NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pics of your tow vehicle?

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1920212223 29>
Author
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2015 at 11:24am
Originally posted by C-Bass C-Bass wrote:

Nice! What kind of powerplant does that have?

Was looking for a Powerstroke but those are few and far between and command big money, this has the V10. Decent power and better fuel mileage than the Bounder. although it's still thirsty. Most of our trips are just a few hours from home so this will work 90% of the time.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2015 at 11:27am
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

That's cool Alan, looks like it will be a little more driver friendly than the Bounder.

Much so Larry, Dana's already put a few hours in behind the wheel so that's a big plus for me on long trips, No way she would drive the Bounder. This one has full air ride suspension and big leather captains chairs in the cab, I put in 10 hours on the way home and wasn't completely exhausted like driving the big RV when we arrived, Loving it.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2015 at 11:30am
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Which room is mine??

yeah about that, Ccfans are always welcome to ride along but unlike the Bounder this one sleeps 2 adults and one dog. Plenty of storage for tents though!
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2015 at 12:01pm
Yep the v10 is thirsty but proving to be rock solid reliable according to all the data I have seen, and anecdotal evidence I have come across. Hard to justify the premium of a diesel without planning to travel 300000 miles, or until gas hits $4.50 again. . Nice rig - congrats to you and Dana!   
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2015 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Which room is mine??

yeah about that, Ccfans are always welcome to ride along but unlike the Bounder this one sleeps 2 adults and one dog. Plenty of storage for tents though!

So your saying Dana has to sleep in the tent when Quinner shows up
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2015 at 1:10pm
Or maybe he has to see if the dog will share his space.

Any idea what the tow rating is? Curious how they rate a vehicle that's converted like that.

The rig looks really sharp!
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2015 at 1:23pm

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2015 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by 63 Skier 63 Skier wrote:

Any idea what the tow rating is? Curious how they rate a vehicle that's converted like that.

The rig looks really sharp!

Thanks 63,   5000lbs tow cap.   Gross Combined is 20K and the rv alone is 12,000 so plenty of extra capacity. Sits on a E450 chassis so it's pretty stout.
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2015 at 3:19pm
Allan / Dana
Sure hope that you are planning on driving this to NC for the Badin Lake Mini in October. You guys can park alongside of Reid
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2015 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by NCH20SKIER NCH20SKIER wrote:

You guys can park alongside of Reid

...or on the other side of the property,

Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2015 at 4:25pm

Allan / Dana
Sure hope that you are planning on driving this to NC for the Badin Lake Mini in October. You guys can park alongside of Reid

Or alongside us.......................... and the new Karras rig.

Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2015 at 4:34pm
We love the Northern Lite - Traveling Dog Crate, perfect for us! Flexible Tow Vehicle as well.......

Update: With BFN Excel in tow.........

M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2015 at 10:51pm
Time to update this. Due to the untimely demise of our previous tow vehicle (don't ask, please) I had a choice- take the money from the insurance payout and put it down on a newer vehicle or add cash and buy an older vehicle outright. One thing I KNEW I had no choice on is what the vehicle would be, and to me it had to be a 'Yota Land Cruiser. I've always loved these and I'm finding they have a hugely loyal following of people who like to tinker and fix and create. Sounds familiar right?

These rigs are insane. Not only can they traverse the earth and have been voted as the #1 used overland vehicle but they are luxurious, incredibly well built and have a 25 year service life from the factory. Basically it checks all the boxes I need as a major car geek.
And more. So much more.

New they are about 81 grand. Fairly used they are about 35 grand. Way older and used they are 20 grand. I took door #3 after having a deposit down on door #2, having it sold out form under me and realizing that maybe that was a sign. Settled on a 2005 "Series 100"/UZJ100 model. I'm geeking out on this more than the M5, I think it's feeling a little jealous in the garage.

2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2015 at 3:36am

I'm pretty pleased with how this photo turned out.
Previous: 1993 Electric Blue/Charcoal Ski Nautique
Current: 2016 Ski Nautique 200 Open Bow
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2015 at 3:42am
Originally posted by Air206 Air206 wrote:

Allan / Dana

Or alongside us.......................... and the new Karras rig.

1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2015 at 7:28am
Joel designed for the Australian market for outback and rural Australian conditions by Toyota. They are very popular as a tow vehicle as well, much loved by the off road 4WD community. Toyota also offer a slightly smaller model called the Prado in Australia that has a huge 4WD following, similar in size to the Grand Cherokee. They offer better off road capability over the Jeep Grand Cherokee but as a tow vehicle the the Jeep ECO diesel is really cutting into Toyota sales in Australia.

If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2015 at 7:46am
Toyota has, as most, come along way through the years but I still like the old FJ40's! The FJ's would out perform my 88 Land Rover back in my days of off roading.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2015 at 12:39pm
The Toyota Prado is a Lexus in the US. My parents have a 2004 version and it is really a great vehicle. It tows well, is quiet while going down the road and has plenty of 4x4 chops.
Previous: 1993 Electric Blue/Charcoal Ski Nautique
Current: 2016 Ski Nautique 200 Open Bow
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2015 at 9:04pm
I loved my 350 chev powered fj. even the g/m based straight 6 worked fine for the needs til it died.   my favorite bumper sticker of the year was on a land cruiser this yr . "Hummer rescue vehicle"
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2015 at 9:32pm
A friend of mine has one, not sure what year, he drove it in the '90's. It's been sitting on flat tires next to his office for something like 10 years now, he won't let it go but it's not getting any better sitting there through NE weather. Not sure of the engine, was that 350 an option or a "Peter Mod"?
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2015 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by peter1234 peter1234 wrote:

I loved my 350 chev powered fj. even the g/m based straight 6 worked fine for the needs til it died.   my favorite bumper sticker of the year was on a land cruiser this yr . "Hummer rescue vehicle"

Oh Man, loved them FJ's, they could climb trees,! Spent my younger days 4-wheeling in the tight rocky hills of SW CT in my beefed 73 Scout The crazy things we did in that Scout were legendary and make me shudder now; but the absolute ballsiest stunts I've ever seen in the woods were by this crazy English dude we knew with an FJ (he was actually Roger Daltrey's brother--in-law if any of you are Who Freaks) , we'd be down in the gorge just pegging the tilt-o-meter and he'd flip the tape as if we were just cruising down the highway. ....

Bumper stickers have changed. .., I still have the "Arrive Stoned" front liscense plate from my Scout hanging on my garage wall....could you imagine having such a plate in 2015? ....
1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2015 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by KRoundy KRoundy wrote:

The Toyota Prado is a Lexus in the US. My parents have a 2004 version and it is really a great vehicle. It tows well, is quiet while going down the road and has plenty of 4x4 chops.

Lexus GX or 4Runner in the US.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Treybizttu View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treybizttu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-26-2015 at 1:36pm
I forgot to update this a few months ago.... Wife wanted to be able to tow the boat.

6.2, Auto Ride, and AWD. Pulls the Pro Air like it's not back there. I keep coming up with excuses to borrow it.
Faceplant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faceplant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-26-2015 at 11:00pm
My little TOW BUGGIE .
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2015 at 4:53am
I know some are familiar with my tow vehicle, but few know it is a car of many talents. It just towed my dirt bike to Prescott AZ for a week of riding the mountain trails and the Senator highway to Crown King and Cleator. It may turn 200,000 miles on the way home. I had a great time and didn't require any medical appliances. In Albuquerque tonight. Not too shabby for an old guy. Gotta find time for the Mustang when I get home so I can hook it to the bumper in the spring..
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2015 at 11:23am
Originally posted by Faceplant Faceplant wrote:

I think I'm always behind you at the ramp!
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2015 at 12:14pm
shadow
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2015 at 12:41pm
Shadow, welcome to the site. Picture is a bit blurry, is that a Sanger V-drive or something similar?
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2015 at 2:12pm
The boat is a 1974 HONDO flat bottom v drive, it sure was a lot of fun. Sold the flat bottom, now the proud owner of a 1978 Ski Tique,
shadow
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2015 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by Air206 Air206 wrote:

Originally posted by Faceplant Faceplant wrote:

I think I'm always behind you at the ramp!

Steve,
Thankfully I don't need to use large public ramps but am wondering if there is any protocol and curiosity at them. Does the typical user act the same as he does out on the lake? After dropping the first boat, wouldn't Jeff need to get back in line for the second and then the third?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1920212223 29>
  Share Topic