NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rear Deck Vents

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rear Deck Vents
    Posted: November-19-2008 at 10:55pm
How many vents are turned like mine? I have no blower so I guess that's why CC turned them this way.One for air to come in and move the gases.Even though the front scoop I guess brings the air in and moves it through the bilge. I open the hood when I crank it though.
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
Sam B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2008 at 12:19am
Im not any help but I will say cool boat.

Sam
Loud pipes save lives!!

2011 Green Lake Reunion Best of Show.

Sam's 73
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2008 at 7:43am
Marty,
The forward facing of the starboard aft vent is unusual. Typically (you are correct) that venting while underway the air comes in the bow vent but then out both aft vents. Having a pre 70's boat without a bilge blower has nothing to do with the vent position. Are there any signs such as faint marks or a 3rd screw hole on the deck indicating the vent was turned around? Maybe a PO thought it would work better this way!!! Were the vents ever removed for wet sanding/buffing the deck? From the looks of your deck, it seems some work has been done to bring back the shine.

Although there are some paranoid boaters out there that run their bilge blowers constantly, the blowers are for exhausting possible fumes before starting. Lifting the dog house and smelling for gas fumes was the norm before the blowers became popular in the 70's.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2008 at 11:19am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Marty,
The forward facing of the starboard aft vent is unusual.

Unusual yes, especially on a CC, where I have never seen it before, but not unheard of or wrong as I have seen that configuration on a number of boats.
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2008 at 2:10pm
Yes they have been off for me just to wax the boat.When they were off only the 3 holes there.No signs of repair for them to have been turned though.Shine has always been there. Man what would happen if I did wet sand or buff it!Thanks for the input.
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
h20loo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h20loo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2008 at 8:30pm
All the boats in this thread have the same configuration:
Topic: Paint color for Interceptor Engine
70 Mustang project
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2008 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by h20loo h20loo wrote:

Doug,
Is this the thread you're talking about? paint color for Interceptor I only see the one.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
h20loo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h20loo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2008 at 8:46am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Originally posted by h20loo h20loo wrote:

Doug,
Is this the thread you're talking about? paint color for Interceptor I only see the one.

Yes and in revisiting it I realized that it was only the Keaton.
70 Mustang project
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic