NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Get the Kids out on the water.

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 45678 21>
Author
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2010 at 12:25am
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
Okie Boarder View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2010 at 8:06pm
That's great seeing the little ones out there getting a feel for it. They'll be on to boards or skis before you know it. I've seen a lot of people do doubles with wakeboards and surfboards to help the kids get used to being out there too.
gleenjacob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gleenjacob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2011 at 1:08pm
Very cute. I think your son has been on the water since he was a baby, isn't it? He's really adorable and he looks well trained in swimming.
Bryan89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2011 at 6:25pm
I posted this in the gear wanted section but thought it may get more play here. I am looking for an EZ Trainer for my son, if anyone has one that they have out grown let me know. Thanks, Bryan
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2011 at 6:24pm
no pictures, but I got valentino out with me on the wakeboard...I put him between my legs and he grabbed my knees on the start, then I grabbed him with one hand and with the other I grabbed the handle..his feet were on the board next to the bindings.
he was really excited..but after a few minutes he decided it was enough and insisted on getting back on the boat!!
anyway I happy with this...
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
BFNSport View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BFNSport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2011 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by kapla kapla wrote:

no pictures, but I got valentino out with me on the wakeboard...I put him between my legs and he grabbed my knees on the start, then I grabbed him with one hand and with the other I grabbed the handle..his feet were on the board next to the bindings.
he was really excited..but after a few minutes he decided it was enough and insisted on getting back on the boat!!
anyway I happy with this...

I used to knee board with my kids in front and they loved it.Now my son is doing air 360s on a wake board 10 years later.
Jeff
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2011 at 3:15am
A bit of progress over the last two years. BKH

Livin' the Dream

Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2011 at 12:04pm
Dang thats awesome brian!! How old is she?!? My nephew is a little over 3 and he is still not sold on watersports. I guess he is still young, he will ride the tube with my wife or his mom but is reluctant. He fell off once and still is talking about how I "threw" him off. I guess I just want to know when is old enough to get him out on some trainer skis.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2011 at 12:20pm
She's 4 1/2 now Justin. However, check out the very first pic in this thread where she was 2.5. She's been riding the EZ ski for a couple
of years.

Took some cajoling to get her on the skimmer. There were some tears before she would try it, and some screams after the first fall, but as you can see from the smile, didn't take long to change that. Actually, after the second run she was getting cocky and started cutting so hard that she was turning the board over to the side.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2011 at 2:08pm
She's making that look easy. Nice picture it's been a while!
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2011 at 2:57pm
ya,
he is still a little afraid of the water, last time his quote was "I will drown and I will die". At least he has a respect for the water. He loves riding in the boat and "driving" with me and has no fear of speed, its just the getting wet and getting in the lake fear.
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2011 at 12:01pm
We went out on my brother in laws boat with them the other night. It was my 10 mo. Old nieces first boat trip and she loved it. My nephew, fell asleep.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2011 at 2:06pm
That's where it all starts Justin. Our daughter was 4 months old for the first boat rides, but only because she was born in November and it did not warm up enought till February. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2011 at 2:33pm
Brian,
She's getting her groove on there for sure.. Are you bringing her to GL with ya? If so, could be time to try the trainer skies we have !!!!

Dave
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2011 at 2:39pm
Absolutely Dave. She's been talking about the Green Lake 'cation' for a month now.

Not sure if she's quite ready for the trainers, but you never know. It's been so long since Dad has skied, that I might need the trainers.

Two more "wake ups" till we leave. BKH
Livin' the Dream

RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2011 at 2:52pm
You gotta love that smile, hey Brian. We have the old Zip Sled (which is similar in concept to the skim board) we could pull out on the lake this coming weekend. Also, she might like a tandem surf on the old Longboard with Mom or Dad!
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2011 at 6:06pm
I learned how to ride on a zip sled! Have not heard anybody mention one of those in a long time.
"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2011 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by bkhallpass bkhallpass wrote:

Absolutely Dave. She's been talking about the Green Lake 'cation' for a month now.

Not sure if she's quite ready for the trainers, but you never know. It's been so long since Dad has skied, that I might need the trainers.

Two more "wake ups" till we leave. BKH

Very cool, I'll dust them off just in case !!! Can't wait to see you guys !!!

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2011 at 7:49pm
Dave,
Do you think this old gray haired guy can handle the old Zip Sled?? Our's is still in the boathouse!!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Brady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2011 at 10:18pm
Pete
That brings back some memories
Charlie
Three Lakes, Wisconsin
69 Barracuda
dip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2011 at 1:54am
How quickly it goes from this.......

to this......

and this....

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2011 at 5:13am
No kidding Dip. Seems like their lives, make your life go by even faster. Nice photos. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2011 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by bkhallpass bkhallpass wrote:

No kidding Dip. Seems like their lives, make your life go by even faster. Nice photos. BKH

And it gets worse as they get older Brian... Cherish every minute you can. Danielle is going to drive in 2 years..... Yikes..

DD
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2011 at 9:00pm
I'm always on the lookout to take a kid out in the boat. One kid that walks up & down the shore with his fishin pole I've seen off and on for 5 or 6 years. He stays with his Grammie from time to time in the summer. Anyway I asked his Granny if he could go out, she said sure. So he popped right up on the wake board (boom). We had a blast, back at the dock He said "I've always wanted to wake board since I was a little kid" Connor is 12 and always welcome!   
- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2011 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by Waterdog Waterdog wrote:

I'm always on the lookout to take a kid out in the boat. One kid that walks up & down the shore with his fishin pole I've seen off and on for 5 or 6 years. He stays with his Grammie from time to time in the summer. Anyway I asked his Granny if he could go out, she said sure. So he popped right up on the wake board (boom). We had a blast, back at the dock He said "I've always wanted to wake board since I was a little kid" Connor is 12 and always welcome!   

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2011 at 1:35pm
Great pics and stories. Sharing the boating experience with anybody for the first time is a great feeling, but kids have so much energy and excitement it makes it that much more fun.
"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2011 at 1:46pm
Keegan, where's the pictures of your kid on the new wakeboard? BKH
Livin' the Dream

Cru View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2011 at 2:40pm
new here thought i would start by posting a few pics of good times on the lake this summer.
son 6

daughter 10
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2011 at 2:42pm
Nice. Welcome to CCfan. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Cru View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2011 at 2:46pm
The ride nothing but fun

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 45678 21>
  Share Topic