NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2010 Northeast Reunion - Epsom, NH!

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 678910 12>
Author
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2010 at 5:31pm
That's very flattering Bruce, but 6 BFer's would probably yank a Mustang's ski pole out and stand it on it's end, and I was certainly joking about it being able to. Too bad Tim's BFN isn't gonna be there. Him and Joe, transom to transom pull! That's what i want to see.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2010 at 1:50am

Just an update !!

Spoke with Roy from PCM today and he is getting some goodies
to be sent up.   And he just might answer the question about a chip
for the "409".      I know the answer already.....
inside news and loving it.

And had a good talk with Mr.Ralph today, he is packed and ready to go.
He just wanted to make sure I was ready as well.

I told him we will have another great time and enjoy all the people
that can make the trip as well.

Dave

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2010 at 2:57am
Notice I haven't said anything about any boat feats of strength here as mine has been torn down looking for the cause of a little stumble/miss developed whilst going through a tank of gas at mostly 5k plus last sunday... finally found the cause of the stumble in a spark plug wire that had melted a significant hole by being too close to the unjacketed portion of the hitek manifold, also found a hole in my port manifold leaking water into my bilge ... hopefully when I start putting back together the fuel and ignition systems tomorrow I find I didnt create any other problems while trying to fix the stumble.. or I will be bumming rides.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2010 at 2:21am

Marty,

Did reidp talk you in to coming along today?

And I know you are using your new purple lab top....

Tell me I'm wrong......

And I know who is watching the count too...

MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2010 at 2:58am
Tried, but had to bow out.

No on the 'NEW' Purple Dell Laptop.

They e-mailed and said that there was a mistake in inventory. So they had to order a 'NEW-NEW' one out of California! It should be here Friday the 20th.
And to think we have that big ole DELL plant here in Winston-Salem,NC

Did get the 'NEW' ACME 12 x 11.5 LH prop on today though.
With 2 people in the back, the ole Skylark just for a second on the gps hit 40 mph!
Come -on Joe,,what other bolt-ons can I do?

66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
FFtwentythree View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FFtwentythree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2010 at 11:53pm
Dropped off my boat at McCallums today ,now it will just have to wait out the week to see the water.We are hoping to be up friday before 10 am
1966 Correct Craft Mustang
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2010 at 1:40pm
Joe,
How did the weekend go? Get everything back together?

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2010 at 1:56pm
Hey Guys,
Everything for the Reunion is coming together nicely. Weather looks to be great (forecast is sunny and in the 80's - as the entire summer has been), a few more registrations, badges have been created and sponsors are stepping up.

Raffle Prizes will include:
- BABE's boat care kits
- Swag from Nautiquegear.com
- Gear from Regal Connection
- Two, $100 cash prizes from Christine's (aka Nautiqueskins.com)
- ACME Weekend Prop Care Kit
- Swag from CorrectCraftFan.com
- Super Deluxe Boom Mount
- Goodies from PCM
- More ...

I'll be sending out an email tomorrow with some detailed event information, reminders of what to bring, etc.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2010 at 2:20pm
We're looking forward to it, Keith. We'll be there Thursday night, so if you need a hand on Friday I'm available all day.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2010 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by Keith Keith wrote:

Joe,
How did the weekend go? Get everything back together?

-Keith

It is back together with one mismatched plug wire, still has the water leak in the manifold but that's minor. No chance to test how it ran this weekend as we had 3-4 footers on the lake due to 25 mph gusts from the south, a gift from Reidp no doubt. I assume it will run.. she still reads between 208 and 212 psi compression on all cylinders so mechanically she is now well broken in and holding up nicely. I didn't take too much apart looking for gremlins, so as long as I can get it on the water a couple nights this week I should be able to undo any problems I caused.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2010 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

It is back together with one mismatched plug wire ...

Oh, that's a points deduction for 'Best Engine' .

Sounds like you're in good shape for the weekend. I'm confident your engine will look and run fantastic!

-Keith

Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
gcarbone View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gcarbone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2010 at 12:43am
Originally posted by fftwentythree fftwentythree wrote:

Dropped off my boat at McCallums today, now it will just have to wait out the week to see the water. We are hoping to be up friday before 10 am

I dropped mine off Sunday as well Norm...I saw your CC in the same area and thought, that HAS to be for this weekend...thought it looked cool with the paint scheme. I was there around 6pm and the water was already getting close to perfect for a run - only three more days...

There was talk of a pyramid attempt earlier...is this still a possibility? Would be a great photo to put up!
96 SN
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2010 at 2:34am
Hey Guys,
Here's a map of Northwood Lake with MacCallum's Boathouse (and boat launch) highlighted along with the location of the slalom course and rafting area.

Look for more info in an email from me tomorrow.

Thanks,
Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2010 at 11:06am
Thanks for the map Keith. Are there any shallows/ rocks to watch out for (assume the rafting area is shallow)? Are they well marked?

Only a couple more days- we're getting excited!
There's a chance we may come up Thursday night instead of Friday. If so, it will be later in the evening, probably around 8ish. Cheney really wants to ski with Roni on Friday morning.

Thanks in advance for putting together what is sure to be another great CCFan reunion!

See you all in a couple days.

-Brad
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2010 at 2:15pm
   I have been told by several people that there are lots o' rocks in there. Not sure how well they are marked, but I'm sure if they are marked they will be marked with the notorious 'invisible black markers' that bit Ken on Milton 3 Ponds. Not to mention if it's anything like all the other lakes around it will be low due to a severe lack of rain this year. I hope to be able to get the lowdown from someone at MacCallum's about any unmarked potential hazards before launching.I was also planning to come up Thurs evening, but that's not going to happen. Shooting for a pre- 10 am arrival on Friday & looking foward to seeing everyone and getting some R&R on the water.

Ken, did you get a room for Thurs AND Fri. or do you still need a place to crash Friday night??

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2010 at 2:29pm
Hey Guys,
The lake has an average depth of about 10 feet. It's about 20ft near where the slalom course is. The rafting area is actually not too shallow (except near the shore).

Spoke to Peter yesterday and the only area to be concerned with is the one marked in light blue, where MacCallum's Boathouse and the boat launch is located (far Western end of the lake). This is a no wake zone and there is a marked channel. As you come and go from MacCallum's Boathouse, stay between the black and red markers and you're all set. Yes, the water is low so it's even more important to stay in the marked channel.

Once you're on the open water (darker blue section) nothing to worry about.

When you first get to MacCallum's Boathouse, go inside to talk to someone before you launch. They will have handouts (lake map, etc.) and a Waiver for you to sign. They will be able to provide additional details on the lake.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
wakeboardin2k4 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2010 at 4:19pm
I know we have discussed the 200 being available for demo but how about any super airs available for demo?   I know it was mentioned at the beginning that a bunch of different boats would be available for demo but I thought I'd bring it up again for those of us that aren't as gifted on the course as Mr Ken Spurling
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2010 at 5:36pm
Brad, we'll be there Friday morning. We're looking forward to skiing with Rhoni, too, and the boys are looking forward to footing with you. They're both doing shortline now and I don't think they've had a morning of real calm water. It's either been rollers or a slight salmon chop. I'm guessing Northwood Lake is a calm lake.

This may be a dumb question, but McCallom's has a gas dock don't they?
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2010 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

This may be a dumb question, but McCallom's has a gas dock don't they?

That's actually a good question. I'm not sure if they do have a gas dock. Their ramp isn't really a public one, so I don't know if they have public services like that. I was going to fill up on the way over and hope that one tank lasts the weekend.

I was going to ask about gear to raft. Is everyone bringing anchors? I know Log Bay on Lake George seemed shallow enough to just tie to a stump or something.
gcarbone View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gcarbone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2010 at 5:50pm
They do have a gas tank at the launch - $4 a gallon.
96 SN
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2010 at 5:56pm
Hey Guys,
Yes, MacCallum's does have a gas dock. Price is $4.xx per gal, 89 octane, 10% ethanol.

There is also more than one gas station at the nearby Epsom circle which is 5 miles West of MacCallums. Probably best to fill up there before you launch on Friday.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2010 at 7:35pm
Mike,

I won't be arriving until early Friday morning now. I'm going to reserve a room at the Marriott.

Ken
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2010 at 7:40pm
Ken,
Don't forget about the lovely Northwood Motel, just 2.5 miles from the lake, IF they still have rooms available. Three boats/parties are staying there that i know of.    
ReidP
1973 Mustang

harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2010 at 9:22pm
You won't be alone at the Marriot.
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2010 at 9:38pm
Thanks for the recommendation, Reid.

New Hampshire lake = Rocks = black rock markers = I'll follow you guys! Hard to believe that was five years ago.

Ken
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2010 at 11:16pm

I have not pick a place to stay at yet, so keep your doors
locked or you will have company..

I will be coming up Thursday afternoon.

Dave
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2010 at 12:04am
We'll keep our tents zipped up as well

My buddies and I will be at the campground. I know some others here will be as well.
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2010 at 1:11am
Originally posted by The Godfather The Godfather wrote:

I have not pick a place to stay at yet, so keep your doors
locked or you will have company..

I will be coming up Thursday afternoon.

Dave

You coming alone Dave?

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2010 at 1:20am
Originally posted by Nautique2001 Nautique2001 wrote:

Mike,

I won't be arriving until early Friday morning now. I'm going to reserve a room at the Marriott.

Ken

Roger that.

Originally posted by Keith Keith wrote:

Hey Guys,
The lake has an average depth of about 10 feet. It's about 20ft near where the slalom course is. The rafting area is actually not too shallow (except near the shore).

Once you're on the open water (darker blue section) nothing to worry about.

-Keith

good news indeed

Originally posted by wakeboardin2k4 wakeboardin2k4 wrote:

I know we have discussed the 200 being available for demo but how about any super airs available for demo?   I know it was mentioned at the beginning that a bunch of different boats would be available for demo but I thought I'd bring it up again for those of us that aren't as gifted on the course as Mr Ken Spurling

There was mention of a 210 being avail. Not sure if that has changed. I am with you, I would like to take a surf and possibly a rather sloppy and uncoordinated ride on a board behind a new 210. I will have my boat as well Eric, so you're welcome to surf and board behind it all you want as I will be spending zero time in the ski line.
   I'm not gifted enough to ski. Not even poorly

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2010 at 1:37am

Mike,

Yes, I coming alone this time.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 678910 12>
  Share Topic