NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Show your last ski runs of the season!

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
Author
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2009 at 5:28pm
Lake Norman Pumpkin Ski
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2009 at 5:47pm
Nice, very nice!
...those who have fallen and those who will.
skierox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2009 at 8:17pm
Poor persdon on the outside of the pyramid has his pumpkin facing off to the side. I bet kinda hard to complete with the headgear! Fun to see others having fun while I work on downed leaves.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2009 at 8:33pm
I would not have guessed it would be that challenging to ski with a pumpkin on your head but............
also a couple of links to the other fun that was had this day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QGx7NNmTYw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRgykEwUW7Q
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Andy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2009 at 10:25pm

My last run

Me, Chris on the floor, Jamie hoppin, Russ standing on the bow like a knucklehead
My Blue 82SOLD!
inglesideshawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inglesideshawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2009 at 4:53am
the boom.
1989 nautique
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2009 at 1:40pm
RESIZE!!!
LOL
nice pics!!!
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
skierox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2009 at 6:03pm
His face looks a little red, either from the cold or from the pull!
Fl Inboards View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fl Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2009 at 9:32pm
Last Rides of the season???
My only complaint is that it gets dark a 5:00pm. I have to leave the shop at 2:00pm to get my ski rides in. starting to need a rash guard or some kind of warm top as the water is 69*, kinda chilly!!
skined it tonight and ran a few at 35 off, not bad for a 50 something fat guy!!!
Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

1993 Shamrock "fat" 20. 2008 Nautique 196 5.0
Pauly-Banana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly-Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2009 at 9:43pm
We plan to hit 60 this weekend in Minnesota, but the boats are all put away! Many years ago when I was in Florida, a guy from your state found it hard to believe that we do anything but snow ski! He really thought that we were frozen year round. Water is really cold though now!!!!!!!!!!
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2009 at 3:58pm
Water was 50, air in the 60s Saturday and Sunday! A little breezy during the day, but still tricking, slalom and barefoot. We have been getting an unfortunate SW wind which gives us the very little calm water. Even a strong NE wind will give us long straightaways of glass. Of course, 1 mph N wind today!

Minimal clothing under the drysuit, otherwise you're sweating. There is 1 pontoon boat, 2 o/b aluminum fishing boats, and 1 1988 Ski Nautique left on the lake. I will have to watch the weather now, we took the vinyl off the ShoreStation while it's still plyable. Looks sunny and dry all week, may take it out after skiing Sunday but if it'll stay warm I'd like to leave it.

Now that most everyone's docks, boats and lifts are out of the water you notice just how many seawalls are on the lake. A few in a row will have an effect on your back and forth ski runs.

All that cold water rushing through the Velvet Drive's trans cooler makes it tough to keep warm. Hard right turns at slalom or barefoot speeds will almost gaurantee a slip. I'm sure 1183 on it has nothing to do with this...

I think I'll be asking Santa for a new camera for Christmas.
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2009 at 5:00pm
Edit: Resized

Taken Saturday....Blackberry pic...more to come
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2009 at 5:03pm
Alicia is looking a little scruffy there, time to make a salon appointment.
behindpropeller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2009 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

All that cold water rushing through the Velvet Drive's trans cooler makes it tough to keep warm. Hard right turns at slalom or barefoot speeds will almost gaurantee a slip. I'm sure 1183 on it has nothing to do with this...

I think I'll be asking Santa for a new camera for Christmas.

Mine went at about 1400 or so.

We skied yesterday. Strong wind out of the south made for no good barefoot water. All slalom runs.

Water is 45 or so here, and the air was 70. One thin layer under the drysuit was just about right.

Its amazong how quick you get out of shape when not skiing regularly. Time to hit the gym.

Tim

storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2009 at 5:20pm

Can't really tell...right side of deck is almost done w/wetsanding. Other side still has custom hot rod accents!

storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2009 at 5:21pm

Alicia is looking a little scruffy there, time to make a salon appointment.

Thats just the fall coat...wait till you see her full winter coat!
wakeboardin2k4 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2009 at 12:10am
[QUOTE=SkiBum] Not exactly the end of the season. We aren't too good about taking pictures. This was during our annual trek to Lake Powell. My daughter, Michelle (18 yrs).

PS im 21
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2009 at 1:09am
great pictures guys! I need to post a picture of the air cast on my ankle from my last run of the year! Clipped #4 ball with the ski and broke my ankle. I did manage to ski two more days (although not very well), then waited another few days before I finally gave in and went to the Doctor for an xray. Dont float those balls too high!
LakeBoy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakeBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2009 at 1:48pm
Andy and I managed to get a good stretch of barefooting water right in Downtown Sacramento's waterfront called Old Sacramento! This backdrop is a nice change of pace from the swampgrass you usually see us footin' in! Water mid-50's, air high 50's. Still warm!

Roy in Old Sac

Andy in Old Sac
Got Foot?
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2009 at 4:27pm
Envy!
...those who have fallen and those who will.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2009 at 2:15pm
Roy, it's fun to watch the cool places you guys get to ski. Are those temps normal for you guys right now? On Saturday, we were in the 60s here again, low 50s on Sunday. Our small spring fed lakes are just below 50 now, though Lake Michigan (closest big water) is still in the mid 50s. It will freeze a couple hundred feet off the shoreline come January. 40s and 50s this week, lows in the mid to upper 30s.

Finally got some NNE winds yesterday, awesome long straightaways of GLASS. This was the best water I've had on Powers Lake this fall. Lots of tumble to ones, riding 1 footers, and a couple good clean toe holds. I really need to practice my reverse but I don't want to take any nasty headers w/o my neckbrace on since it doesn't really work well with my drysuit. A handful of back 1 foots too, I just couldn't resist the water was that good!

One dock left on the lake, one lift, one 1988 Ski Nautique (now drained). I treated the cover over the cockpit area with an entire can of Camp Dry, hopefully that helps since it might rain a little this week. There was also one little aluminum fishing boat (launched), those guys were wearing parkas and hoods! We will probably have to yank the ShoreStation this coming weekend, then do the trailer thing until the lake freezes over. The skiing is probably going to get more and more uncomfortable from here on out.
LaurelLakeSkier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaurelLakeSkier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2009 at 8:11pm

One dock left on the lake, one lift, one 1988 Ski Nautique (now drained). There was also one little aluminum fishing boat (launched), those guys were wearing parkas and hoods! We will probably have to yank the ShoreStation this coming weekend, then do the trailer thing until the lake freezes over. The skiing is probably going to get more and more uncomfortable from here on out.

Way to hang tough Kevin! Maybe you can make it 'till Christmas if you keep the boat churning up the water and don't let it settle down!
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2009 at 3:20pm
Another great weekend on the lake. Skiied Saturday and Sunday, only three other boats out there, of the aluminum variety, off of trailers. The water is still in the mid 40s, unbelievable! 2 years ago at this time it was 32 degrees. Pulled up to my friend's beach, they were having a family party. Somebody asked "How's the water?", my response "MINE!".

I did pull the dock and lift out yesterday, since we are going to get rain and snow this week that would have made it quite a slippery mess trying to tow the ShoreStation out uphill, on frozen snow covered grass.

Surprisingly I'm still progressing with the skiing, toe-holds are almost "solid", front wakes are fun though I don't count or time it. I'm able to cut out of the wake backwards like Roy does in his videos, then just ride as long as I can. Also learning new tricks on the shortboards, line steps next year for sure.

Another new gash on the back of my hand from pulling the hose off the bottom of the trans cooler. Tip for all you tilted engine guys, if you don't know this will save you some hassle, or I'm just a DA. Pull the hose off the bottom of the RWP (where there is lots of room) instead of the trans cooler (where there is no room -> engine cradle + blower hose). When I pull it off the RWP first, nothing comes out the trans cooler end. I was skeptical if the hose bracket created a high point where both needed to come off, but really nothing comes out of the trans cooler after the hose is already off in the front.

The boat is at the storage barn now, I helped jockey half a dozen boats around (including Johnny's), so that it's near the front and it can come out a few more times. It needs to come out at least once, the water is drained and gas treated but the oil is not changed and engine not fogged.

I'm running out of time to ski anyway, but as long as I'm not working I'll be out if I can find a truck and a driver. Being on the trailer we have some options on where to go now. This coming Sunday is looking good again! I have access to a spare Medium neoprene drysuit for anyone in the area, it'll fit a slim build up to 6', and will have my spare Large bag suit repaired by spring. Come on out!
skfitz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skfitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-29-2009 at 2:25am
today. no skiing, but shoulda.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-29-2009 at 9:14pm
Took a newbe out yesterday - Air was in the low 60's as was the water temps. Need to figure out how to re-size the pictures to upload
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-29-2009 at 9:32pm
Trying the re-sized picture

'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Fl Inboards View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fl Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2009 at 2:35pm
Ski Report:
Panama City, Florida / Emerald Coast.
High 75* Water temp 64* Wins light and variable 0-5 mph.
Boat hooked to trailer headded out 2:00pm.
Skied yesterday with out wet suit,rash guard only!
Though I would rub it in a little!
Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

1993 Shamrock "fat" 20. 2008 Nautique 196 5.0
LaurelLakeSkier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaurelLakeSkier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2009 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by Fl Inboards Fl Inboards wrote:

Ski Report:
Panama City, Florida / Emerald Coast.
High 75* Water temp 64* Wins light and variable 0-5 mph.
Boat hooked to trailer headded out 2:00pm.
Skied yesterday with out wet suit,rash guard only!
Thought I would rub it in a little!

Thanks....just in time....things are starting to ice up here!
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2009 at 3:33pm
Coincidentally, this is what my Spring barefooting would have looked like as well.

The angle of the rope looks high, but this is just the factory trick/air pylon. A lot of people (particularly wakeboarders) call PhotoShop when posting a picture of big air off a double up. The rope really does look higher than it is when shot from below the tow point.

At my current skill level, I don't want any part of any back barefoot slalom. A mostly dry original foam floored 1988 Ski Nautique 2001, 90' of line (plus handle), about 36 mph.
scottb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2009 at 5:12pm
I'm a little disappointed that your drysuit is so normal looking. I would have expected something with some interesting colors in it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
  Share Topic