Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gas prices

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 23456 26>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
skicat2001 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-29-2012 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by GlassSeeker GlassSeeker wrote:

Commander-in-Chief mean anything to you? Osama was killed under orders from President Obama.

spin it however you like it won't change the facts. Nor make you right.

I will be glad to give him that one accomplishment. Give it to him. But other than that, WORST PRESIDENT EVERRRRRR!!!
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-29-2012 at 10:13pm

He certainly fixed Osama Bin Laden

Yes, I loved the way Barak lead SEAL team six in there, his machine gun blazing, tossing hand grenades.Oh wait, that did not happen.

If you want to see the difference between class and narcissism read this comparison.

George W. Bush speech after capture of Saddam Hussein:
The success of yesterday's mission is a tribute to our men and women now serving in Iraq .
The operation was based on the superb work of intelligence analysts who found the Dictator’s footprints in a vast country. The operation was carried out with skill and precision by a brave fighting force. Our servicemen and women and our coalition allies have faced many dangers in the hunt for members of the fallen regime, and in their effort to bring hope and freedom to the Iraqi people. Their work continues, and so do the risks. Today, on behalf of the nation, I thank the members of our Armed Forces and I congratulate them.

Barack Hussein Obama speech, Sunday, May 1, 2011:
And so shortly after taking office, I directed Leon Panetta, the director of the CIA, to make the killing or capture of bin Laden the top priority of our war against al Qaeda, even as I continued our broader efforts to disrupt, dismantle, and defeat his network.
Then, last August, after years of painstaking work by my intelligence community, I was briefed on a possible lead to bin Laden. It was far from certain, and it took many months to run this thread to ground. I met repeatedly with my national security team as we developed more information about the possibility that we had located bin Laden hiding within a compound deep inside of Pakistan . And finally, last week, I determined that Ihad enough intelligence to take action, and authorized an operation to get Osama bin Laden and bring him to justice.
Today, at my direction, the United States launched a targeted operation against that compound in Abbottabad , Pakistan .
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-29-2012 at 10:28pm
As usual dave your qoutes are cherry picked and strategically doctored... Way to continually prove the rights arguments can not stand on the facts ...
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-29-2012 at 10:38pm

Commander-in-Chief mean anything to you?

Not much, no. I think a lot more of intel and military community would agree with me. Of late that title pretty much ranks with The Queen of England.
...those who have fallen and those who will.
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-29-2012 at 10:38pm
100 years from now, when they say who killed Osama, the answer will be Barrack Obama, it will be written in the history books that way

4 more boys
"the things you own will start to own you"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-29-2012 at 10:39pm
if it was the right that was responsible, they would have the smoking gun in Bushes hand
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-29-2012 at 10:41pm
You guy's are talking about gas price's - I just paid my Cook county (Basically Chicago) prosperity ( misspelled but, appropriate!! )taxes today!!! Yup, My property my house/property went in the dump just like everyone's!! But, we still need to pay all those old guys leaning on the shovels!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-29-2012 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

As usual dave your qoutes are cherry picked and strategically doctored... Way to continually prove the rights arguments can not stand on the facts ...

Just compared the two speeches, if that is cherry picking I am guilty.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-29-2012 at 10:43pm
omh, do you consider Bush wiping his hand on Clintons shirt "class"? i will remember that for the rest of my life, can someone come up with the clip of that just to refresh our memories?
GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-29-2012 at 10:43pm
Mitt's plan includes deficit spending, increasing the debt. So who are you Bushiphiles gonna vote for?
This is the life
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-29-2012 at 10:45pm
If you actually read both speeches and pulled out and modified that one section of Obamas speech one your own shame on you ... If you were quoting someone else shame on them and you should find better sources
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-29-2012 at 11:05pm

Mitt's plan includes deficit spending, increasing the debt. So who are you Bushiphiles gonna vote for?

This will all boil down to who think's who will help them as a individual the most and that is a decision we'll all have to make ourselves. I for one do not foresee the Obama admin benefitting my family or me within the next 5 years. I therefore will not vote for him. My situation may be different from others, but I have yet to see anything anything that would make me think otherwise.
...those who have fallen and those who will.
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-29-2012 at 11:08pm

Sounds like you've resigned yourself to the fact that Obama is going to get a second term. I think you're probably right on that.

I think you are probably right . I am a lifelong republican and unfortunately there isnt a candidate that can realistically claim to be a better candidate than obama. nor will the war chest be what obama can call on . This doent make him a good president it only means he is a better option than what us republicans have to offer . if you find a way to celebrate his reelection there must be ( if you are truly politically intelligent ) a part of you that only sees that Obama the way I see his republican opponents that he is only the best the dems have to offer but not the best man for our country .. it is it seems a small victory none the less. too bad there arent two good men going head to head.
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-29-2012 at 11:08pm
So here's the text of the whole speech. It was a good speech too. Definitely made me proud to be an American. I noticed that he didn't rub in the fact that the worst terrorist attack on American soil happened under Bush's watch. I'll also include the video for those who have trouble reading so many words.

Good evening. Tonight, I can report to the American people and to the world that the United States has conducted an operation that killed Osama bin Laden, the leader of al Qaeda, and a terrorist who’s responsible for the murder of thousands of innocent men, women and children. It was nearly ten years ago that a bright September day was darkened by the worst attack on the American people in our history. The images of 9/11 are seared into our national memory. Hijacked planes cutting through a cloudless September sky, the twin towers collapsing to the ground, black smoke billowing up from the pentagon, the wreckage of flight 93 in Shanksville, Pennsylvania, where the actions of heroic citizens saved even more heartbreak and destruction.

And yet we know that the worst images are those that were unseen to the world, the empty seat at the dinner table, children who were forced to grow up without their mother or their father, parents who would never know the feeling of their child’s embrace, nearly 3,000 citizens taken from us, leaving a gaping hole in our hearts. On September 11th, 2001, in our time of grief, the American people came together. We offered our neighbors a hand, and we offered the wounded our blood. We reaffirmed our ties to each other and our love of community and country. On that day, no matter where we came from, what God we prayed to or what race or ethnicity we were, we were united as one American family.

We were also united in our resolve, to protect our nation and to bring those who committed this vicious attack to justice. We quickly learned that the 9/11 attacks were carried out by al Qaeda, an organization headed by Osama bin Laden, which had openly declared war on the United States and was committed to killing innocents in our country and around the globe. So we went to war against al Qaeda, to protect our citizens, our friends, and our allies. Over the last ten years, thanks to the tireless and heroic work of our military and our counterterrorism professionals, we’ve made great strides in that effort. We’ve disrupted terrorist attacks and strengthened our homeland defense. In Afghanistan, we removed the Taliban government which had given bin Laden and al Qaeda safe haven and support. And around the globe, we worked with our friends and allies to capture or kill scores of al Qaeda terrorists including several who were a part of the 9/11 plot.

Yet, Osama bin Laden avoided capture. And escaped across the Afghan border into Pakistan. Meanwhile, al Qaeda continued to operate from along that border and operate through its affiliates across the world. And so shortly after taking office, I directed Leon Panetta, the director of the CIA, to make the killing or capture of bin Laden the top priority of our war against al Qaeda. Even as we continued our broader efforts to disrupt, dismantle and defeat his network.

Then last August, after years of painstaking work by our intelligence community, I was briefed on a possible lead to bin Laden. It was far from certain. And it took many months to run this thread to ground. I met repeatedly with my national security team as we developed more information about the possibility that we could located bin Laden hiding within a compound deep inside Pakistan. And finally, last week, I determined that we had enough intelligence to take action and authorized an operation to get Osama bin Laden and bring him to justice.

Today, at my direction, the United States launched a targeted operation against that compound in Pakistan. A small team of Americans carried out the operation with extraordinary courage and capability. No Americans were harmed. They took care to avoid civilian casualties. After a firefight, they killed Osama bin Laden and took custody of his body.

For over two decades, bin Laden has been al Qaeda’s leader and symbol and has continued to plot attacks against our country and our friends and allies. The death of bin Laden marks the most significant achievement to date in our nation’s effort to defeat al Qaeda. His death does not mark the end of our effort. There’s no doubt that al Qaeda will continue to pursue attacks against us. We must and we will remain vigilant at home and abroad. As we do, we must also reaffirm that the United States is not and never will be at war with Islam. I’ve made clear, just as President Bush did shortly after 9/11, that our war is not against Islam. Bin Laden was not a Muslim leader. He was a mass murderer of Muslims. Indeed, al Qaeda slaughtered scores of Muslims in many countries including our own. So his demise should be welcomed by all who believe in peace and human dignity.

Over the years, I’ve repeatedly made clear that we would take action within Pakistan if we knew where bin Laden was. That is what we’ve done. But it’s important to note that our counterterrorism cooperation with Pakistan helped lead us to bin Laden and the compound where he was hiding. Indeed, bin Laden had declared war against Pakistan as well and ordered attacks against the Pakistani people. Tonight, I called President Zardari, and my team has also spoken with their Pakistani counterparts. They agree that this is a good and historic day for both of our nations. And going forward, it is essential that Pakistan continue to join us in the fight against al Qaeda and its affiliates.

The American people did not choose this fight. It came to our shores. And started with the senseless slaughter of our citizens. After nearly ten years of service, struggle and sacrifice, we know well the costs of war. These efforts weigh on me every time I, as commander in chief, have to sign a letter to a family that has lost a loved one or look into the eyes of a service member who’s been gravely wounded. So Americans understand the costs of war. Yet as a country, we will never tolerate our security being threatened, nor stand idly by when our people have been killed. We will be relentless in defense of our citizens and our friends and allies. We will be true to the values that make us who we are. And on nights like this one, we can say to those families who have lost loved ones to al Qaeda’s terror, justice has been done.

Tonight we give thanks to the countless intelligence and counterterrorism professionals who have worked tirelessly to achieve this outcome. The American people do not see their work nor know their names, but tonight they feel the satisfaction of their work and the result of their pursuit of justice. We give thanks for the men who carried out this operation, for they exemplify the professionalism, patriotism and unparalleled courage of those who serve our country. And they are part of a generation that has borne the heaviest share of burden since that September day. Finally, let me say to the families who lost loved ones on 9/11, that we have never forgotten your loss, nor wavered in our commitment to see that we do whatever it takes to prevent another attack on our shores.

And tonight, let us think back to the sense of unity that prevailed on 9/11. I know that it has, at times, frayed. Yet today’s achievement is a testament to the greatness of our country and the determination of the American people. The cause of securing our country is not complete, but tonight we are once again reminded that America can do whatever we set our mind to. That is the story of our history. Whether it’s the pursuit of prosperity for our people or the struggle for equality for all our citizens, our commitment to stand up for our values abroad, and our sacrifices to make the world a safer place. Let us remember that we can do these things not just because of wealth or power, but because of who we are, one nation under God, indivisible with liberty and justice for all. Thank you. May God bless you. And may God bless the United States of America.

I did try to paragraph the speech to break it up a little for easier reading.
This is the life
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-29-2012 at 11:14pm
Wow he did doctor the quote unbelieveable!!!!!!!
This is the life
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-29-2012 at 11:39pm
I don't remember seeing The Wipe. Who can explain away that act?

Here's the clip Eric

This is the life
dochockey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dochockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2012 at 5:21am
Originally posted by peter1234 peter1234 wrote:

Sounds like you've resigned yourself to the fact that Obama is going to get a second term. I think you're probably right on that.

I think you are probably right . I am a lifelong republican and unfortunately there isnt a candidate that can realistically claim to be a better candidate than obama. nor will the war chest be what obama can call on . This doent make him a good president it only means he is a better option than what us republicans have to offer . if you find a way to celebrate his reelection there must be ( if you are truly politically intelligent ) a part of you that only sees that Obama the way I see his republican opponents that he is only the best the dems have to offer but not the best man for our country .. it is it seems a small victory none the less. too bad there arent two good men going head to head.

I'm not a Dem or a Rep but I think any body in the house would be better than this president! Lets face it the only reason he is in the office is because the Dems played the race card,. yes I said it - and in his eyes its payback time. sorry but that's how I feel
1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2012 at 6:17am
Well of course he was the best the dems had to offer. That's why he won election. Yes he was elected, it wasn't a miscount(see FL).
Character assasination is the way of politics today. Yet no matter what was said about Obama actual verifiable proof of everything he was "accused" of never materialized. WHY? because it was BS.

No other President has ever been accused of as much stuff as Obama was accused of. It was and is constant and it's getting old and worn out. I guess you'd have to call him the Teflon President cus nuthin stuck.

The race card??? Oh boy, come on, get over it already.

He did payback bin Laden that's for sure.

That speech Obama gave after getting bin Laden may be one of the greatest speeches ever given by any American President. (Please name a better speech given if you disagree)

I can't think of any President in American history that stepped into office on day 1 and was handed a worse steaming pile of poo to try to take care of. I really can't see that anyone could have done any better.
Especially given the congressional gridlock we are all suffering from.
Pointing to the price of gas when Obama took office and comparing it to now is such a disconnect from reality...just to bring this back to gas prices.
This is the life
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2012 at 10:32am

Wow he did doctor the quote unbelieveable!!!!!!!

The "Doctoring" (not mine but "I" posted it and thus will take responsibility for it)was surgical to make a point. Going through the version you posted, a quick count (Probably missed some) came up with 8 "I's" two "MY's" and one "I've", and one mention of a "small team of Americans", and on mention of George Bush, but not giving him credit for the intelligence gathered under his watch, just that 911 happened during his presidency.

Obama has stripped our intellegece gathering tool and made it likely that we could not repeat finding another Osama. Key parts of the puzzle came from water boarding. Why is the economy "Bushes fault" but for Barack ending Osama is I,I,I,I,I,I,I,I,My,My,Ive?

Greatest speech ever? Only through Obama colored glasses. How about the Gettysburg address, Regan's tear down that wall, or the speech after the wall came down, I have a dream, Ask not what your country can do for you.......

Regan stepped into a bigger pile of poo following Carter,higher unemployment higher inflation, and was well on his way to scrapping it off all our shoes by three years into his first term.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2012 at 10:43am
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

omh, do you consider Bush wiping his hand on Clintons shirt "class"? i will remember that for the rest of my life, can someone come up with the clip of that just to refresh our memories?

I had not seen that before, no not class, but considering what Clinton left on Monica's blue dress in the oval office, he can hardly complain.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2012 at 10:47am
Back to the topic at hand, I here Barack has come up with is own 999 plan, gas at 9.99 a gallon!
1987 Ski Nautique

harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2012 at 11:00am
$9.99 a gal that's just wonderful.I hope he can do it before November. Then we will all have a reason to vote for him. Once Fuel and gas reach that price every one will be forced to buy a Volt or take public transportation, We can then solar heat our houses and live off our unemployment checks. Imagine the wole country collecting because Warren Buffet pays more tax.

Then we can all join the rest of you Kool Aid drinkers singing Happy days are here again.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2012 at 11:12am
that really is a classic
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2012 at 11:14am
photoshop Glass? lol it didnt happen
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2012 at 11:15am
doc, how do you know that the white demon isnt rolloing around in his head, im white, no im black im white.....I dont think race is an issue
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2012 at 11:23am
Reagan fudged the unemployment numbers my friend...do some reading, plus the guy had Alzhiemers in he second half of his presidency, he was telling Nancy to tear down the wallpaper, not the wall lol
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2012 at 11:24am
the Gettysburg????? everything you guys are against lol
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2012 at 11:29am
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

the Gettysburg????? everything you guys are against lol

Lincoln was a Republican. Republicans are against enslaving anyone, black, rich, whoever is being persecuted.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2012 at 11:35am
wonder if he wiped his hand on Jacksons coat
malibud View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2012 at 11:41am
I hate to say it but really there is only a finite amount of oil on the earth. As there becomes less of it and the population increases and gets more money the price will go up. Supply/demand You can blame whom ever you want its just the facts. If someone suggest the price will hit $5 a gallon the people buying oil futures will buy it quickly(so would I if I had the $) therefore driving the cost up. Can any president stop that no..well maybe chavez. You can't blame the president.
   And really the republican candidates are a bunch of fools do you really think any of them would have a chance debating against Obama? Also you must be very foolish if you think Race won the election. MCcain shot himself in the foot taking on Palin
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 23456 26>
  Share Topic