NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need parts for 71 promo Nautique

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
Author
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2012 at 4:10pm
Side panels- now thats weird! Cant say Ive seen another SN with something like that. I thought they all got ski pockets or just had bare (splattered) gelcoat walls.

I havent owned any boats built between '73 and '78, I cant speak to when the shaft access port was added- but it definitely wasnt there by '72- so youre original there.

Reid knows the proper vinyl- youre in good hands! He's spent a lot of time helping JMurph get his '72 promo all spiffed up recently.

So is it single or dual pick up, fellas? Honestly, neither would surprise me!
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2012 at 4:16pm
Dual pick ups Tim..... and the side panels, like the ladder were supposely bought that way from the dealer in Texas.. Art has the ID number and said he'd do some digging after New Years...
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2012 at 4:52pm
i guess your right moj....it does have two hoses comming from the hull....so 2 it is!

tim..the (lack of)access panel may be original but i think i may add one for funcional purposes.
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2012 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by 67nautique312 67nautique312 wrote:

tim..the (lack of)access panel may be original but i think i may add one for funcional purposes.

Meh. I cant say Ive ever found them useful. Its not like the packing needs adjustment on a regular basis... and on the rare occasion you need to service it, its a lot easier to work on with that whole panel out of there. Ive never missed having them on my older boats. A big black port hole would stick out like a sore thumb against that new light colored vinyl! Just my 2 cents.
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2012 at 5:15pm
They make white access ports, but I agree with Tim.

Only "bad" is no port adds a couple of seams in the vinyl flooring.
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2012 at 5:27pm
not sure what i will do? and yes the seams would suck!
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2012 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by 62 wood 62 wood wrote:

Only "bad" is no port adds a couple of seams in the vinyl flooring.

Oh I wouldnt even consider making that panel non-removable- thats a must for being able to service things back there. I sure wouldnt want to be cutting the vinyl the first time I needed to get under there!

The '71-72 Skiers Ive seen had that panel screwed down, but otherwise 100% removable (with the aluminum trim on the edges). I cant say Ive seen a SN from that same era with the original floor still in it... but I would be surprised if it werent set up the same. There were floor seams everywhere in these boats- fore and aft of the motorbox. CC must have been buying plywood in small pieces back then!
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2012 at 5:55pm

not sure what i will do? and yes the seams would suck!

Confused? after seeing a few pics opf the old wreck ,you could cut your losses and bring her up to me!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2012 at 5:58pm
you wouldn't want this thing steve....it is Chrysler powered! and your a Bowtie man.
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2012 at 6:03pm

you wouldn't want this thing steve....it is Chrysler powered! and your a Bowtie man.

I've lowered my standards before.
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2012 at 3:32am
I was just looking at the ebay wheel again. Do the spokes look like they are a satin finish? Should they not be chrome?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2012 at 1:13pm
Steve,it's my guess there were 2 models.Both Johnb's and my boat,27 apart,had the chrome plated steel ones.Both were rusty and beyond economical repair. The 2 I have now are stainless and the one on ebay looks to be too maybe in it's original finish?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2012 at 1:24pm
They seem to turn gray if left out in the weather. Has anyone had any luck bringing back the color? The one that came with our '68 Cuda was chrome plated steel.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2012 at 2:53pm
I'll say Bruce! I just picked this one up and here you can see the
difference. I have a string buff for plastic so I tried it in a
spot.It made it shine more but no change to the color,it must be
sun bleached out.It came out of an early 70's Cavalier.

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2012 at 5:41pm
Paul,

PM me your address. I'll send you some faces for your speedos. Like Tim said, the original faces were printed on polystyrene and that is why they all look off-white or yellow. The ones I had printed, I actually had the shop add some pixels to the background so they wouldn't be too white. They look good in the boat.

P.S. I may be able to dig up another Speedo for you.

If anyone else out there needs any of the white faces, let me know. I'm glad to pass them along if they can be used. They are actually stickers, but I have just cut them out and laid them on the original faces and that has worked fine so far. It takes some patience, but it's nothing that any one of you couldn't complete with a minimal effort.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2012 at 11:12am
John...that would be cool!!! i'll send you my address and if you could come up with another speedo that would be GREAT!! can you send me pics of the floor in your boat after you put in that vinyl floor(Nautica shark gray i believe its called?)

Gary,....whatever i get will have to be close enough...period correct will work for me.... those two wheels look to be the same to me.

Paul,
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2012 at 1:07pm
Congratulations on the new member of the family Paul! She is a beauty! The new boat ain't bad either! Make sure you tell your girls Happy New Year! for me.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2012 at 1:22pm
Thanks Joe,

I have beuties all around me....i'm a lucky guy....were you ears burning? we were talking about GL and your name(and boat) came up in that conversation. They want another ride in that rocket you call a boat! Cant wait to bring the new Toy to GL...you comming?
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2012 at 2:00pm
I did find an extra speedometer from that period. Dropping all of the stuff in the mail to you today or Wednesday.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2012 at 4:44pm

Thanks Joe,

I have beuties all around me....i'm a lucky guy....were you ears burning? we were talking about GL and your name(and boat) came up in that conversation. They want another ride in that rocket you call a boat! Cant wait to bring the new Toy to GL...you comming?

Unless something unforseen comes up between here and there I am planning to make the trek way up yonder there this year...
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-01-2013 at 6:00pm
Hey Paul,   Remember me? you came to the lake and bought the motor box for the Classic.

Awesome find!

Did you find it in MO?

Have you found a 3rd Airguide?
I might have a matching plastic Dial Face for you.
If you are leaving the other two the way they are.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2013 at 10:34am
Al,

of course i remember...that motor box for my classic was the last thing i needed before i painted it....

i think Jmurph is sending me a guage for the motor box..and i plan on rebuilding all 3 of them. he is sending me the guage faces too....what a hell of a guy!

your boat is looking DAMN good!
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2013 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by Mojo Mojo wrote:

It's like this ladder. The original owner swears it's original O.E.M. stuff.. It certainly looks period correct, but who knows..

Looks like you need a Balance tube for that 3rd Speedo......

I have several that need homes....Email or PM me if ya need one.......

Steve
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2013 at 10:37am
Steve,

Mojo has a couple off of a 71 parts boat he's gonna send to me....i will let you know if i need one though...

thanks for the offer and i will keep you in mind.

Paul,
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2013 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by Air206 Air206 wrote:

Looks like you need a Balance tube for that 3rd Speedo......

I have several that need homes....Email or PM me if ya need one.......

Steve

Hey Steve, sent ya an email on the balance tube.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2013 at 12:12pm

Moj'

Funny thing here guys. When identifying the hull number, Art confirms that the boat was ordered with a special black side panel interior, undermount glove box and a "Black" steering wheel....

Sounds like the wood wheel we thing should be in the boat, may not be the case at all. But if the black wheels that CC used from 73 to 80-whatever wern't around back then, could that be the original , possibly aftermarket, wheel in the boat???? Never seen anything like it......

Also, no mention of the ladder as an ordered option..

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2013 at 12:26pm

Moj'

Funny thing here guys. When identifying the hull number, Art confirms that the boat was ordered with a special black side panel interior, undermount glove box and a "Black" steering wheel....

Sounds like the wood wheel we thing should be in the boat, may not be the case at all. But if the black wheels that CC used from 73 to 80-whatever wern't around back then, could that be the original , possibly aftermarket, wheel in the boat???? Never seen anything like it......

Also, no mention of the ladder as an ordered option..

Moj'

hmmmmm, maybe that black wheel was on the same "special order" shelf as my red one?!!??

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2013 at 12:41pm
...along with my black wheel.

While we're on the subject of originality, what's the deal with the speedometer mounts? My 72 came with the black plexi mount, but I'm seeing the same thing on Steve's and Paul's. I moved both airguides to what I thought was the original mounting locations but now I'm questioning that move....
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2013 at 12:46pm
Chris,
All of the orange 72'Promo's I've seen have the woodgrain looking wheel on them, and for that red thing on Steve's boat, now I'm guessing you could get whatever you want back then.. On a 71' though, what was the standard wheel on a stock SN? I thought the black wheel wasn't really introduced till 73'??

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2013 at 12:50pm

Chris,
and for that red thing on Steve's boat...

Moj'

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
  Share Topic