Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gel Coat Prep

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 45678 13>
Author
skinaut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skinaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2009 at 1:23pm
GO STEELERS!
sanity View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sanity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2009 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by sanity sanity wrote:

Good Sunday Steeler Morning, We made it to Youngstown yesterday and turned around because of the weather. So, no boat show to talk about.

Eric, weather was horrible. Good luck with "your" Ravens.

Lee...always with the "home team" !

eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2009 at 4:38pm
it was even to cold to make ice
"the things you own will start to own you"
skinaut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skinaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2009 at 4:50pm

Steeler fan for life, if they lose today I will be pulling for the Ravens
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2009 at 5:11pm
the Ravens are the third last team that i hate.....lol, wish the Steelers luck
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2009 at 12:20am
im sitting here watching, with a traitor (my wife) shes rooting for those guy's with the bumble bee suits on...feels to much like the old days
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2009 at 12:39am
16/14 im starting to sweat, 9 minutes on the clock...plenty of time
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2009 at 1:05am
please get up, hate to see that stuff
sanity View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sanity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2009 at 11:44am
sorry about your loss Eric...LOL
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2009 at 11:52am
lets see how they hold up in Tampa, any reports on the neck injury? he took a shot
sanity View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sanity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2009 at 11:53am
I haven't heard anything yet. He sure did take a shot.
75 stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2009 at 12:08pm
The only up side of the superbowl for me is that everybody will be home watching it so I can have the ski resorts all to myself...
Take your work seriously, not yourself.
Boat Pics
mr_beat View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mr_beat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2009 at 1:58pm
Sanity, don't post here much but read often. I saw your original pic and it struck my eye!

Was the boat at a horse stable? Tarped and in sawdust on a trailer? Just outside of Zeli? If so my friend and I checked that boat out when we were looking for a CC in August/September. Very awesome I can't wait until I can show my friend the end result! He'll be amazed i'm sure. Keep up the good work.

I am from Butler technically, how about yourself?
sanity View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sanity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2009 at 2:15pm
Ryan,

Yes, it's the same boat. Were you looking for an older one?

Daugherty.

Do you dock or trailer your boat? Where do you boat?

Thanks for back pat...it's a work in progress.
mr_beat View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mr_beat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2009 at 3:00pm
Sanity, I was looking for something cheap. Expected to do some work on the boat but that was too far beyond what my friend and I have time for. Our goal was to have the interior done by The end of February and we ony have one seat down... You are making great progress. Did you have to trailer it home on a flatbed? I think the tires looked bad if I remember correctly. First boat, so we are trailering for now. Like to go to the allegheny river, way up at East Brady, and have also gone to freeport launch. Hope to make it down and boat around the point some time this summer. Where do you go boating?
Anyhow keep those pics coming!
sanity View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sanity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2009 at 3:39pm
Ryan,

Believe it or not the trailer made it home. Blink put air in the tires and drove away. That's nothing compared to the Barracuda he hauled home.

We dock in Bridgewater. Love it there. We have an 82-2001.

We make a few trips to Pgh. It's nice there but tends to get a little boat busy.

There's rumor that they are getting rid of Dashields. That will raise us up 4'.

sanity View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sanity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2009 at 3:48pm
A picture of the yuckytan "painted" piece.

What do you think????
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2009 at 3:58pm
Very retro!
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2009 at 4:29pm
Michelle,
Even considering the posible color problems via the net, it sure looks good to me!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
sanity View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sanity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2009 at 4:40pm
It matches the mustang perfectly. Now, they will hopefully get the gel coat to match. I'm excited!!!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2009 at 8:11pm
thats caterpillar yellow, I have gallons of it
h20loo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h20loo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2009 at 8:22pm
are you sure Eric? I think that matches my fridge!!

Well,not my fridge but definetly the boys washroom!!
70 Mustang project
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2009 at 8:26pm
That color looks great. I hope I get to see that boat at Lake George this September.
skinaut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skinaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2009 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by h20loo h20loo wrote:

Well,not my fridge but definetly the boys washroom!!

that is no "boys" wash room with pictures of kitties on the wall
h20loo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h20loo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2009 at 9:26pm
LOL-Skinaut thats the wall of fame for two boys(one a Maine Coon) that have passed on. The pictures are deceptive as they were a Petsmart opportunity and we didn't have many pictures so those have stuck. But you're right- everybody mentions that!!!.
70 Mustang project
skinaut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skinaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2009 at 1:11am
There are other things that give it away also.
First- Way to clean, no hand prints anywhere
second- disposable girls razors neatly stacked on a spotless sink
third- scented hand soap in a bottle, no lava.
forth- and the dead give away....the lid is down!

these "guys" are ether closely monitored or extremely well taken care of.
75 stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2009 at 10:39am
Ive got a matching refrigerator,stove and bathroom fixtures left from a 70's remodel if you really want to follow that color scheme to the extreme...
Take your work seriously, not yourself.
Boat Pics
sanity View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sanity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2009 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

That color looks great. I hope I get to see that boat at Lake George this September.

Thanks...I would love to be able to make it to a cc reunion this year. We'll see what happens. Still quite a bit of work to do yet.

Chelle'
sanity View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sanity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2009 at 6:12pm
Oh wow! Why the difference in price with the gel coat?

Minicraft     5 gal $783.75
US Composites 5 gal $186.50

The color pigments are a poly grade pigment paste. Unlike paint, there are few colors. Only 13.

Minicraft will match for an additional 75.00
US Composites does not match, you're on your own. Hmmmmmm

US Composites explained that they do not have a middleman, so they are able to keep prices low. I told them I didn't need a middle man, I need a matching man!

What do you think gentlemen?
h20loo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h20loo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2009 at 7:07pm
You can probably eliminate the red pigment!! I would suggest that you try to match the test patch mixing formula colors as close as possible and mix your own color.
70 Mustang project
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 45678 13>
  Share Topic