6:46pm
i was talking about the Bowtie, cause you have my masterpiece to stare at in your boat
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2008 at 6:55pm

If you are speaking of that Bow Tie yes she be pretty, a lot of work, time and PRIDE is showing a something to be proud of.

If you are speaking of the tranny, a can of paint will make a turd look new, how well did you do the inside???????

Do tell Eric...did you make the couple of mods you talked about or is it gonna haul a$$ in reverse?!!?

If yall are just in the mood...there's a rerun of Boortz to cover the net during local sports; it's from friday I think and he's on a tear!
1988 BFN-sold

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2008 at 11:36pm
Originally posted by BuffaloBFN BuffaloBFN wrote:

Here's a couple for Eric...sorry Doc, the distributer is still in the back!

Greg, Don't get a complex just because the doc has the idea that good engines have distributors in the front. Guess what, he forgets that Fords were in the rear as well until they had "a better idea". I still don't know what that better idea is!!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2008 at 11:48pm
Pete, if my memory is correct did GM move the spark plug wires to the front of their later V-8 motors.
Nah I must have been dreaming,but maybe not.I own both a Ford and a Z-71 and a Dodge Van and a Honda and a Yamaha outboard and a Honda 4 Wheeler and a Poulan chain saw and an English Setter and Three American Pointers and married a girl from Mississippi.
I am loyal to ??????????????
gigem75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gigem75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2008 at 12:34am
Mississippi, arn't da whar da family trees have no branches? just kidding, don't get all hacked off, my Dad, Grandfather, and his father were from Mississippi too, mainly the delta. Me, I was born in an airplane over Ethophia. My mom was having a hard time in labor and my Dad had to do an outside loop in a C-54 no less and with the negative g's, I just popped right out!
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2008 at 1:06am
That is the HOME OF THE BLUES, Greenwood area maybe??????What A place to call home......
Is that story true and if so what is the place of birth as stated on the Birth Certificate????????
gigem75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gigem75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2008 at 1:55am
Greenwood, Clarksdale

Not quite, but the form is #240 Foreign Service (corrected in Feburary 1945) Child born abroad of American parent or parents.
118th Air Station
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2008 at 12:48pm
fricken....powder blue, is that even considered a color?
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2008 at 1:06pm
Have you not discovered that this is a site for Correct Crafts, and if we did a poll what motor would be the most used in these older boats???? Bet orange was not in the hunt...
Your personal taste as to what is and what ain't deemed a color is a moot point.
Heard thru the grapevine you was doing a swap trade for a real boat,maybe then you will become one of us.A part of and not apart from, thats a nat place to be.
But you will screw that up with a late model GM, when you toss the Blue Oval motor in the trash pile
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2008 at 1:12pm
progress is taking over in the new boats, it just took CC a few years to figure it out lol
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2008 at 3:59am
The wave warrenty huh
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2008 at 10:25am
the wet warranty,   we talk alot about taking care of boats after you fix them, and if you want to go there too with out your back -up i will.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2008 at 3:40pm
Eric, you don't want me to go into anything on this site. AS it will get very messy for you my friend. I was being civil and thought the comment on the wave warrenty was funny. I was leaving our business in the dark. But if you want me to bring it to light I will bring it and the pictures so you tell me what you would like to have happen.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2008 at 4:18pm
It is messy now, no offense to anyone involved but this is certainly nothing for BuffaloBFN's thread at this point, please start another one if you must....
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2008 at 7:53pm
On a lighter note, what I think is my very last engine part is on its way from Woody. I'll try to get a clear pic up when it comes in.

Amy is happy about this! LMAO
1988 BFN-sold

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2008 at 3:02pm
Buffalo,

Please excuse me for being rude, that was not my intent. The motor looks sweet. I wish you the best for a problem free install. Nothing better then putting a fresh engine with no problems other then fine tuning.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2008 at 4:55pm
No worries 87. I didn't take anything as being rude and thanks for the compliment! My last part is the flame arrestor and I can't wait to see it. My regards to Woody if he sees this...super fine guy!

I'll have some questions for you when I get to the reinstall point. For starters, how is your trans cable routed? I'm not sure if mine was correct or not. Also, was your set up basically the way the factory put it? And what are the odds of you having some pics to that end?

Don't worry guys, I took tons of pics before I took anything apart. I even tried to take wierd angle pics, and I recommend this for anyone taking on a first time project.

Break's over...back to the patch!
1988 BFN-sold

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2008 at 4:13pm
Buffalo, the boat is my dad's right now. it will be home this week end happy to give you any pics you need. As for the cable routing I will have to look at it, been a long winter.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2008 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by 87BFN owner 87BFN owner wrote:

As for the cable routing I will have to look at it, been a long winter.

Who else has 1 in my year range...Tull, Foot? Mine was routed accross the top of the engine and I'm hoping this isn't the way it's supposed to be.
1988 BFN-sold

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1617181920 22>
  Share Topic