Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - New addition to the stable - ACME 470 Installed
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New addition to the stable - ACME 470 Installed

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 23456 7>
Author
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2010 at 3:02am
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

So looking at this diagram I need to supply power to the blue wire to the coil as the "hot wire"

To crank / start the engine, I bypass the starter solenoid.

To stop the engine I remove the "hotwire" to the coil.

Is that correct.?
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2010 at 2:13am
ok well I'll just attach the hose before the cooler then if that's the case.

Cheers kap.
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2010 at 11:27pm
problem would be with the tranny....you need to cool it in some sort of way even in neutral....
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2010 at 11:05pm
One thing less to worry about, for sure.
...those who have fallen and those who will.
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2010 at 10:38pm
Picked up my carby yesterday & will pick up the alternator this afternoon.

Would there be any issue starting the motor without the RWP.?

The plan is to connect my garden hose directly to hose to the thermostat.

Probably wouldn't hurt to drain the fuel system too.?
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2010 at 12:06pm
Belts hey. ok I'll check it out.
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2010 at 11:50am
Originally posted by lewy2001 lewy2001 wrote:

Andrew that is where the PCV valve normally connects. The one to the flame arrestor is the valve cover breather. The outlet near the oil fill cap.

OK great. Thanks Lewy.

eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2010 at 10:17am
havnt seen to many of the alternator brackets perfectly aligned on these PCM engines, thats normally where the dust comes from
"the things you own will start to own you"
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2010 at 1:01am
Andrew,

I have heard other people speak of the belt dust. I think AKA is correct.

Donald
akabulla View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akabulla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2010 at 12:57am
Andrew, I am not sure what the black smut is so I would like to know as well because my 330 Excalibur was clean as a whistle when I put it in my 82 and after a summer of using it my engine is now covered in that same black smut, almost like a fine black dust. It is mainly around the belt so I think it is just coming off the belt but not entirely sure.
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2010 at 12:33am
Andrew that is where the PCV valve normally connects. The one to the flame arrestor is the valve cover breather. The outlet near the oil fill cap.
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2010 at 11:24pm
Ok so after recieving some parts on the weekend I was looking at the motor last night and have another question for you guys.

My PCV / breather hose from my rocker (valve) cover is connected directly to the back of my carby spacer.? See pic below. Generally this hose is connected to the flame arrestor. It's somehow connected where the vacuum port is normally located.

Is this a problem.?

I also have noticed that the engine, g'box & inside the dog house is covered in a fine black soot type stuff.?

Thoughts.?

kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2010 at 12:01pm
I have a custom box trunk made that fits a bag and fits then all the bags unfilled the anchor lines suit etc..and it has a nice sun deck....its kind of crud though...I didn't put it back yet after the rebuilt..just using the original seat as it look nicer on the pics..LOL
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2010 at 11:13am
I am in the process of having a rear seat made for my 82. I am using the design from 95 rear seat. It is three seperate cushions, each folds up with storage underneath. The middle cushion is removeable to allow a carpeted step to get in and out. I wish i could show you some photos, but the guy is taking his time. I cant complain b/c the boat is in his heated shop!
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2010 at 2:24am
A back carpeted storage / ballast box with a removable cusion that would make stepping in and out easy.
...those who have fallen and those who will.
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2010 at 12:24am
hey guys. Seeking your opinions here.

Seeing as the 91 had no rear seat from factory, I am considering the following 2 options for adding a rear seating / storage arrangement:

Option 1:
construct a storage / ballast bag box with a trimmed sunpad top

Option 2:
fabricate a rear seat with some storage underneath.

If I go with Option 1, I might also look at making movable seats like the factory jump seats.

Similar to the 89, this boat will be setup oriatated towards wakeboarding.

Thoughts.?

akabulla View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akabulla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2010 at 2:30pm
Then I guess just do what Rob said. If you have an old rocker switch like the one that goes into the dash then you could use that and put it in with the bridged wire so you can stop it easily. I have seen some people jump start the starter with a screw driver but some of the solenoids have a plastic barrier so you can't jump it like that and need to use some wire.

I actually use to ski in a 82 2001 and the owner had to jump it with a screw driver everytime. It was pretty funny!
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2010 at 1:18am
Originally posted by akabulla akabulla wrote:

Your going to have to buy one eventually and they aren't that expensive so why not go to the parts store and pick one up?

I've got one comming, but I'm just looking for something temporary.
rubitlarman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rubitlarman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2010 at 2:49pm
Just remove the wire that you bridged which is effectively turning off the key. That will remove power to the computer stopping spark. You're right though, an ignition switch is cheap enough to buy and wire in.
More power is needed till the fear of speed is overcome by the thrill of acceleration
akabulla View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akabulla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2010 at 12:55pm
Rob, If you do that how do you turn it off?

Andrew I had the same issue with mine but luckily I had 3 different ignitions sitting in a box full of parts so I just wired mine up and mounted it to the cradle my engine was sitting in. Your going to have to buy one eventually and they aren't that expensive so why not go to the parts store and pick one up?

rubitlarman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rubitlarman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2010 at 6:31am
Chopper you should be able to hotwire it via the solenoid at the rear of the eng. You'll have to bridge a wire to make the 'ignition' (eg turning the key) then touch something (screwdriver etc) between either the poles on the solenoid or the starter itself to turn her over. The wiring diagram in the ref section is pretty clear (if your's is still wired this way, ours isn't). Wire 21 bridged to wire 42, the fusable link, should do it.
Have you priced up a new distributor yet? You won't regret it once you start having problems with your ProTech system:)

Rob
More power is needed till the fear of speed is overcome by the thrill of acceleration
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2010 at 11:13pm
OK guys,
Here's my next question.

If I get time, I am going to attempt to start the motor next weekend.

With no dash pod or key, what is going to be the best way to "hotwire" it.?
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2010 at 10:50pm
Even better.

Thanks Tim. Saves me downloading the manual at this time.!
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2010 at 1:15pm
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2010 at 9:04am
Thanks lewy,
I'll check it out.
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2010 at 5:24am
Chopper page 18 Figure 26 of 1993 PCM Service Manual in Reference section.

If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2010 at 2:58am
Can anyone point me in the direction of where to find info on the firing order for the protec coil pack.?
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2010 at 8:34pm
Eric,
Yes he does, in between touring around the world!! LOL
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2010 at 12:09pm
Kap, do you have a job?
"the things you own will start to own you"
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2010 at 11:08am
thread jack....me while posting live ...from Punta del Este Uruguay

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 23456 7>
  Share Topic