NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I Know most of you wont care but...

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 34567>
Author
Nautiquehunter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2011 at 11:51am
Thanks for the explanation I always wondered why the rear of my 210 is shaped the way it is. Being its primarily a wake boat it makes perfect sense for the stair step rear hull design.

Thanks to Mlskier for having the balls to start this thread and taking the heat for doing so. Sometimes people think you are bashing the old by aspiring to the new. Although I dont like the new Xstar I think the best boats on the water are being in 2012 and they will be topped by 2013s keep up the good work no matter what company you work for.

mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2011 at 12:19pm
You old dudes are a little harsh on the MI. If it were up to all of you we'd still be doing ski fly behind a 76 ski tique. BUT...it would have the 351 so I can understand how bad ass that would be.

'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
Mississippi River - Bellevue, IA
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2011 at 12:25pm
Some of you guys mentioned keeping the back as simple as possible. I can't totally agree. I like the trend that Yamaha boats started, making the stern a whole activity area, instead of just the end of the boat. It's like a swim platform, plus.
Yamaha Stern
TX Foilhead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Foilhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2011 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by peter1234 peter1234 wrote:

why are you guys trying to scare off another new member?

I believe it's happened to everyone here, some people can take it some can't. Same thing in the hydrofoil groups, everything is fair game after the first ride, and 99% of the people I've gotten to know are like friends I've known all my life almost instantly. I suspect this group is the same, I just haven't gotten out enough to meet many here yet.

FWIW, I believe that was the first leaked picture to hit any site that I've seen so that's kinda special even if you don't like it. They managed to keep a very tight wrap on a project that everyone in the wakeboard world knew was going on for a very long time.
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2011 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by mdvalant mdvalant wrote:

You old dudes are a little harsh on the MI. If it were up to all of you we'd still be doing ski fly behind a 76 ski tique. BUT...it would have the 351 so I can understand how bad ass that would be.

REAL ski boats Dont have mufflers or open bows....
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2011 at 12:57pm
Not a lot of wakeboarders or MasterCraft fans around here, you can easily understand the lack of acceptance.

I never thought of any hull component design performance attributes at anything other than skiing speeds, so that is actually interesting.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2011 at 1:01pm
Mr. Ralph said someone at Correct Craft once said something like, "once we figure out how to give them no wake, they'll want a wake".
MIskier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MIskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2011 at 5:31pm
Thanks for the kind words. I didn't really expect to win anyone over but for me if there is a boat that is cool looking no matter the brand or the age I like to hear about it. Didn't expect personal attacks over showing pictures of a boat though.
2006 MasterCraft PS 190

1986 CC Ski Nautique 2001
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2011 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by MIskier MIskier wrote:

if there is a boat that is cool looking no matter the brand or the age I like to hear about it.

Me too I just didn't see one...
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2011 at 6:32pm

Thanks for the kind words. I didn't really expect to win anyone over but for me if there is a boat that is cool looking no matter the brand or the age I like to hear about it. Didn't expect personal attacks over showing pictures of a boat though.

I dont think the "attack" was directed so much at you personally....

Had to post some pics of the New X-star. Ive been waiting 2 years to tell people about this boat. So here it is

Once you expained your involvement, even tho the boat is not "our style", there is some envy of being able to have a job like that. I dont think you could "win" a lot of us over to ANY brand of wakeboard boat.

....Stick around we may all learn something!!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2011 at 6:36pm
He's probably talking about Pete's questioning of his professional abilities.
Fl Inboards View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fl Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2011 at 6:44pm

Live and learn!
Their are many on This site That are pretty much stick in the mud old schooler's that live in last century. Personaly I dont have a problem with that as I have been accused of that from time to time. The thing about this thred is the lack of vision and respect from some of these members. Mastercraft has a real work of art that they spent thousands of $$$$$$ to bring to fruition and they have a following of owners that will step up and purchase one. The key for Nautiques is how to buld a better mousetrap and get those to switch over and purchase their boat, it is a visous cycle.
Glad you had a chance to get your feet wet with the development of this Craft. Having been on the ground floor of many new products in the Nautique lines I know it can be fun and rewarding.

Good luck in your design future!
Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

1993 Shamrock "fat" 20. 2008 Nautique 196 5.0
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2011 at 6:46pm
Must have missed out on this thread.....

Kinda looks like one of these....

Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2011 at 6:52pm
I watched the Mastercraft youtube video that was mentioned above. I'll watch it again more carefully when I get home. One thing I did notice was how versatile the seating and storage is. Looks like you can quickly and easily configure it how you like and there's tons of easy storage. Tons of utility is a good thing.
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2011 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by storm34 storm34 wrote:

Must have missed out on this thread.....

Kinda looks like one of these....

Chris, what the heck is THAT? The MC is PRETTY compared to this!

(Now, Dont tell me you had a hand in designing it!??? )

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2011 at 10:55pm
Mlskier
I think its only fair to post a 2012 Nautique on the MC team forum and compare comments. I doubt any would be favorable and it would probably get deleted within a short period of time.
MIskier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MIskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2011 at 12:24am
That is run by MC though so that is a little different, and I don't think any of them would say your not fit to be an engineer.
2006 MasterCraft PS 190

Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2011 at 10:16am
Matt,
Thanks for posting. Interested in seeing the latest and greatest. Although I'm not an MC fan, at some point the boats of today depreciate to the point that they become affordable for people like me and some of the innovation will be copied/tweaked by CC and others.

Is there any functional reason/purpose of the instruments "rising" up out of the dash or is that just a cool factor?

When you said that the price was "north of $100K" does that mean $105K or $150K. North of $100K can mean many things. Curious. It seems that MC and others would be pricing themselves out of the market. I'm sure there will always be the rich dad who wants his son to have the best of the best, but really are there enough rich dads to make this work for the long haul? There are alot more average income people out there. I mean with the strakes, the UFO dash, the power tower et al is it really $50K more fun than a loaded new Moomba? Is it $90K more fun than my 88 2001?

I know that's not really a question for you Matt, just a rhetorical question for the group.

Again, thank you for posting.

Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343
2017 Boatmate Tandem Axle Trailer

Former CC owner (77, 80, 95, 88, all SNs)

Former Malibu owner (07, 09)
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2011 at 10:57am
Originally posted by Bri892001 Bri892001 wrote:

Some of you guys mentioned keeping the back as simple as possible. I can't totally agree. I like the trend that Yamaha boats started, making the stern a whole activity area, instead of just the end of the boat. It's like a swim platform, plus.
Yamaha Stern

I wonder what the safety review committee was smoking when they approved that concept?
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2011 at 11:00am
Originally posted by SNobsessed SNobsessed wrote:

Originally posted by Bri892001 Bri892001 wrote:

Yamaha Stern

I wonder what the safety review committee was smoking when they approved that concept?

I agree Chris. I think that would be fine around here right up until the engine is started.
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2011 at 11:02am
One of our out-of-towners asked about a rumble seat...that's a pretty good example. It's an antique car term, but they were usually turned to the front?
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2011 at 1:41pm

That is run by MC though so that is a little different, and I don't think any of them would say your not fit to be an engineer.

The new Xstar is all over the Supra/Moomba forums and they are owned by Skiers Choice. Don't take one comment from one member as the opinion of all members. You have to expect that when you post a MC on a CC forum.
But at least you can post it here. As for price the old Xstar is north of 100k my guess is some where in the 130-150 range for the 2012.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2011 at 3:45pm

I wasnt referring to a reverse chine and a spray pocket (like the ones on a 2001, early 90's CC or 90's - current MC's) as the same thing. I was referring to calling a tapered chine and a spray pocket the same thing.

Like I said, they are not the same thing. CC started adding the tapered chine on their hulls with the 2001 (1982) and the first spray relief pockets were on the NWZ hull (1990). The pockets are located under the chine, and are literally pockets on the running surface.

More so you can get 10,000lbs of boat moving in less than a month, I guess I should have explained the region that we wanted to create more lift.

Perhaps you could break it down into simpler terms for those of us not well versed in hydrodynamics? One skill of a good engineer is being able to explain a complex system in layman's terms.

As I understand it, a tapered chine increases lift at the rear of the hull. Is the purpose to improve holeshot (get the hull on plane quicker) or to drive the rear of the hull up (and nose down) once on plane? It seems that this feature is used both on ski boats (minimal wake desired) and wakeboard boats (larger wake desired) so Im struggling to understand exactly what it is they do.
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2011 at 3:52pm
I always assumed the taper would help with acceleration by making the boat wider/more floatable out of the hole.

When up to speed the taper to the bottom side of the hull would help "close the door" behind the boat in order the make the wake as small as possible. That theory wouldn't make sense with a wakeboat unless speed is everything?
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
Mississippi River - Bellevue, IA
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2011 at 3:55pm
Steve, thats a Regal...forgot the model number. Guy on our lake just bought one. Kinda ugly, but it is an upgrade over the jetski on steroids (Sea Doo Sportster) he used to have.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2011 at 4:42pm
Seems to me the running surface would first be designed then additional chines added to increase lift for holeshot.

I don't think MIskier was necessarily calling them the same thing, he was talking about someone else calling them the same thing, took me a few reads to get that.
GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2011 at 5:15pm
even on wakeworld there are "mixed reviews" of this boat by wakeboarders
This is the life
Airgrabber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airgrabber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2011 at 6:32pm
It’s like anything else they totally redesign, like back in the early 2000 when they redesign the snowmobile chassis I thought they were ugly and would never make it but when you got riding them they end up being a hell of a sled. But I can say this about that boat I like the new SN hell of a lot better. They seem to be more users friendly. I thought this was a Ski Nautique site.     
Life is good. Work hard! Play Hard!
MIskier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MIskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2011 at 11:25pm
Base will be around 120K with a loaded one around 150-160. Pricing inst final yet.
2006 MasterCraft PS 190

Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2011 at 11:57pm
$120,000 selling price
$100,000 financed amount
5.5% interest rate (based on current new boat rates)
15 year term

payment                     $817.08/month
property taxes where I live $1916/year (estimated based on $80,000 value)
insurance                   $1000/year (wild guess)
gas                         $5000/season (another wild guess)

ownership cost per month    $1475 (not counting routine service)

Steve's house pmt.          $767 (taxes and insurance escrowed)
Steve's current boat pmt.   $0

HMMMMMMMMM

Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343
2017 Boatmate Tandem Axle Trailer

Former CC owner (77, 80, 95, 88, all SNs)

Former Malibu owner (07, 09)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 34567>
  Share Topic