NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Graphics

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
Author
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2007 at 2:32pm
It's winter time for lots of us, so CCFan seems to be put on the back burner until about Feb or March. I know I hate this time of year the site is a little slow on new topics.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2007 at 11:10pm
Right you are...but sometimes some fun stuff goes on here when guys are bored in the house.

And as always...if ANY C/CFANS get real bored...me and Eddie ain't put our boats away. Footed the day after Thanksgiving and already made our plans today for this Saturday. As they say on tv "c'mon down"

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2007 at 11:12pm
Jbear
If I get a week end off work I just may have to take you and Eddie up on your offer. Speaking of Eddie we have not heard from him in awhile.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2007 at 11:15pm
Right you are again...he isn't on much. BUt he is doing just fine. Like I said...we footed Friday and then took our wives out to dinner and a movie and finished the evening at his house drinking bourbon and coke and watching old show ski vids from their days with Badgerland. Awesome evening!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2007 at 11:19pm
That sounds much better then working.
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2007 at 12:32am
Thanks Tim for the support.

Sorry guys . the title for the topic did not intrest me untill today .

My boot stripe is 100% original . It is not paint . It is vinyl tape that you can get at west marine . They have 2 different thicknesses.

I bought the boat from an old man that was pushing 70 back in 94 .He was the original owner . He was way past the point of caring about the boat . It sat on the shore for atleast 2 years that I can remember .This guy was not very ambitious at all . So I dont think he would have put it on . As a matter of fact I think he did more fishing than boating.

If any one is going to need correct emblems for this era of boat I would not buy the new ones they are terribly different . I will take pics and post . The best thing to do is to watch Ebay then, good luck . The reason that my boat doesnt have any on is because they were broken and it looked better without .
I did have some before GL. but didnt put them on , for fear of the being broken . I looked for nearly 10 years before I was able to find some that I could buy .
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2007 at 12:45am
And so the mystery is solved. You were right Tim.
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2007 at 1:32am
Quote Trbenj;(Id say add the metal (or chromed plastic) Correct Craft script emblems- those would have been original.)

Sorry Tim I cant support you on this one .

I cant get a very good picture of the chrome one , which is new and I refuse to use . The first pic is of the chrome , good-ebay and broken original . You dont see as many with the white letters .

I tried to put them on top of each other so you could see the difference . Notice that every letter is different and the mounting holes, none are the same .

Hopefully this will give you an idea how different they are . A dead give away is the bottom of the (f) . Check white Lake Marine you will see .

White Lake emblem
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2007 at 11:32am
Originally posted by p/allen p/allen wrote:

Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Id say add the metal (or chromed plastic) Correct Craft script emblems- those would have been original.

Sorry Tim I cant support you on this one .

Pat, I was talking about the earlier metal emblems that were used through '71. I didnt realize they made the switch for '72.

Good info on the differences between the white/black and chrome/black plastic emblems. I think we all assumed they only varied in color.

I may have to take some dimensions off your waterline stripe next year!
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2007 at 12:53pm
Sounds great Tim . Sorry about the misunderstanding .
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2007 at 2:17pm
well I got hamerd on this years ago, but when I first bought my 79SN it did have the script metal ones on it, might have been replacements, might not, don't know. But I do know that the holes did not line up when I got the chrome/black replacements compared to what was there and they match closer to what Pat posted as org for his.

Now for those of you that keep putting off installing those new plastic emblems for fear of breaking them. This is what I did and they never broke for 5 years even taking a dock hit that scratched the one pretty good. But go to the hardware store get a tube of clear sealant in the caulking area. Apply a thin layer over the complete back surface before you mount them and wipe off the excess around the edges and your done and they will not break. Most of the time it's the water riping them off when you slow down or take off, so if they are glued to the side of the boat and sealed so water can't get behind them to ripe them off.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2007 at 7:15pm
Adam, I still feel that the black plastic painted white and the top sanded off to make the lettering black would be appropriate. Plus, they are available.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
  Share Topic