Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ski 200 OB problem

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 7>
Author
Brennan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brennan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2011 at 5:26pm
Grow up. Learn to change and adapt. Not every boat is a Malibu from the 90's with a mediocre wake...
Return the Nautique and let somebody who actually knows what they are doing have a world class three event tow boat.

All you have done is bitch and whine about a problem that can easily be remedied by you. Not to mention how you refuse to accept that you might be the problem, not the boat.
1997 Ski Nautique
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2011 at 5:39pm
According to the 2010 Brochure.
Claims the 200 OB to be "Identical" in weight and balance as the 200 CB.
Seems to me the bow section would be heavier.
Due to the added square footage of fiberglass and interior.
IntelSoftApps View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IntelSoftApps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2011 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by rckmann rckmann wrote:

I guess I'll look into Malibu, because the '93 boat I had which was open bow, never once submarined unless going into a wake too slowly no matter how many people were in front of the pylon. I don't know if the Malibu OB is the same now as the one I had years ago as designs have changed.
Seeing that all of you here are Nautique fanatics I guess I shouldn't have expected many useful or concerned comments. To a few a you- thanks. To most of you- Some day, what you dished out- here and probably everywhere else, will return to you with interest. When you find yourself saying, "Why did this happen to me?" you'll already have the answer. Signing out forever. (I know- good riddance.)
If I decide to get a Malibu or MC or other, I'll be sure to post a Nautique "submarine" video on You Tube so nobody else wastes their money on Nautique's Ski 200 OB.

Well, have fun with that MasterCrap or Maliboo...

And i dont think anyone will listen to you when you tell them that not to waste there money on a nautique. Thats why they are the best boats ever made... Of course when you know how drive them!!!!

As you said before, you are going about 25-30 mph and put it into neutral then it submerges the bow.
Well, when you do that the transom wake pushes the back up and the bow down. As it was said before...

HERE is the correct way to slow down... Slowly start pulling back on the throttle in till it is in gear. DONT pull it back to neutral. This way the transom wake kind of goes away and doesn't push the transom (Thats the back in case you didn't know) up and bow down. This was only told to you 108 times in this post...

Anyways, pulling it straight back into neutral is step 2 of the submarine. To fully submarine you want a little more speed and and then suddenly crank it straight to neutral then full reverse. Then you and your passengers will get very wet!

Also, does maliboo even make a decent ski boat??? I have only seen wake boats...

And about the part where you said "why did this happen to me?" towards all of us non-helpers... Well, we wont be an F*In idiot like you and i think we all know, well almost all of us, know how to properly drive an inboard ski boat with an open bow!

Send us a link of the nautique submarine video! I am sure we will all love to see you crying after the fact that NO ONE wants to buy a boat that was submarined. So you basically are throwing away about 70 grand! Have fun! If you think the video will make people not want to buy a nautique open bow, you are wrong. They will look at the video and say what an idiot for submarining that beautiful boat...

Well, bye!!! have fun at the MasterCrap or Maliboo or the Gayliner forums!!!! Hope you sell your nice boat to someone who actually knows how to drive it!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IntelSoftApps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2011 at 5:50pm

Now if you're the manufacturer that makes & markets a poorly designed open bow tournament boat- Nautique Ski 200, then I do blame you.

Isn't it Ski Nautique 200?? Not Nautique Ski 200...

Thats what it was last time i checked. I mean they have only been that way since they were made. You must really not know this boat. You must have seen it and instantly bought it knowing nothing about it...
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2011 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by DrCC DrCC wrote:

According to the 2010 Brochure.
Claims the 200 OB to be "Identical" in weight and balance as the 200 CB.
Seems to me the bow section would be heavier.
Due to the added square footage of fiberglass and interior.

Al,
I feel the same way but not by much. You need to consider the weight of the deck on the C/B so it's really the vertical extra fiberglass and upholstery.
"Identical" in the hands of the marketing group is a pretty vague term!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2011 at 6:01pm
Rick,
I forgot to ask! What other sites did you find that helped you with your problem? What did the gang over on PN have to say?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2011 at 6:13pm
Maybe next year they'll be carbon fiber.

It just seems to me that "open-bow" and "3-event tournament ski boat" is a contradiction of terms.

Can't say and won't say because I have not driven one.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2011 at 6:14pm
This is the post you put on the other thread.....

Thanks, finally an actual Ski 200 OB owner. I have the exact same problem and glad to hear I'm not the only one. Have you contacted CC yet? Immediately after I complained to CC they sent out 2 people to check it out. But first they took my boat in to the dealer for a coincidental "rudder port recall". When they brought my boat back and tested it, it didn't submarine (without passengers in the bow). They left and said they did nothing, even though it did it every time before that. Several months after they left I had passengers in the bow and it started again, but only with passengers in the bow.

If I had this problem with my new SN200 and even IF it were CC's fault for building a "defective" boat why in the Heck did you not reproduce the EXACT same conditions when the CC reps where there? Hellllllllooooo.

ANY of the CCFans here will tell you right up front that.... " Yeah I love my Open Bow but you have to change YOUR driving habits as she'll submarine on you in a heartbeat!" I've had several members here tell me that...

Sorry your PO'd at CC and us and maybe if you'd swallow your 4000 hrs of boat time and put aside your Grumpy Old Man mentality and just try a few of the suggestions that members here have suggested (who together have more hours behind the wheel than you'll ever have if you skied everyday for the rest of your life). You might be pleasantly surprised. Give Jody @ Fla Inboards a call as he IS a PROFESSIONAL boat driver and TALK to him. I'm sure he'd help you if you truly want help with your boat problem.

"It takes a Big man to admit he is wrong but an even BIGGER man to swallow his pride and listen to those of others!"

" An Older man isn't always a Wiser One!"

"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2011 at 6:27pm
Excellent idea Tim! Rick, talk about someone who's been behind the helm of CC's for years, Jody is the guy. He's worked for CC and is a senior rated driver for USA water ski!! MG, he's probably put in well over 4001 hours and that's a pro driving!!
Florida Inboards (850) 215-1996

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2011 at 7:09pm
i think you meant conceited   and as far as anyone else on here try to remember everyone on here is passionate about their boats. Everyone here knows and understands the bright spots and detriments (if they are detriments ) of their boats and manufacturers. you came on here for advice . you were told what to expect and how to work around it . you are quick to bash the company the fans and everything else except your ability to admit you didnt test it properly and your inability to work with the issue you create. I would hate to be your co workers, wife, sibling, neighbor ,child ,parent or dog ...
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2011 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Rick,
I forgot to ask! What other sites did you find that helped you with your problem? What did the gang over on PN have to say?

I just went over to PN and yes, Rick did post hie problem there too. Very few answers but absolutely the same suggestions - His driving skills even with 4000 hours behind the helm SUCK!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IntelSoftApps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2011 at 8:49pm
is there a link to the PN post?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2011 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by IntelSoftApps IntelSoftApps wrote:

is there a link to the PN post?

Derek,
Sorry I should have done it before.

Link to Ricks post on PN
I guess I just thought everyone here went over to the site occasionally. BTW, I don't!! I just figured that Rick stating we are a bunch of "A" holes and saying he was going elsewhere, he'd find the PN site!! It was very interesting to see the response on PN since they are so "tuned into" the latest and greatest" bling. Not that we aren't, but it looks like they gave him the very same answers. His helmanship SUCKS!!!! Plus, I feel his math is off coming up with the 4000 hours!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IntelSoftApps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2011 at 1:49am
Thank you!

You are right. They are saying the same thing! That what i told him earlier. He would here the same thing that he doesn't know how to drive an open bow ski boat!

Maybe, he is lying about the people in the boat, because i have seen 200's and pics of them and they are not low as he describes. So overall he suckas at driving that thing!

I am still waiting to see the Ski Nautique 200 submarine video rick!
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2011 at 2:03am
I still dont see all the fun in mocking a guy posting a boat problem.

Maybe this guy isnt the best driver around, but he has a real issue, and he's right about something, if the boat is ONLY for competition ski, then it should not be sold to the public unless they make you sign some papers before or the passenger label should be for 1 or 2 only. that or a safety driving course for new Ski nautique 200 O/B owners.

He might be off on some points, but we've had at least 1 other topic on this subject. the 200 is a new design, for sure it's great but it might still need some tweaks, but who will admit it? I dont think so with the 60-70k price tag on them, they need to profit from it for some years.
I dont think when the Pro Air design came out CC ever admitted it was not that good until they discontinued it.
Business are business, and boats can always be a little better.

May I also add my humble opinion that some members are taking it all very personal lately... calm down guys.
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2011 at 3:13am
I have driven/sailed a wide variety of boats over my lifetime (45 years). SN for the last fifteen to twenty years. Pulled a pro skier for the last two years. I cant afford a 200 and really dont know much about them. My 95 SNOB is really only good for two teens up front while skiing or wakeboarding. It takes attention to keep the bow dry while retrieving a skier (or rider as you wakeboarders say).
I feel a bit sorry for the OP as I feel he bought a boat with seating up front that isnt as useful as he expected. If he were real nice to the dealer or CC, maybe they would give him a break on a trade.....but for some reason I think he probably burnt that bridge.

I just cant figure out how someone can be around boats and skiing that much and not understand the design of the open bow tourney boats. Heck, I put weight in the bow of my SNOB to get a better wake! I suggest he put the cover on the bow and pretend it isnt there.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IntelSoftApps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2011 at 4:43am
Originally posted by Luchog Luchog wrote:

I still dont see all the fun in mocking a guy posting a boat problem.

Maybe this guy isnt the best driver around, but he has a real issue, and he's right about something, if the boat is ONLY for competition ski, then it should not be sold to the public unless they make you sign some papers before or the passenger label should be for 1 or 2 only. that or a safety driving course for new Ski nautique 200 O/B owners.

He might be off on some points, but we've had at least 1 other topic on this subject. the 200 is a new design, for sure it's great but it might still need some tweaks, but who will admit it? I dont think so with the 60-70k price tag on them, they need to profit from it for some years.
I dont think when the Pro Air design came out CC ever admitted it was not that good until they discontinued it.
Business are business, and boats can always be a little better.

May I also add my humble opinion that some members are taking it all very personal lately... calm down guys.

They do make you sign a CRAP-TON of papers before you purchase the boat...

It is all agreements and what not. Typical papers.

But with in those papers they have stuff about all this. You have to find time to read it all...

And the open bow is an extra feature. Many people like the open bows to sit in when at a dock or just floating. NOT when pulling a skier. Especially in the 200!

Why are we mocking him? All he does is says we are wrong and tells us how many hours he has (i mean wants to have) behind the wheel of a boat. He only complains and whines. He NEVER accepts any of our suggestions. His problem is obvious. He said he slows down by going from 25-35mph straight back to neutral. That is the recipe for a submarine. You are suppose to gradually slow down and go back into in gear. Not to neutral!
WildH2OSkier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WildH2OSkier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2011 at 4:59am
Its obviously a flaw in the design of the boat. I've had a similar experience. I had put several thousand hours on a Harley Davidson and tried riding one of those crotch rockets.
It wouldn't cruise worth a damn and when I lugged the engine down it still wanted to make that little buzzy sound.
It didn't have nothing to do with the way I operated it, it was obviously a manufacturers defect. I just can't understand why those sport bike guys didn't see it my way.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IntelSoftApps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2011 at 5:20am
You are dumb. Not everything is built the same...

After riding one motorcycle for a while then switching to another, it is going to be different. ESPECIALLY when it is a completely different style of bike. It is NOT a defect... It is the way it is! That is how they are built.

Same thing with boats. They all ride differently to a point...
bonuts View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2011 at 5:53am
I would think the bike reference was said tongue in cheek. Relax
Terry
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2011 at 6:48am
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

If I had this problem with my new SN200 and even IF it were CC's fault for building a "defective" boat why in the Heck did you not reproduce the EXACT same conditions when the CC reps where there? Hellllllllooooo.

X2, Tim hit the nail on the head...
-Adam

1973 Skier
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2011 at 11:33am
We'll have to agree to disagree, I think that a boat sold to the general public wich is so sensitive to weight distribution should not come with open bow or not be sold to the general public.
It not the MC guy placing his 12 friends on the bow, it's just an empty fuel tank and 1 person on the bow.

Now Intelsoftapps, if you just take some time off from calling people things you may even add a picture of your CC to your profile and share something constructive around here besides all the harsh wording on new members, like yourself.

When you tell your wife what to do and she doesnt, do you also call her out like this?

bbishop1974 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbishop1974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2011 at 11:41am
luch,the kid is 16.he online at 2 am.i get cranky when its past my bedtime too.

Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2011 at 11:46am
Maybe it's the "pop tarts" he takes for breakfast at 4.30am, or the Montain Dew wich has him all fuzzed up!!!!

He states 47 years old on his profile... something fishy around there, I though it would be a S79it comeback but the grammar is just too "gentle" and good.
bbishop1974 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbishop1974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2011 at 12:13pm
page 1"iam only 16,lol".iam only picking on intel anyways.at least he is here learning and not playing video games
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2011 at 12:27pm
I agree w Luch..... I stopped posting when it was obvious he didn't want to hear our comments/help. I would like to see more of that...... Just stop. That is one of the reasons that I was a lurker here for so long before I posted.... I had been flamed on PN and wakeworld many times for asking questions of inexperience.... He was inexperienced about his Correct Craft.....I hope I don't get that here when I ask about adjusting carbs or fiberglass layup......things I know little about....

This site is great.... The guys (& gals) are great...... But flaming folks for asking obviously inexperienced questions isn't what the site and our buddies are about... It is about building a CorrectCraftFan family.....I know he was provocative..... But we are better than the middle schoolers on WakeWorld....

I really enjoy the folks I've gotten to know from this site.... I'd rather a newcomer see that side of the site and CorrectCraftFans......
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2011 at 12:51pm
I think that the OP is just a large part of exactly what is going wrong with this country. The "pussification" of America. The "blame someone else" attitude. Maybe take some responsibility for your own actions for a change, listen to constructive criticism and advice and change your habits. It could open doors and pave roads.
'02 Ski Nautique 196 w/ 5.7 Apex bowtie - Sold
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Super Sport Nautique - originally custom built for Walt Meloon
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IntelSoftApps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2011 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by Luchog Luchog wrote:

Maybe it's the "pop tarts" he takes for breakfast at 4.30am, or the Montain Dew wich has him all fuzzed up!!!!

He states 47 years old on his profile... something fishy around there, I though it would be a S79it comeback but the grammar is just too "gentle" and good.

1. Mountain Dew is gross. especially at 430am. Its all about the coke...

2. I made my second account from my phone cause i had a question and i forget my old account stuff over the winter... so i dont really want to spend time and fully fill out all of the info. I forgot to change it, but thanks for reminding me.

3. How can something smell fishy about me. I am not a spammer...or anything like that. My user name is one of my names i use for my Android Development. The other would be TechBamboo. Yes, thats right, i create android AOS applications at the age of 16...

4. And the original poster is dumb and blames everyone and CC that its there fault, when he is the one that cant drive.

5. I created a diaries that was asked by Luch. it is waiting approval.

6. I was up to 2am doing some work and decided i would just stay up to go skiing at 5am. I dont have a bed time

7. Any other questions, complaints, or comments???
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2011 at 8:19pm
Originally posted by IntelSoftApps IntelSoftApps wrote:

7. Any other questions, complaints, or comments???

I dont care who you are, what you do, what age you claim or not to be, if you ski or tube, what you eat or puke or if you sleep early or choose to stay up watching hot tv. Just be nice to fellow members, even when they are doing wrong and wont listen to your constructive suggestions.
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2011 at 8:53pm
I agree, we should treat each other online the same as if we were face to face. Probably even better, because it is easy to mis-interpret the intent of a post.

I like CCF because of the high brow way we treat each other, let's keep it that way.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 7>
  Share Topic