Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Star Flite/Collegian Restoration (by The Boat Dr)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Star Flite/Collegian Restoration (by The Boat Dr)

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
Author
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2011 at 11:25pm
Dang, I didn't receive the 'NEW' PICS !!
Also, no mention of the 'Poster' of the E-Bay 'Find' ?
You got any of the Nautalex left Billy? Enough for the Skylark? If so, bring it to SJRR and we'll settle up there. I've got the darker color on a roll but it's gonna be close. If I go back and section it off like it's OE look, I might have enough to do it, but I like that Sandstone color better!
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
uk1979 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uk1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2011 at 8:03am
Originally posted by MartyMabe MartyMabe wrote:

Dang, I didn't receive the 'NEW' PICS !!
Also, no mention of the 'Poster' of the E-Bay 'Find' ?
You got any of the Nautalex left Billy? Enough for the Skylark? If so, bring it to SJRR and we'll settle up there. I've got the darker color on a roll but it's gonna be close. If I go back and section it off like it's OE look, I might have enough to do it, but I like that Sandstone color better!

Sorry Marty, your now in on the story Look now.
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN
uk1979 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uk1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2011 at 12:01pm
Billy on his 3rd coat of varnish and mopping up a few odds and ends

Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN
connorssons View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connorssons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2011 at 1:38pm
What is in the seams looks way cool! I want one!
65 'cuda View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65 'cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2011 at 9:59pm
uk1979 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uk1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2011 at 6:30pm
Enjoy Guys not long now.

Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN
Ranger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2011 at 12:37pm
Wow, very impressive work.

I love those old boats.

Jeff
uk1979 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uk1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2011 at 1:12pm
Here is you Monday Morning wood Guys, now outside in the sun in all her glory

Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2011 at 1:58pm
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Wacko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wacko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2011 at 4:50pm
That looks really amazing. These wooden boats are works of art!!!
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2011 at 6:48pm
Thank you Roger for posting these pics for me. It has been a long time coming but we are almost home.......Water test is set for this week end,I will see if the "water gods" permit.........
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2011 at 9:34pm
Boat Dr. that thing is lookin' real good. Get yourself the keelguard in red to match that bottom paint and you'll be all set right? Seriously, it looks real good. Was this more of a refurb than an all out restoration? Looks awesome regardless.
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343
2017 Boatmate Tandem Axle Trailer

Former CC owner (77, 80, 95, 88, all SNs)

Former Malibu owner (07, 09)
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2011 at 12:35am
Steve I would say a combo of both. There was a total restore on the transom frames, and knees along with a new inner ply w/ 5200 barrier. The original planking was installed over that. The factory transom was not the built to last 55 years, after my repairs and mods it will last another 50....
Complete rebuild of the stock 312 , the only mods there were the Stainless Steel Intake and exhaust valves. Water test coming soon. ......Billy
uk1979 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uk1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2011 at 11:24am
Billy this is what you have done since Aug 2010 along with my 312 build and a month off shooting plus your day job too

Before

Now
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2011 at 8:08pm
Billy, as always great talking to you today! She looks beautiful. Wish I could be down at SJRR to see her in person!
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2011 at 1:44am
Check out those SWEET Brass--although not period correct-- Script Correct Craft hull badges
66 Skylark
93 SN
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2011 at 4:59pm
Here's the latest ENGINE pics GUYS!!!!

66 Skylark
93 SN
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2011 at 11:56pm
Billy,

Nice work. I am looking forward to seeing and hearing it at the SJRR.

Donald
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2011 at 9:00pm
MAIDEN VOYAGE GUYS !!!!!

66 Skylark
93 SN
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2011 at 10:36pm
CONGRATULATIONS BILLY!    

She's beautiful!

Not sure who's happier right now?

You cause you got her done or;

Karen cause she's got her husband back.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
sweet77 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweet77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2011 at 10:52pm
i will be at the SJRR standing by this boat taking names and money for the DR. while he is giving everyone rides in this of a correct craft
76 Nautique

"If you do what you always did,You'll get what you always got!"

"An empty wagon makes t
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2011 at 11:21pm
We made about a 20 miles loop , good oil pressure , temp guage about 150, full tank of fuel, so lets have a go......I still have not found that sweet 500 rpm idle that Roger has. A bit more carb work will solve that issue, I hope.
It has been a long journey to get her to this point, but will have to say, " this one is a keeper" nuff said.The ride is everything I had hoped it would be.Good power out of the hole and a decent top end,40 plus.....SJRR is getting closer....
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2011 at 11:45pm

Billy,

I would like to give that amazing boat a proper name on the stern.

If you are gonna give it a name:

"Second Chance"

Great work Billy...Love to see it at SJRR soon and the story.
I think you need to give Mr.Ralph a ride..

Dave

Jbear, said to me wow if it was'nt for this site we would never had met for this to happen....
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2011 at 12:44am
The name was chosen a while back, the sign painter is set for Monday.After a 3 day wait for the name to dry, I will add 3 to 4 more coats on the transom .
Next step , remove the hardware to a bare hull , 4 or more coats will complete the deck and then the final assy.........Maybe she will shine after a few more coats........
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2011 at 12:54am
Roger, Sorry about posting these last pics, but figured I save you some space on your pic 'allotment'.

Names--Huh??

"Finding Marty"

"Woodying Along"
66 Skylark
93 SN
uk1979 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uk1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2011 at 9:35am
Wow Billy there is not alot more we can add to how great she is its all over your face, to think this boat has not see water for close on 50 years and now on its first shake down, thanks all your hard work so we can all enjoy her
Thanks Karen for putting up with all us boat guys

Marty thanks for posting they needed to go up for all to see    
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2011 at 5:41pm
Billy,

She is a real beauty!!!
That big smile on your face says more than a thousand words...

- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

uk1979 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uk1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2011 at 3:10pm
More pictures on its second shake down real cool Billy

Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2011 at 3:51pm
Looks great Billy! Wish I could make it down to the River Run to see it in person.

Any chance it will be at GL?
uk1979 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uk1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2011 at 7:24pm
Here comes the name
Cheers Billy

Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
  Share Topic