Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shelbyville weekend

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 34567>
Author
Dutch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2007 at 1:18pm
really looking forward to Shelbyville this weekend. I've been lurking on these forums for a while. The wife, 8-year old daughter and I will be hanging out with Ken (GotWake) and crew. Hope to meet some of you down there. Shelbyville is always a great time and camping at Wolf Creek is pretty good. I know the girls like it cause there are showers for them.
weitekampt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weitekampt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2007 at 10:14pm
I think I am going to find a extra tarp for water protection. There are a lot of great sites back in the trees so we will stay dry for the most part. I keep looking at the weather page hoping the chances of rain back off even further. Also hoping the temperature gets warmer! It is going to be a bit cool on the lake.....but always looking forward to it.

Stopped by my folks place and got the old wood trick skis. Hoping I can still get up backwards. It will be fun for everyone else watching if I don't get up!

Catch you all later
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
1993 Ski Nautique
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2007 at 1:46am
Dutch...glad to hear your comming and we look forward to meeting you! We have a 6 year old and a teen with some friends! Should be a great time!

Todd...it's not going to rain...remember last year! 30% chance of rain and a 70% chance the weather man is wrong = 100% it won't rain! See ya there buddy! Water temp is good!

Just Talked to Rob...sounds like we will meet up with Alan and Dana Thurs evening for a little weekend warm up and on the lake early Fri.

Hollywood...no worries on tow boats for you guys. Also , if you want something to just run around in we can always go fetch the green mustang.

Look forward to seeing everyone and have a safe trip! See ya all there!

stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2007 at 12:12pm
wow what a scramble to get ready with the short work week. Finished prepping/loading the MH and boat about midnight and we're good to go right after work tonight. See y'all shortly. Drive safe.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2007 at 12:35pm
Thanks Gary, we will need to make a run or 2 over to the campground to let the dog out of the car for a bathroom break during the day on Saturday.

Grabbed most of the ski gear last night, will pack up the car and head out early afternoon tomorrow. Hopefully we will see you all before dark.
Dutch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2007 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Thanks Gary, we will need to make a run or 2 over to the campground to let the dog out of the car for a bathroom break during the day on Saturday.

Hey Hollywood, I'll be doing the same for my dog. He'll be in the back of my truck with a fan blowing in the side window. Maybe we could arrange that if I go back I let your dog out with my dog too. That way they get out, and we both aren't worried about running back as much.

I'm not roll'n in till tomorrow late night. I hope to leave at around 5-6pm, and it'll take a good 3-1/2 hours. Stop for dinner.. I'm thinking about 10-11pm we arrive. I'll see you guys down there.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2007 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by Dutch Dutch wrote:

Hey Hollywood, I'll be doing the same for my dog. He'll be in the back of my truck with a fan blowing in the side window. Maybe we could arrange that if I go back I let your dog out with my dog too. That way they get out, and we both aren't worried about running back as much.

I'm not roll'n in till tomorrow late night. I hope to leave at around 5-6pm, and it'll take a good 3-1/2 hours. Stop for dinner.. I'm thinking about 10-11pm we arrive. I'll see you guys down there.

Good thinking on the fan, Kevin I have a small converter in the MH you can borrow if you want to bring along a small fan you can use it. The converter plugs into the cig lighter, not sure how long your battery would last but it's an option.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2007 at 2:03pm
I will look around for a small fan to bring. I don't know how much juice they need, but I would think the battery would last long enough.

The cool(er) weather is a blessing for the hound.

*Shoe Ski Update*
I will have a set finished tonight but not one that I'm proud enough for you to keep. They will be the official CCFan shoe skis, and mailed around for anyone wanting to use them. You always think of a better way to do something after the first attempt.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2007 at 2:47pm

You always think of a better way to do something after the first attempt.

That's why I'm on my second marriage.
Dutch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2007 at 2:51pm
skip the converter and bring a regular fan. The camp sites have electricity, so bring an extension cord and a fan, and what ever else you need.
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2007 at 6:30pm
In the process of loading the boat up. Had a wheel stud break off while the trailer was sitting in the garage. Go figure. Anyway, all fixed, ready for the trip. Can't forget to bring the 2 kneeboards....they're on my list. Hope everyone has a safe drive. See you there.

Rob

P.S. I'll be praying for no, or very little, rain. I'll be towing with the cover on tonight for the first time, but it should be fine....that should pretty much guarantee no rain tonight
tnplicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tnplicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2007 at 7:35pm
I am still not sure if I will be able to make it down for the day on Sat or not.

It likely will be a last minute decision on Sat. morning.

Anyway, have fun everyone and be safe.
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2007 at 12:50am

*Shoe Ski Update*
I will have a set finished tonight but not one that I'm proud enough for you to keep. They will be the official CCFan shoe skis, and mailed around for anyone wanting to use them. You always think of a better way to do something after the first attempt.

Really neat. But who's got the SHOT SKI!!?? Do I need to ship one out? I'm sitting here crying in my beer listening to the good time you guys are gonna have. Do it up big and make us proud.      
ReidP
1973 Mustang

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2007 at 1:00am
My thoughts exactly Reid. They are gonna have a blast.

Alan...know where you are coming from. I did WAY better my second time around!

Have fun guys!

Post pics!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2007 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by reidp reidp wrote:

Really neat. But who's got the SHOT SKI!!?? Do I need to ship one out?

Shoes are done, they look OK with the black rubber Cypress Gardens I took off Harrry's d*ck Pope Jrs he got from a local gratch' sale for FREE. Still want to find some blue rubber for Alan's set.

I'm thinking those d*ck Popes are going to turn into SHOT SKIs reid. I was going to make one from an ancient wood combo/jumper but lost the motivation (time crunch) once I heard Paul and RainDog weren't coming.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2007 at 12:27pm
Hope you guys have an awesome time.. I'm pissed I won't be there with ya... Don't worry about the weather, it'll be great regardless.. Take lots of pics for us...

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

FRG1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FRG1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2007 at 1:29pm
With the weather, how many people are still going?
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2007 at 1:37pm
3 on the way in a few hours. Shelbyville is cursed! Same crap last year but it turned out pretty nice.
Gotwake View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gotwake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2007 at 2:47pm
Probably out as of now, had some last second stuff with the house come up.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weitekampt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2007 at 5:36pm
Have the truck packed and boat is ready. I am anticipating some fun weather this evening....probably right when we get there. But it is supposed to taper off. This weather crap is making me pissed. One minute it is going to brew a tornado...then sunny. I know we are going to head down there and have a great time no matter what. I have the top for the boat so we are headin' to the water regardless of weather.

Plan on leaving around 5ish and arriving at Wolf Creek around 6:30 or so.
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
1993 Ski Nautique
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2007 at 11:11pm
WHERES THE PICS ? What happend ? Who all went ?
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
Johnny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2007 at 4:38am
Despite some bad weather late Friday night and the first half of the day Saturday it was a great weekend! We had about 15 people, 5 CC's, and 1 MC (which had to be towed in on Saturday). Alan, Rob, Gary, Todd, and Brian all had their boats there. I hitched a ride with Hollywood and Carolyn. The three of us came down boatless, but as always with people from this site, we were offered all the rides and pulls we could handle. Rob's 97 SNOB was a real workhorse and did a ton of towing. Between all of us I think we did about everything you can imagine behind a boat over the course of the weekend... Barefooting, Slalom Skiing, Combo Skiing, Kneeboarding, Wakeboarding, Shoe Skiing, Trick Skiing, Wakeskating, Hydrofoil Skiing, Show Skiing (ie: Pyramids), and we even threw some jumpers on and messed around (unfortunately we didn't have an actual jump to go off). I think all we were missing was some wake surfing and an air chair, not too shabby. Thanks to everyone that was there! It's always a great time when we get together! Pictures coming soon...       

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weitekampt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2007 at 11:11am
Johnny really summed it up well. I am so dang sore that I could hardly get out of bed this morning. I was really surprised at the water quality. The kneeboard pyramid was cool, but I don't think my shoulders can handle that again. We still have photos from GL and this gathering that we need to sent Keith. The video from GL is about 15 minutes long. I will get on that shortly.

But right now I have to tear the tent back down because we had to clean it real good and let it dry out. So those are my morning plans. I also have to pull the boat out of te barn and get it drying too. Man I think every boats bilge pump got a work out!!!

It was a super time and I am really glad we could all get together again. Just remember everyone, there is still warm water in Clinton, IL until late october/early november!

Later, Todd
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
1993 Ski Nautique
67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2007 at 11:28am
Pic's......???

Hope you all had a good time!!
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2007 at 11:57am
This was the best boating weekend I've had all year. Super laid back with about the coolest people you can find.

Joel, we really missed you and the fam this year.

The weather friday and sunday was fantastic but surprisingly we did our best skiing in the rain saturday.

Rob, thanks for running your boat for 3 days straight. I don't think it was tied up more than 30 minutes for a rest.

I think everyone had a good time behind the boats, all the girls goofed off on the show doubles, we could hear them laughing from across the lake.

Personally, I dusted off the old trick skiis after about 20 years, learned to wakeskate(or atleast get up on it) bottomed one of the pyramids, slalomed my butt off, Attempted to get up on those funky foil skis and topped the weekend off with a 3 man barefoot run with the big dogs, Hollywood and Johnny.
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2007 at 5:40pm
I've received a leaked exclusive video from last weekend at Shelbyville.

Gotta be someone from the PLBC.

Shelbyville Video
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2007 at 6:18pm
That ain't me as I ride goofy, could be Loren though. I'll need another coffee before I'm able to post how much fun I think everyone had this weekend.
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2007 at 6:26pm
As said by Johnny, Todd, and Alan, we had a great weekend. The weather on Friday was great, Saturday on and off, and Sunday perfect. This weekend once again proves what a great group of CCfans we're fortunate to have in this area of the country. Cool boats, great people, and a lot of fun.

Dena and I had a great time, and it was worth the drive. Thanks to Alan and Dana for putting us up in the Bounder all weekend, and to Hollywood for relieving me of some of the driving duties sunday so I could watch. Also to Gary and his son Lauren, for being patient with me trying to get up on a wakeskate (even if it was behind a mastercraft ), which I was able to do, only to be shown up by Alan later popping right up on his first try. Oh well.

We got a couple of pyramids up as mentioned. The first one was Alan and Hollywood as bases with Johnny climbing, then Todd and I as bases on kneeboards, again with Johnny stepping off a slalom and climbing.

Tons of pics to follow. Hopefully tomorrow.

Rob

PS    I almost forgot. On the way home we were treated to a PLBC mooning. Nothing like 2 pale asses glowing in the dark out the window.
Johnny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2007 at 7:55pm
Here's some pics from Lake Shelbyville...

Rob, Dena, Hollywood, and Carolyn in the 97 SNOB

Alan and Dana in the 81, what a sharp boat

Kneeboard Pyramid (Me on top, Rob and Todd base)

Hollywood and the infamous Hydro-Ski

What a challange. After about 20 combined attempts between Hollywood, Alan, and I this 5 second run by Hollywood was the best we had to show.

Brian: The Hydro-Ski Master showing us how it's done

Me coming around for the hot pickup

Hollywood left, Me center, Alan right. If Alan hadn't told us the last time he footed was in 92 we never would have known. He looked solid as could be out there.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2007 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by Johnny Johnny wrote:

f Alan hadn't told us the last time he LONGLINE footed was in 92 we never would have known. He looked solid as could be out there.

For wake/table reference that is 90' of line (NOT counting the handle) behind Rob's '97 SNOB @ ~40 mph.

Campsite lovin

Johnny a little slow on his tumble

Dena with the promo in the background

Dena again, one of my favorite shots of the weekend.

Dana and Carolyn were having a lot of fun out there.

There were a bunch of cameras out over the weekend, don't know who's got what.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 34567>
  Share Topic