NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Boat on its last leg to the UK

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
Author
uk1979 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uk1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2010 at 7:56pm
I now have a 16f Star Flite unloaded today, now I have my hands full bringing her back to life, with Billy's Louisiana Power

Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2010 at 8:05pm
Oh yeah!!
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2010 at 8:09pm
Cool how they do that. That same company ships containers from Portland Harbor. Start a thread when you begin your rebuild. It will be interesting!
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2010 at 1:09am

I just glad to see the boat made it with all that sidedraft...
Jbear, said to me wow if it was'nt for this site we would never had met for this to happen....
connorssons View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connorssons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2010 at 1:18am
Yea Baby glad she found her new home! keep us posted.
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2010 at 2:48am
In the US on its last leg means about ready to expire, that was my first thought when I read the topic of this post. After reading I realized you were talking about the last leg of a trip. Then I saw the boat photos and now I am leaning back towards the first one. I am sure you will make it beautiful. Can't wait to watch the progress. I have to believe it will be one of a kind in the United Kingdom. Congrats.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2010 at 2:56am
Originally posted by uk1979 uk1979 wrote:

I now have a 16f Star Flite unloaded today,

Is it still a 16 foot or does it turn into a 5.? meter? How many stones when its done? Hands? its all so confusing.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2010 at 8:19am
Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

Is it still a 16 foot or does it turn into a 5.? meter? How many stones when its done? Hands? its all so confusing.

You said it brother...!

"convertworld.com" is always open in the tab next to CCFan... That way I can keep up with all the numbers and measurements posted here...

- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

uk1979 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uk1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2010 at 10:53am
Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

I now have a 16f Star Flite unloaded today,

It all depends on your age here the young are all metric, old are all imperial and the baby boomers are a mix of both,how can you kill inches when most people always have an inch on them, just measure the width of your thumb on your righting hand.

16ft sounds better than 4.880m both the same but if built in ft and inches then it has to stay that way.

Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2010 at 11:06am
Roger,

Does it look better or worse than you thought it would now that you have your hands on it?

It is a big job, but I know that you can handle it.

Donald
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2010 at 11:39am
very exciting Roger, if you have any questions on this just shoot me an email but I think I may be the one on the learning end.

You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2010 at 2:57pm
Roger,
Congats man!!!!!

You know you could have saved all that shipping grief if you would have let Billy install the 312. You could have driven her across the pond!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2010 at 3:08pm
Steve, now that is what you would call a road trip. You gotta give Roger something to do once the "package arrives".

Roger, Karen just talked to Fed Ex International, your package due in UK on the 12th. After the ship is off loaded you should receive a call on Thursday at the latest............

Merry christmas to Roger
uk1979 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uk1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2010 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by Kristof Kristof wrote:

Oh yeah!!

Kristof, get ready to hear the Louisiana Y Block rumble.
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN
uk1979 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uk1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2010 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

Cool how they do that. That same company ships containers from Portland Harbor. Start a thread when you begin your rebuild. It will be interesting!

Bruce, Yes will start a thread on the rebuild to bring her back to life
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN
uk1979 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uk1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2010 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by connorssons connorssons wrote:

Yea Baby glad she found her new home! keep us posted.

Will do Jeff,thanks for starting your new thread great to see.
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN
uk1979 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uk1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2010 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by Donald80SN Donald80SN wrote:

Roger,

Does it look better or worse than you thought it would now that you have your hands on it?

It is a big job, but I know that you can handle it.

Donald

Donald, The PO did describe it as Bad with Rot will need new frame parts, but all there apart from bow light and windshield I think he was fair

You can't really knock a wood CC if it can still be together after 52 years much of it unloved, I think there still under rated compared to the other old brands you have.
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN
uk1979 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uk1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2010 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by The Godfather The Godfather wrote:

I just glad to see the boat made it with all that sidedraft...

Dave,You should know old CC don't die there rebuilt to go faster.
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN
uk1979 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uk1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2010 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

very exciting Roger, if you have any questions on this just shoot me an email but I think I may be the one on the learning end.

Thanks Alan, I will be taking you up on that along with reading and re reading your great thread on the Hurricane,my boat has me stumped already can't find any Mdf.
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN
uk1979 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uk1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2010 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by 62 wood 62 wood wrote:

Roger,
Congats man!!!!!

You know you could have saved all that shipping grief if you would have let Billy install the 312. You could have driven her across the pond!

Thanks Steve, I did think how much if they just towed it behind the ship, but looking at her I would only have the bow ring now.
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN
uk1979 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uk1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2010 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by boat dr boat dr wrote:

Steve, now that is what you would call a road trip. You gotta give Roger something to do once the "package arrives".

Roger, Karen just talked to Fed Ex International, your package due in UK on the 12th. After the ship is off loaded you should receive a call on Thursday at the latest............

Merry christmas to Roger

Billy your be the first to know when your Louisiana Power arrives, I know the engine alone will turn heads here.

Merry Christmas to Karen & Billy
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2010 at 7:28pm
This really is just the coolest darn thing seeing that boat and engine and all the work, planning and help it took to make this happen. You guys should be proud already. Cheers!!
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2010 at 8:43pm
I've got a 1 piece Mustang windshield. I don;t know if it's the right size, but if you're interested, send me an email.
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2010 at 9:01pm

Thanks Steve, I did think how much if they just towed it behind the ship, but looking at her I would only have the bow ring now.

Roger not so sure about the bow eye. Does it have one?

I see a woody in my future also one day. In the mean time I need to keep studying all the restoration threads. Looking forward to seeing this one get back to better than new.
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2010 at 9:48pm

my boat has me stumped already can't find any Mdf.

Roger,
I'm glad to see it made it over. Now the work part will start but it will be fun. I'll be watching with interest.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
uk1979 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uk1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-23-2010 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

I've got a 1 piece Mustang windshield. I don;t know if it's the right size, but if you're interested, send me an email.

Bruce I will check out what width I need thanks.
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN
uk1979 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uk1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-23-2010 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by lewy2001 lewy2001 wrote:

Roger not so sure about the bow eye. Does it have one?

I see a woody in my future also one day. In the mean time I need to keep studying all the restoration threads. Looking forward to seeing this one get back to better than new.

You got me there Mark it did but it should not have one,as for shipping a woody you might find your Gov has made it very hard to bring in old wood, I had to check here but was ok as we have no regs after 500 years bringing stuff back all the bugs are here.
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN
uk1979 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uk1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-23-2010 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

my boat has me stumped already can't find any Mdf.

Roger,
I'm glad to see it made it over. Now the work part will start but it will be fun. I'll be watching with interest.

Pete, it will be fun and yes I am going to need your help with this no sitting back with your feet up.
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
  Share Topic